Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well, I don't like doing trash either but that doesn't mean I don't help my guild kill the packs faster. If you're slacking you deserve the warning, everyone has to contribute in a raid group.

Deleted
    kicking such a cute cute panda would be pure evil ! sad!

If you're getting uppity about contributing on trash, you belong in LFR. Do your guild a favor and Gquit.

Doesn't everyone else have to work harder to make up for your slacking off? I mean, if everyone did it, there would be trash wipes, and it really doesn't get more frustrating than that. Don't get me wrong, I think just about everyone blows off trash now and then and does just what you said, but not consistently, if it's a regular thing than, yeah, people get angry at having to step up their game to cover for you.

You do what the group demands of each other or you leave the group.

Are others allowed to slack on trash? Then bring that up. Otherwise do the work expected of you.

I would just say im dealing with real life issues they dont need to know why you arent clearing trash.

Everyone slacks off on trash minus the most competitive raiders. You might alt tab, take a sip of water, etc. You do it since you have the leeway, since you don't on a boss fight.

The OP must be slacking off a considerable amount for it become noticeable. I find it hard to believe that no one else in the guild doesn't give 100% during trash. The only exception I can think of is that even more casual guilds can expect full attention during Progression Runs, so they can get to the boss ASAP and not have to waste time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    So the guild I'm currently (only been in it for 2/3 months)in the officers/gms are threatening to kick me from the guild because apparently I slack on trash, admitted I do use that time to reply to /w and texts on my phone/change music/bio break stuff like that but their argument is that if I can't perform on trash I don't deserve to be on the bosses/raid, on bosses I perform as to what is expected of me and in many cases I out perform the other same classes even though they have superior weapon levels etc than me
    What if the entire team decided to go do something else while the rest do the trash? The raid wouldn't go anywhere because no trash would be killed while everyone replies to their texts. Their point is, if they have to do trash, what makes you so special? Your performance on the boss might be great, you might be better than the others and in an elitist guild that may get you a pass, but in a casual guild made up of friends, they are there to play together for fun so your boss damage probably does not matter to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodzilla View Post
    I would just say im dealing with real life issues they dont need to know why you arent clearing trash.
    And I would let you get away with it once and then gkick you the second time. Don't be a douche.

Ok I'm going tbh I do this as well , like on trash I'll reply to some texts but only very briefly and after that continue melting them . But I have a feeling my guild is slightly friendlier than yours , especially our RL. But then again being part of the Top 3 DPS in the progression groups helps with not being vulnerable to those kinda threats , just make yourself valuable . Especially outside of raiding

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    If your lazy, yeah why wouldn't they grill you.

Trash ain't hard, but it's disrespectful to other people's time (No debate possible)
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    I don't see what's wrong to slack off on trash. And if someone is starting to threaten you threaten them back whenever they fail or perform shitty. You always have to be on top when it is getting toxic.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly like others mentioned we're not getting the full story. If they're angry because in a 4 hour span you AFKed for a quick minute once or twice to grab a drink or bio then I'd say it could be unreasonable if you're fully participating for the remainder amount. Shit happens and I've never seen a group in the decade that I've been playing that didn't understand that. I've even been with people that needed to afk for 10 or even 20 minutes at a time because something much more important came up and everyone was fine with clearing trash and then waiting for him to return because he never made it a habit and it was obviously important. It's called pull your fair share of weight and when the time comes where you need to step away then no one has a problem with it.

Thing is though, I see it more of being in situation where you're hardly there for any trash packs and outside of maybe popping CDs occasionally (if at all) you're probably one hand spamming a single button for trash or something similar if not just simply alt tabbed out going about your business. Every minute you're not performing to the best of your ability is a minute of people's time you're absolutely wasting. That time can be spent hurrying up to kill the bosses quicker so that everyone can do whatever it is else they want to do afterwards.

People's time is valuable. When you decide to play a game with 4-39+ other people that are giving you their time then you owe it to them to give them yours. I can't count the amount of times I've done a dungeon or pugged a raid where someone has constantly afked in trash or auto attacked there way through and usually I end up kicking them or simply sitting there until they come back. I play to clear content and have fun. Not carry people like you because you have something more important than the people that are giving you their time. Frankly, I'm amazed at how many comments in this thread thing that it's ok to sit around and afk to watch other people do your job for you.

But at the end of the day, it's still their group and their rules and if you don't like it then find a guild that doesn't mind killing trash without you while you reap from the reward.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-01-27 at 05:13 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Pee before the raid? If you can't handle 4 hours without peeing you might want to go to a Doctor instead of raiding.
    Some of us like having a few beers whilst we kick back and relax to play WoW, beer makes you want to pee, very unreasonable to expect to go 4 hours without peeing, maybe if I was a teenager or in my 20s I could do that but now I need to go every half hour or so.

Saying that though, OP is still in the wrong for not helping with trash, I hate trash, most people I expect hate it but it has to be killed. If you're gkicked then you prolly deserve it.

It depends on how often you're doing it. If you think it's okay to afk or slack on most of the trash, then yeah, you deserve it. If it's only on the rare occasion, then they're being jerks. Everyone has real life stuff come up (unexpected bio, dog needs to go out, etc.) and people that I've raided with never had issues with people needing to sometimes take a quick break for those things. Having someone think that they're above having to help clear trash, however, is a completely different story.

From your post you sound like you think you're better than other members, openly admitting to dicking around and texting/doing whatever doing trash. How would you feel if you were putting in time on every trash pack while some other guy slacked off EVERY time, only actually trying on boss encounters? I don't care how your DPS is on bosses, I'd threaten to kick you if you didn't get your act together, too. When you raid you're there for the entire raid, not just the parts you feel are worthy of your time.

Deleted
    By the sound of it you're half-afk, that's not "not giving 110%", it's probably below 50%.

If you're going to make trash a chore I don't see any reason not to be giving you heat over it.

As a long time raider, there is nothing I dislike more than the person who only shows up for bosses and is AFK otherwise. You are literally telling the other people in your team "My time is more important so you do the trash while I do whatever the fuck I want."

The fact a guild has threatened to kick you over it is a good thing. They are letting you know you are NOT more important than them and to clean up your act.

Nothing hardcore or elitist about it at all. And the fact they are threatening you with this shows that they care about all of their members.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I will be perfectly frank, unless you are running super tight time constraints or you're in a top 10 guild on server, there is no point to try on trash mobs. If you're wiping on trash? Sure, you need to pick it up. But if trash takes 1-3 minutes longer than normal? They are tripping and need to get a grip on reality.

Not to mention, tight time constraints can be fixed by properly making a schedule that fits every players needs. So if it is tight time constraints, it's a leadership issue.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Don't know how elite your raid group is but isn't expected that everyone in your group is cooperative, And how would you feel if your healer or your tank underperformed on trash because they are checking their texts or having a bio break, Wipes can happen fast if either of those are away for 10 sec.

When you are raiding you are part of a team. as for example if your in a soccer team playing a match you can't just run from the field because you feel like it