Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    A bit baffled here, I was under the impression that Heavy Reprucussions was pretty much non negotiable since the beauty of Protection Warriors was our ability to smooth out damage with Shield Block. I mean I even keep it up when dealing with magic damage or not actively tanking for the extra 15% crit.
    You can´t keep SB up all the time in m+.
    Most of the time you are tanking trash. You collect mobs, you have to look for aggro and abilities to stun/interrupt. YOu might press SB 1 or 2 times per pack but that´s it.

No need for HR.
    Even with tyrannical.
    The fight are simply not long enough and there is always something happening where you can´t use SB all the time.

At least, that is my opinion.

Just want to say this advice has done wonders for me in Dungeons. But is the consensus still HR + Vengeance for Raiding?

HR is still a must for raiding, unless you know that the taunt swap will give you sufficient time for shield block to reset. and without anger management boom voice becomes lackluster at best, into the fray really does nothing either, so yes vengeance is also the go to when talenting HR.

Deleted
    I would like to propose another build here, which works wonders for me, especially +15 upwards, where dmg intake is high, therefore high RPDT.

First, I run Bracers + Hands for legendaries.

For talents I would say: Renewed fury + devastator + vengeance + anger management

Renewed fury = almost constant 10% buff
    Devastator = less passive survival but more rage to spend on surviving
    Vengeance = cheaper rage spenders (IP + revenge)
    Anger management = more rage to be spent from devastator => lower cds, plus the fact that AM counts vengeance IPs and Revenges as full spend (IP is counted for 60 rather than the discounted 39). This works the same for bracers.

I believe that this build provides very good dmg both aoe and st, while providing AMAZING smoothness to dmg intake. All the healers I run with say I barely need healing, and when I do, it's easy to get me back up because I don't spike.

Tip here btw: always use IP when below 100% ... to smooth the next dmg hit and to get some heal from bracers.

To support my point, please have a look at one of my parses:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/yDLTCYpqQZ3Km412#type=healing&source=2

It's Necrotic week, anyone else think Vengeance and HR are a bit better in this case?

Deleted
    I feel for necrotic the easiest way to deal with it is honestly to just nuke the packs as fast as you can, I'd go with booming voice and anger management. You're gonna want to kite anyways at some point, Veng and HR don't feel worth it to me on trash.

Maybe on bosses (is it tyrannical for you this week?) it could be worth for 10+, but I personnally wouldn't bother considering the smoothness and more frequent cooldowns you get for trash pulls otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    It's Necrotic week, anyone else think Vengeance and HR are a bit better in this case?

they are never better, stopit

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    I feel for necrotic the easiest way to deal with it is honestly to just nuke the packs as fast as you can, I'd go with booming voice and anger management. You're gonna want to kite anyways at some point, Veng and HR don't feel worth it to me on trash.

Maybe on bosses (is it tyrannical for you this week?) it could be worth for 10+, but I personnally wouldn't bother considering the smoothness and more frequent cooldowns you get for trash pulls otherwise.
    i agree with him, necrotic is more about burst, stuns, slows and kite than anything

For Mythic + Best Served Cold, Devastator, BV, AM build is dominant in every way possible regardless of affix. The damage output is insane as result the speed at which stuff dies directly correlates into much more "defensive" value than any other talent could ever hope to provide.

I have waste, bracers, and walls fell. On trash I wear belt, on bosses I swap to walls fell.

Unless you're pushing mythic Nighthold content I don't see people changing much and even then, a lot of people have grown to love AM due to the synergy created by the influx of rage from Devastator. That said, once content is on farm and folks out gear it, expect to see people for sure dropping HR in favor of AM all together.