Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Sounds like a terrible guild. I used to slack on trash because let's face it, it's trash. If the keeners want to go all out then good for them.
    And if everyone slacked... oh wait, you're special, right?

Sounds like a terrible guild. I used to slack on trash because let's face it, it's trash. If the keeners want to go all out then good for them.
    And if everyone afks on trash, what gets accomplished?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And if everyone slacked... oh wait, you're special, right?
    That's not how it works. There's always gonna be some hardcore no lifers in most guilds who will be using pots and going all out.

Fact is, some of us want to grab a glass of water, check up on family members or answer emails. What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    Well as this thread has quickly tunred into why am I not going to the toilet before raid fest, it's clear that most people think I should put in the exact same amount of effort you do with bosses so thanks all for the replies
    Sorry you didn't get your way and weren't told that your guild is being unfair lol.

Deleted
    Well, you have set times every week for raids, during that time you're expected to do just that. If you don't like it stop raiding, because slacking= wasting other peoples times.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not how it works. There's always gonna be some hardcore no lifers in most guilds who will be using pots and going all out.

Fact is, some of us want to grab a glass of water, check up on family members or answer emails. What's wrong with that?
    Because you're not pulling your weight. You're leeching off others. If you want to do that shit, run LFR. But you don't need to check your email or check in on your family every 30 minutes. Focus for a couple of hours.

Every excuse of this kind comes down to "I'm special, what I want is more important than being a team player".

Wow. I read this thread and did not see what I expected. At all.

We routinely have at least 1 person go afk for a bit on trash packs. We don't really do official breaks, you just get up when you need to. If it turns out that's too many people to keep going, we just make it an official break.

Because, shockingly, we all want to raid, so we all naturally want to minimize our downtime away from the raid. If you have something else you need to do, you just let the raid know and go do it. And, because we're all reasonably mature, we just move on. So long as we don't have both tanks, all the healers, or most of the dps go at the same time, it's not like it's difficult to deal with the trash down a few people. The number of times we have to actually stop because too many people go afk is vanishingly small.

If they're insisting you take no breaks and give 110% the entire time, they're not doing casual raiding. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but you can't claim to be casual while you're demanding that level of focus and dedication.

Hell, even when we were doing heroic raiding in Cataclysm we didn't act like that. That's something I'd expect from guilds going for realm firsts on Mythic fights, nothing less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you're not pulling your weight. You're leeching off others. If you want to do that shit, run LFR. But you don't need to check your email or check in on your family every 30 minutes. Focus for a couple of hours.

Every excuse of this kind comes down to "I'm special, what I want is more important than being a team player".
    It's not. I would basically always be a top performer on the boss fights. So it's only right that I can take a break on trash. Anyone can clear trash for the most part.

Jeez. I wish I could like every post you've made in this thread. So many bad arguments from people who think they're actually important. It's so easy to replace slackers with someone who puts even just a little more effort.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not. I would basically always be a top performer on the boss fights. So it's only right that I can take a break on trash. Anyone can clear trash for the most part.
    There you are again with your "I'm special, I do well on bosses, so I 'DESERVE' to take time off during trash."

Sorry to burst your bubble, you don't deserve to take a break because you're doing what you're supposed to on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    Well as this thread has quickly tunred into why am I not going to the toilet before raid fest, it's clear that most people think I should put in the exact same amount of effort you do with bosses so thanks all for the replies
    One thing that helps....if you have to bio thats a legitimate reason to afk briefly, but make sure you are just going to the bathroom, and make sure you tell someone "need a bio". Note that this is only reasonable if its not every trash pack but if you need to reply to a text, while loot is being handed out briefly do so and weigh things of importance, can the whisper wait til after raid? Is your text asking whats up? these things can wait for a bit...its just being considerate is all.

In my history as a raider it only happen once, some people(same people ) keep slacking on trash on our progress nights, everything was fine till we hear loud on vent ''I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS FORCE ME TO DO THIS'', follow by a addon spam that every member in our raid got a -20% -dkp including the raid leader ( he had the mentality ''one for all and all for one''), he said the names of each person that slack and told them next time he will butcher their dkp so bad that they will never get a item as long as his the raid leader, we never had a slacker on trash, not even on farm nights)

Personally i find it extreme that they want to kick you , i would just have a talk with you, -dkp next time, demote to member 3th time
    Last edited by kaelix1; 2017-01-28 at 12:11 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

The issue is, that they act as if doing, what most others do, is below them. Like they are special. They are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

In my guild we have 3 raid groups, 1 pushing hard progression, second semi hardcore and third casual. Everyone in all 3 groups are using potions and all other consumables. You know why? Because we respect each other in the guild and we want to make raid smooth and fun experience for everyone.

And how would you kill those bosses if everyone in the raid would just go afk on trash? Or how fun would be raid when you kill maybe 2-3 bosses because clearing trash take forever due 80% of the raid being afk? Who deserve to be afk and whos dont?

Use LFR then?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not being elitist for wanting you to participate on trash. It's something that should be expected from everyone in the group. It's "just" trash, but it's still something that has to be done. It's a shitty feeling seeing someone just slacking (and not saying anything!) and making the run that much slower for the entire group. It might not even be a minute that's lost, but that's not the point. You are expecting others to do it for you, to do the more mundane part of the raid, to cater to your selfish desires.

The only reason I'd agree with you them being elitist, is if they expect you to have a bottle to piss in.

Deleted
    Nobody enjoys clearing trash. Literally nobody. We all have to do it though because the trash is there. I do not think any raid member should be exempt from doing this, as we are a team and should act as a team. My guild has a similar problem right now and it is a bit irksome.

If it was up to me, I'd bench anyone who slacks on trash if they don't stop doing it after being told the first few times, since it displays a bad attitude and a lack of team spirit. I don't mind people AFKing for a specific reason such as really needing the bathroom or whatever, but if you're constantly AFKing on trash mobs you are being selfish and I completely agree with your guild here.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    When you're part of a group and you're dragging your ass because you're texting someone or checking your facebook, you kind of have it coming.
    Wrong. You have to be real tight in the ass to start 'threatening' with gkicks because of shit like that.

It is a bit jack not doing your share of work on the trash packs and i agree i would if i was a GM warn anyone who constantly is lazy and making others in the group do the leg work.

Though i must say blizz needs to learn to calm down on the trash packs with future content. I swear nearly every instance has way WAY too much trash and its exhausting on the hands to kill all that shit before you have to work to kill the main boss.

I swear though TOC was shite i did love the fact there was no trash just bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Wrong. You have to be real tight in the ass to start 'threatening' with gkicks because of shit like that.
    If someone would keep afking all the time on trash even after warning I would immediately kick that person from raid and bench for few next runs. If you dont wanna clear raid (and raid include trash) then dont join raid group.

I kicked someone because he wasn't running back after any wipe(early tbc).
    Healers are not your slaves and you are wasting our time, even if its 1 second.

Same applies for you, wasting time of others.

I mean, the majority of some raids is trash.