Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I 100% agree, I raided for 8 years (2005-2013), and raid time always been raid time, granted we had 1-2 general breaks usually after a boss kill, or near a teleporter checkpoint (to save on the trash respawn timers).

Even people that were on standby usually parked their raid char outside, and went on some alt instead of commiting to other dungeons/battlegrounds on their main.
    and the thing is a "sorry guys kid is crying" dureing trash once in awhile is fine but when EVERY SINGLE TRASH PULL you decide "fuck it, this isnt worth my time, im gunna let them do it for me" then your a fucker

(allthough to be fair im abit lazy on trash, but idont afk every trash pull and make everyone else do it for me)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at it purely in these terms: If everybody else in your raid team felt OK doing what you do then your group wouldn't be able to get past trash.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so do that shit during break.... thats what break is for
    is you cant spend 3 hours with a 10 min break in the middle to raid then you shouldent join a raid group
    cause if everyone ditched during trash... .trash would never get done

- - - Updated - - -

what? whos rexerr?
    The OP. People actually did some digging and found out who it was. Then the officers came into the thread, one of them is the one you quoted I believe. It's fucking gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    You ignored everything I said.

It's more efficient to clear trash for 30 minutes with people taking breaks as they need them, instead of clearing trash for 5 minutes... stopping for 10... doing another 5 minutes... stopping for another 5... and then getting 5 more minutes in.

Of course, if your guildmembers are all saying "its trash, why should I care?" then that's your own fault for selecting that guild.

If everyone's cool with the status quo *except you*, then you're the one that needs correcting.
    No. It's not. You do your raid for 3 hours. You do your 5 to 10 minute break in the middle usually, and that is it. If you can't do that then you shouldn't be raiding. That is what all raid guilds expect. You don't get to afk whenever the fuck you want to because it's convenient for you. You have 10-20 other people in your group and every time you go afk without telling them to do some bullshit you slow down the raid for everyone else. You're being an inconsiderate ass.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-02-06 at 02:45 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    The OP. People actually did some digging and found out who it was. Then the officers came into the thread, one of them is the one you quoted I believe. It's fucking gold.

- - - Updated - - -

No. It's not. You do your raid for 3 hours. You do your 5 to 10 minute break in the middle usually, and that is it. If you can't do that then you shouldn't be raiding. That is what all raid guilds expect. You don't get to afk whenever the fuck you want to because it's convenient for you. You have 10-20 other people in your group and every time you go afk without telling them to do some bullshit you slow down the raid for everyone else. You're being an inconsiderate ass.
    OMFG WHAT! ok i need to read through this thread, thanks for the tips!

brb well i read through!
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-06 at 03:08 AM.

Kicking is a bit harsh, but I'd definitely be annoyed if someone on my raid team was never there for any trash at all. Like, if you miss ~20% tops no big deal. If you're missing all of it after every boss, then that's accrual really selfish of you
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    So the guild I'm currently (only been in it for 2/3 months)in the officers/gms are threatening to kick me from the guild because apparently I slack on trash, admitted I do use that time to reply to /w and texts on my phone/change music/bio break stuff like that but their argument is that if I can't perform on trash I don't deserve to be on the bosses/raid, on bosses I perform as to what is expected of me and in many cases I out perform the other same classes even though they have superior weapon levels etc than me, when I joined they advertised them selves as a social relaxed guild of a few fellow friends that have been playing together for years, progress is what you'd probably expect from an average guild, 2/3 mythic kills in EN and just venturing into Heroic NH. My question to all of this is do they have a fair point to gkick/bench me for not giving 110% performance on trash mobs or are they just being elitist while thinking they are casual?
    I'd have already gotten rid of you, but that's me. Point is, you need to be doing your job from the time the raid starts until its over. Trash is no exception. There are emergencies and things like that, but when it is consistent, its annoying and rude to the rest of your group.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sippycupz View Post
    I'm the GM and Recruitment officer of a very casual 6 hour guild. We are currently 7/7M 2/3M 9/10H. We take a couple 5-10 minute breaks each raid night because we are what we advertise as, very casual. All I ask of raiders is if you are gonna be gone for more than a minute or two, say something in officer chat or message me "gotta take a dump", "Pizza at the door", "bomb went off outside cafe, be back in 15". It isn't a big deal and enough people meter whore on trash that it has never been a big deal. Could we have gotten 10/10H last week instead of having to kill Gul'dan before we start mythic this week if we took things more seriously? Probably.

But this is a game. We treat it like a game, I allow my raiders to take nights off for whatever comes up. Got tickets to a concert? hell yeah, go do it. Found some DMT in your dresser and got too fucked up to raid? Bring it 200% tomorrow night. We have not had to call a raid night for attendance since our inception because our raiders want to be there.

The point I'm trying to make is find another guild. A casual guild will not control where you are doing trash, just don't waste their fucking time on a boss.
    oh god.... "very casual 6 hour guild 7/7M 2/3M 9/10H" when a very casual guild running 3 hours less then your guild had 3 more M kills/2 more mythic kills, and 3 more heroic kills.... ouch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by velren View Post
    Ok! Continued to browse the OPs older posts and found yet another link to logs (albeit from WoD). Using the information there I discovered our friend raided on a paladin, following this cookie trail intrigued me so I continued! He switched to a demon hunter before then switching to a warrior and joining his current guild. Using wowprogress i looked up that guild and confirmed their progression to match the ops original post as wel as the timeline for his joiNing (they also mention being a tightnit group who has played together for sometime, like he said). I then noticed the logs I found to be uploaded by the....dun dun dun....Same person, the OP.
    I'd like to thank the OP for giving me a fun way to waste some time lol. Feel free to look over his logs, filter to trash and you'll start to see the picture.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/22674

Oh, his character is Rexxr on thoselogs.
    lol so he did "meh" (middle of the line) all pulls except botanist and says "he carried"
    also all these raids say 3 hours... alot less then the so said 4 hours...
    ive also noticed alot of these raids have 10 minute breaks in them.... weird... allmost like the op wanted to shit on the guild and make themselves out to be better
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-06 at 03:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    You ignored everything I said.

It's more efficient to clear trash for 30 minutes with people taking breaks as they need them, instead of clearing trash for 5 minutes... stopping for 10... doing another 5 minutes... stopping for another 5... and then getting 5 more minutes in.
    No one does the latter. Read the OP. It's not about giving 110% on trash or even 100%. 80% is fine. None of that was OP's issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyskaar View Post
    For the record he was not kicked for not doing trash. He broke one of the guild's main rules: he was expected to promote the guild's good name which he failed by creating this thread and repeatedly lied about guild rules, raid atmosphere and raid schedule in the hope of receiving some compassion i guess.

He was removed mid raid for repeatedly ignoring the raid leader and officers when asked to clear trash and when asked what is his emergency. But, at no point was he threatened with a kick for that, he was just told after the raid to shape up as we'll be keeping an eye on his progress and it was made very clear he will still get picked for the next raids. In all honesty, if you check wowprogress, he never did M+ so he was depending on raids for gear and artifact power, hence if we cut him from raids he would fall behind the raiding core since he was online for raids only.
    omfg i love you~
    this is so much amazing....
    can you tell us more of the horrid op?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    I should elaborate on this, I don't go solid afk during all trash. Its literally 30 secs to go for a bio, to reply to a text (if I have one) I still do my job in trash, do the deeps, blow what cds I can etc
    People usually minimize what they do. You likely go afk a lot more than what you're saying. To where it's become an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seyskaar View Post
    For the record he was not kicked for not doing trash. He broke one of the guild's main rules: he was expected to promote the guild's good name which he failed by creating this thread and repeatedly lied about guild rules, raid atmosphere and raid schedule in the hope of receiving some compassion i guess.

He was removed mid raid for repeatedly ignoring the raid leader and officers when asked to clear trash and when asked what is his emergency. But, at no point was he threatened with a kick for that, he was just told after the raid to shape up as we'll be keeping an eye on his progress and it was made very clear he will still get picked for the next raids. In all honesty, if you check wowprogress, he never did M+ so he was depending on raids for gear and artifact power, hence if we cut him from raids he would fall behind the raiding core since he was online for raids only.
    BUSTED!!! HAHAHAHAHA
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    People usually minimize what they do. You likely go afk a lot more than what you're saying. To where it's become an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

BUSTED!!! HAHAHAHAHA

(i am very fucking high today, i have a horrid flu for the past week, and have had to take alot of meds to help with it, help me)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-06 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    isnt nighhold that piss easy raid that people can do with their eyes closed?
    Not at all lol. Have you even raided NH?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    -snippity snip-
    how many times does he say practice?

10+ Year Old Account
    this was a good thread.

For what its worth FelPlague, 25. counting two "Prac-" in there
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    I enjoyed this from the day it started.

WORTH.

Tahir guild, their rules. You're just a part of it, not the leader, you can leave and get to the new one.

Deleted
    slacking in a raid is similar to slacking on the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    The longer the guild spend clearing trash (because you're not doing anything) the less time they have to clear bosses.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    You chose to join a guild that raids for that period of time.

More to the point, you haven't been kicked yet, you have been warned of something that most raiders would consider pretty shitty. Now that you have been warned, either shape up or find a guild that allows this kind of slack (I don't know many guilds that would allow you to slack on trash while everyone else is clearing it). I'm surprised you even made a thread about this.