Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Are these the decision makers, though, or the get-things-done guys that the decision makers rely on? Honest question here.
    Not sure tbh. I assume they would have to be somewhat significant level positions as I doubt they would have reported a few minion level workers leaving. One then could then probably safely assume these workers have had some hand into the disasters in the middle east policy making.

Deleted
    4 cold war dinosaurs who should have quit years ago finally stopped infesting the 21st century with their bullshit? Good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Isn't that how "draining the swamp" should look like?

US is certainly caught in quagmire as far as foreign policy is concerned...
    These particular individuals werent really ever part of the swamp. They were the hard working chaps who were assigned rsther than being elected, and thus were never thrown into the political arena, and never had to play party politics merely to retain their positions. These nut and bolt types who keep the goverent running while congress is off politicking are as far from the swamp as you can get in public service

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The new sec. of state is a good friend to Russia. Now they clean house of public servants that have been helping the country for 30+ years under both dem and repub presidents.

I wonder exactly how much damage can be done in a few years?
    I expect sanctions to be lifted within a few weeks, exxon making billions with their currently halted russian oil deal.

And maybe a few people will wonder why the sanctions are lifted since russia did absolutely nothing to justify that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    4 cold war dinosaurs who should have quit years ago finally stopped infesting the 21st century with their bullshit? Good!
    No way dude. They are called "qualified professionals" trying to do what's right for US, not "20th century fossils" stuck in cold war mentality.

/s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    But... but...THEY'VE DONE SUCH A GREAT JOB!!!!!
    Yeah destroyed middle east, starting new cold war with Russia n China...they brought some of worst 20th century habits into the 21st century..
    Their full-spectrum-dominance mentality would ruin this century too...this bullying of other countries will not work so usa was wasting time when they should have made deals to keep usa at forefront n at peace...

7+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck praises Victoria Nuland?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yeah keep telling yourself that. Just remember, you can look at the Pentagon... it took YEARS to get the experienced civil servants in place to finally get Pentagon acquisitions and management on the road to reform.

'Everyone is replaceable" is an article of faith, not a fact. As an example Trump has been encouraged to keep Robert Work and rehire the recently departed Frank Kendall as undersecretaries of defense because of bipartisan support for the excellence at their jobs. Both offered to stay on, because they believe in the work.
    But those are under Mattis, not Tillerson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Do you honestly believe that any of the top 50 appointees at things such as the state dept are not meant to be fiercely loyal to the potus? I mean, you really believe that? They all get changed every time a new WH admin comes in. Trump would only be following the presidential playbook. The same one Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan and Carter followed.
    If I were an American, I would want top officials to be fiercely loyal to America, not the POTUS.

Also they are not changed every time. Career diplomats and bureaucrats stay on because they are not politicians, they are professionals. You are spouting alternative facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    They are just as qualified as Trump, if not more.
    Everyone who has ever read a book is more qualified.

Yeah destroyed middle east, starting new cold war with Russia n China...they brought some of worst 20th century habits into the 21st century..
    Their full-spectrum-dominance mentality would ruin this century too...this bullying of other countries will not work so usa was wasting time when they should have made deals to keep usa at forefront n at peace...
    Dude these people that just quit aren't the ones dictating policy they are the ones that execute policy no mater who the leader is of the country....

These people don't bloody bring wars to a new administration, the administration specifically brings war and these people try to do what their boss tells them to do (you know the president of the united states of america).

Unless you come up with proof that these people are puppet masters that have influenced the direction of multiply administrations then you're just making things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    And do you seriously think that I will "talk" with someone who is not going to listen? Not to mention that is going grammar police on me...I bet you expect me to "address" you by either supporting or hating Trump. I'll not do that. I'll just say in short what I did already and this goes for pretty much every person, regardless of being Trump or anyone else - How can you judge someone before that person even acted upon his thoughts? Isn't that schoolyard tactics?
    So long as you accept that everything you said applies to Trump as well, I don't particularly give a shit if you think the same of me. I will just point out though, that its a lot more acceptable for some random on a forum judge a book by its cover and be intolerant of others than it is for the President of the United States...

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Dude these people that just quit aren't the ones dictating policy they are the ones that execute policy no mater who the leader is of the country....
    lol, no. Apparently it does matter who is the leader, since they quit because of him, as it was put in the article, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    ...do you mean people in this thread, or people in general? Because most major news sources are talking about main issues as well as the fluff like Trump being butthurt about crowd size.
    I am mostly talking about people in this thread, but the mass media in general is pretty clueless as well. To get a good picture, you seem to have to dive into the weekly political magazines and I can promise you that Fatty McDirty from the car workshop down the street isn't a subscriber to the magazines that go a bit more in depth.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Good. Cya later, don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Everyone is replaceable.
    This is what ceo's say as all their talent leaves and they end up ahit creek with no paddle with a debt collector on the bank shooting holes in their quickly sinking boat been filled with shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyxi View Post
    If something similar happened at a publicly traded corporation, its stock would probably go into a death spiral.
    I know right? 3 important people at Blizzard left over the course of 2.5 years and people lost their shit claiming the sky was falling at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    lol, no. Apparently it does matter who is the leader, since they quit because of him, as it was put in the article, at least.
    it doesn't mater in the way that they worked for both parties since the job itself wasn't tied to one specific political party....god seriously, did I really have to point this obvious thing out?

I truly felt bad for John Kerry. He is one of those guys who you can see honestly gave a shit and was trying to make a difference. Meanwhile, in the State Department, they were doing their damnedest to fuck up everything they possibly could. It didn't help that Obama let it get so off the rails with and after Clinton got her testicles into the department.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I truly felt bad for John Kerry. He is one of those guys who you can see honestly gave a shit and was trying to make a difference. Meanwhile, in the State Department, they were doing their damnedest to fuck up everything they possibly could. It didn't help that Obama let it get so off the rails with and after Clinton got her testicles into the department.
    You know his biggest frustration in regards to the ME was Israel right?

2e place is probably congress that has the bad habit of being huge fanboys (both sides)

It's the same with Obama and Biden probably

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Well, golly, you got me there. Why, it'd take a quote from Perry himself to prove you wrong at this point OH WAIT HERE'S ONE NOW

Perry didn't know everything the DoE did. He wanted to abolish the agency that oversees nuclear weaponry. He admits this.

Kettle to pot: "Check out my chrome resurfacing, man. It's bad ass."
    The article says at the time of his appointment, which is false false false. But hey, keep believing everything you read, I hear Bengazi was the result of a youtube video, everybody be rapin/getting raped on college campuses, oh, and if you like your health care plan you can keep it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why President is so special? He is just human like you and me.
    Coz he has control over one of the most powerful countries in the world maybe? He is human just like you and me, but he can affect the lives of hundreds of millions of people if he has a tantrum and makes a hasty decision. Also, a president that is intolerant of others is just not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You know his biggest frustration in regards to the ME was Israel right?

2e place is probably congress that has the bad habit of being huge fanboys (both sides)

It's the same with Obama and Biden probably
    I have no personal love for Obama. It's hard to look at him and think "yeah, objectively speaking he was a good president." If the metric is simply that the country didn't enter into war or completely tank under a presidents term, I think we have serious issues. That being said, I believe Biden to be an impressive guy who truly believed in what he was trying to do for noble reasons.

That's my issue with this and so many stories. If we all know that Washington is all politics and vacant civics then why would such an event as Obama loyalists (or even Clinton loyalists) walking out of the job shock anyone?