Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Thankfully the dev dont base their nerfing on the feeling of players but based on actual facts.

may be hard numbers will do better:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

Demon hunters are nowhere the top.

Then if you care to look boss by boss:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11

other classes are actually very close. and again the sample of log visible is really small.

finally, I suggest you look at addons like Detail!, because visually you might think that someone is like far away from the second dps, but when you look at numbers which this addon gives you, it is 5% difference and looks graphically massive. however 5% is nothing, for a boss in mythic, getting a debuff that makes you move away from the boss while you used your CDs can be detrimental etc.

So thanks for the bait thread, but you should be more constructive in the future and post actual numbers, raid type, and logs.
    Yea those 10 mythic logs are a real good sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They have very strong legendary items, strong single target and aoe burst too. Then you factor in that they are not overly difficult to play to a decent level compared to the rest of a raid and they certainly seem very strong. I am not sure anybody should be surprised by this though they are the new class. When you look at pvp things get even worse, highly mobile, multiple stuns and slows. You can randomly smash keys and beat up on people.
    lolwut? Havoc has 1 stun, unless your including meta stun which is a 2 or 4 minute cd and def not used to just stun. As for slows, the spec has no baseline slow unless you talent or pvp talent them. And one is usually not even taken.

Please do some class research before you spew crap, Havoc is good but not nearly that bad.

sounds like you need to l2pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Kib View Post
    Death Knights were OP at launch...
    Monks weren't...

Following this trend, Demon Hunters should be OP.

If you haven't noticed, this is the reason
    Death Knight, 2 words
    Monk, 1 word
    Demon Hunter, 2 words

Seriously though, Demon Hunters are strong, but i personally wouldn't say "OP" the current Havoc niche is amazing burst with great ST damage and burst AoE which makes the class extremely effective in a raid setting, that's basically it.
    monks wernt a hero class, deathknights and dks were

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    exactly there are no logs to speak off.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need a "nerf"... DH burst way too hard, but they don't need their damage reduced, they need it spread out... I would like to see the cooldown and duration of meta both cut in half, and the cooldown and damage of their artifact ability both cut in half... That would spread their burst out a lot.

Would also solve the PvP problem of them just doing way too much burst damage, that they still have after the damage nerfs... I don't want to see their damage go through the floor, because I do have a DH alt that I would like to keep playing, I do however want it to not all be frontloaded, because it's a little absurd right now.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-01-27 at 07:50 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Think you misspelled Shadow Priest mate. DH is in a great spot at the moment, not too powerful, nor too strong.
    Said the DH.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    DH seems to be miles ahead on DPS both on aoe and ST and openers.
    On openers... lol.. You don't balance a class on openers. What a meme.

The real issue is the burst, which is what fire mages had and why they nerfed RoP. I've seen dh openers for over 2 million in single target. There is something seriously wrong with that, especially when it comes to m+. There is no reason they can't nerf their burst and buff their baseline to smooth the damage out more.

Bad class design on a couple of abilities (esp. the AoE). Needs a nerf or redesign.

Sigh.. Shoulda read the thread.

Swap to Norm/HC and you'll see DH are nowhere near op.

Even in Normal where you have low kill times and high CD uptime (Which DH have a great many of) they're only number 1 on TWO bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

The real issue is the burst, which is what fire mages had and why they nerfed RoP. I've seen dh openers for over 2 million in single target. There is something seriously wrong with that, especially when it comes to m+. There is no reason they can't nerf their burst and buff their baseline to smooth the damage out more.
    They could quite easily half the CD's and in turn half the dmg, Pretty much.
    Last edited by Lolsteak; 2017-01-27 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Pvp is out of control but in pve they are fine

Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    Did you really used the MYTHIC Nighthold logs to support your opinion? At the moment of me writing this comment, every spec has less than 25 parses on mythic. Lol.
    you can switch it to heroic instead of mythic, and what he said still holds true. Burst strong, aoe ok. on short fights you will se DHs at the top. Longer the fight is others will catch up and take over. Remains to be seen what happens when the elisande trinket + legendary shoulders become more available.

10+ Year Old Account
    "DH's are a fair and well balanced class" 11/10 IGN game balance column

The problem is that Meta is a HUGE damage CD with a longer cooldown time. The easiest way to fix it is to make it work similar to a ret paladin's wings, 2 min burst window that is huge, but not in the OP sense that it is atm. Right now it's like pop demon form and you win in both PvE and PvP

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, they are totally fine.
    Serenity, Method and Exorsus are obviously running 2 - 3 Havoc DHs because they are a bunch of massive Illidan fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Sigh.. Shoulda read the thread.

Swap to Norm/HC and you'll see DH are nowhere near op.

Even in Normal where you have low kill times and high CD uptime (Which DH have a great many of) they're only number 1 on TWO bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

They could quite easily half the CD's and in turn half the dmg, Pretty much.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist.../#difficulty=4

They are very tight with 3 other OP melee right now.

They could do with a slight change to their burst:sustained ratio. They're amazing with meta and terrible without it.

yeah, they're 7.1 SP levels of broken atm

convergence and the new legendary shoulders is something blizzard didnt think through

Quote Originally Posted by Evassac View Post
    They use a guide I made for them with specific legendaries in mind that allow that. Other builds / legendaries don't and DH are just as strong as others.
    Who are you, again?

Deleted
    Their single target does look quite far ahead from everyone else's.

But warriors are looking like good candidates for the chopping block aswell.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Nah, they are totally fine.
    Serenity, Method and Exorsus are obviously running 2 - 3 Havoc DHs because they are a bunch of massive Illidan fanboys.
    AS opposed to when they ran like 6 rogues or mages and those classes were always like "NAH GUYS WE ARE FINE, IT'S JUST THE CLASS THEY LIKE TO PLAY!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Their single target does look quite far ahead from everyone else's.
    Outside of the first 20secs of the fight. It is nowhere near "quite far ahead"