Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    People seem to be jumping on this wagon of that I sit there and do absolutely nothing during all trash pulls. As explained before I still put in and do my rotation, use cds, contribute to doing deeps. What I'm saying is that the odd time I have to go for a bio (because we don't get a break) or I get a text (which is important and can't be ignored for 4 hours). The second they notice me that as a mellee an not in range to do my damage they ask why I'm slacking, it's literally 30 seconds and they are on me
    Like I said above, if you weren't putting in the performance relative to the raid, they wouldn't be noticing. So something is wrong in what is happening here. Do you mention you're going AFK to do whatever, or just do it? Could be a factor. A simple "Sec, need to pee" makes life easier.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to be jumping on this wagon of that I sit there and do absolutely nothing during all trash pulls. As explained before I still put in and do my rotation, use cds, contribute to doing deeps. What I'm saying is that the odd time I have to go for a bio (because we don't get a break) or I get a text (which is important and can't be ignored for 4 hours). The second they notice me that as a mellee an not in range to do my damage they ask why I'm slacking, it's literally 30 seconds and they are on me
    So how come others are not threatened to be kicked but you? What´s the diffrence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I wouldnt take much of what these neckbeards say to heart. their holier than thou attitudes are fucking pathetic when I'm sure they themselves have done it once or twice almost every raid week. Hell, it's illegal in America for a WORKPLACE to not give you a break within 4-5 hours of working. If your guild can't handle you disappearing for 60-180 seconds on trash once or twice a fucking raid then they need to check their life priorities.

The snarky, rude atittudes of the replies in this post are sickening. No wonder the game is dying.
    Last edited by rasako; 2017-01-27 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    So the guild I'm currently (only been in it for 2/3 months)in the officers/gms are threatening to kick me from the guild because apparently I slack on trash, admitted I do use that time to reply to /w and texts on my phone/change music/bio break stuff like that but their argument is that if I can't perform on trash I don't deserve to be on the bosses/raid, on bosses I perform as to what is expected of me and in many cases I out perform the other same classes even though they have superior weapon levels etc than me, when I joined they advertised them selves as a social relaxed guild of a few fellow friends that have been playing together for years, progress is what you'd probably expect from an average guild, 2/3 mythic kills in EN and just venturing into Heroic NH. My question to all of this is do they have a fair point to gkick/bench me for not giving 110% performance on trash mobs or are they just being elitist while thinking they are casual?
    What does it matter who they are or who they think they are? In the end they say what they want and do what they want. So you either suck it up, bring it up to them or leave.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    So the guild I'm currently (only been in it for 2/3 months)in the officers/gms are threatening to kick me from the guild because apparently I slack on trash, admitted I do use that time to reply to /w and texts on my phone/change music/bio break stuff like that but their argument is that if I can't perform on trash I don't deserve to be on the bosses/raid, on bosses I perform as to what is expected of me and in many cases I out perform the other same classes even though they have superior weapon levels etc than me, when I joined they advertised them selves as a social relaxed guild of a few fellow friends that have been playing together for years, progress is what you'd probably expect from an average guild, 2/3 mythic kills in EN and just venturing into Heroic NH. My question to all of this is do they have a fair point to gkick/bench me for not giving 110% performance on trash mobs or are they just being elitist while thinking they are casual?
    110%...you aren't giving 10% from what I'm reading. The longer trash takes, the longer the overall run takes. The fact that they aren't kicking you outright means that you are indeed in a relaxed guild. You are being a selfish jerk, and the guild is being entirely patient with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    So how come others are not threatened to be kicked but you? What´s the diffrence?
    Well from what I've seen it's because I'm not in their "inner circle" of friends there's 20ish of the raid group, I'd say 13ish are either irl friends/played/known each other for years and then there's probably 4/5 of us which are outsiders and I've picked up that the "outsiders" get picked up on more little bitty bits more than the "friends" circle (there's been nights where dps are below tanks on multiple raids and nothing is said or done but because they are friends of all the gms/officers it's alright
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Wait... There are black people in China? You learn something new everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Kids are the worst STD you can catch.

10+ Year Old Account
    "My guild is literally Hitler!!!!!! If I pick my hand up off the keyboard to scratch my nose and have 99.85% uptime instead of 100% uptime they threaten to kill my family!!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh Everyone agree with me and my absurdly biased story and tell me I am in the right wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

- This thread.

Its pretty simple, if everyone did what you did on trash then you wouldn't be killing bosses, you don't get some "special pass" just because you do good on bosses. If they are talking to you that means its noticeable and you do it often.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    You came here wanting opinions, you got them. If you're still hard wired trying to defend your actions perhaps you could provide a character/guild name for logs??

Without two side of the story, any farce can be made. As a guild leader and raid leader, I personally would sit you if you continuously went afk for trash. If you were sat more than once or twice for it i'd assume you didn't want to put in the effort and simply didn't wish to raid, hence you would no longer be invited to raids.
    Paper is fine, nerf Rock. ~Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "My guild is literally Hitler!!!!!! If I pick my hand up off the keyboard to scratch my nose and have 99.85% uptime instead of 100% uptime they threaten to kill my family!!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh Everyone agree with me and my absurdly biased story and tell me I am in the right wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

- This thread.
    Real mature response there, that's not what I'm saying at all. All I'm doing is asking fellow players if this is fair of a guild to claim they are casual and social etc to have such strict rules to raiding and to see if my opinion is valid or the guild has a point of that I should be kicked for my minimal downtime during trash

You sound like someone who finds nothing wrong in welfare systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly people seem to have this weird creepy culty "everything is for the glory of the guild!" mentality. Fuck that, if they want to kick you because you afk on some trash every now and then, go find a better guild.

I love all the people in this thread that assume they know everything about OP. Believe it or not a LOT of people, especially women with children, pee a lot more frequently than once every 4 hours. You pee once a day? Good for you, you might be dehydrated but you do you, booboo.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well from what I've seen it's because I'm not in their "inner circle" of friends there's 20ish of the raid group, I'd say 13ish are either irl friends/played/known each other for years and then there's probably 4/5 of us which are outsiders and I've picked up that the "outsiders" get picked up on more little bitty bits more than the "friends" circle (there's been nights where dps are below tanks on multiple raids and nothing is said or done but because they are friends of all the gms/officers it's alright
    So you are in a guild, that is biased towards people, who are not part of a solid core. Why would you stay in such a guild?

In other words: If it is true, what you say, there still must be something that compensates you for that ill treatment. And the price for that compensation is to comply with their rules, i.e. give your all on trash. If you you are either not willing to do that or the guild doesn´t offer enough compensation, why do you mounr the fact, that they might do you a favor and kick you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Yep, you're being a jerk. If everyone contributes, it goes smoother and quicker. Stop being lazy, press your buttons. People in your life can wait for 3 fucking hours, or reply to them on a break. You're essentially at work, and if your boss caught you slackin' off you'd probably be fired.

Smarten the fuck up.
    Except even at work, 4 hours=One 15 minute break. Even my guild gives an 8 minute break for 3 hours of raiding. It's just silly to expect someone to sit in one spot for 4 hours, and not have to go to the bathroom or get a drink. There's no reason you should have to hold your bladder for that long.

The fact that you're comparing raiding to a job is kinda depressing though honestly. It's meant to be fun.

Ask yourself this - If EVERYONE in the raid did the same as you, how many bosses do you think you'd down? Exactly, zero.
    When you stop doing trash, other people have to pick up your slack. It's very disrespectful.
    It's ok from time to time, because of toilets etc. But if you do it almost every pull, I'd probably also tell you to shape up or warrant the boot!

Right as a lot of people seem to be jumping on their high and mighty horses here when I'm pretty sure 99% of people here have at some point gone afk during trash for whatever reason and not actually taking the time to read my explanations I'm going to request this to be locked/deleted. All I wanted was a civil collected discussion on wether their justifications were valid for a casual/social guild

To totally expect to be dragged though trash by others is pretty shit man. Granted I and most everyone from time to time need to answer a phone, grab a drink, or take a piss and trash is the time to do it. But something tells me if they are confronting you about this then you are doing it practically all the time. Enough to piss them and others off. If you like the guild than help it out during the raid. Not just the bosses. If you don't like the guild continue as you are and get kicked or bounce out. It is their guild and they make these calls. At the same time it's your play time and you can decide to accept it or not.

Make a choice and deal with it. Really it isn't that hard.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2017-01-27 at 12:26 AM.

As other people said, when raid clear trash you help as well, if you need to afk you do that on breaks. NO ONE LIKES TO CLEAR TRASH, just like in real life, but it have to be done ... Also on normal and heroic trash should scale just like bosses, so while afking, instead of helping, you make it harder for them ...

Right as a lot of people seem to be jumping on their high and mighty horses here when I'm pretty sure 99% of people here have at some point gone afk during trash for whatever reason and not actually taking the time to read my explanations I'm going to request this to be locked/deleted. All I wanted was a civil collected discussion on wether their justifications were valid for a casual/social guild
    lol getting offended that people called dick move a dick move ... xD
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-01-27 at 12:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Depends how often you do it really. I doubt they'd even have noticed it if it was just an occasional thing. Afking trash regularly is just kind of selfish to everyone else if it's something you do a lot of the time.

What is this LFR?