Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah I am going to have to say the same as others have said, and that is that two bad people doesn't exactly undermine the other millions. I mean, literally any cause that you can find, will have individuals like that.

However, I would say that such individuals in a cause like that shouldn't be completely accepted and to the extreme ousted.

Sharia law is so wonderful that she doesn't even live under it! And probaly doesn't even want to.

It seems bit farfetched. The first woman went to prison and perhaps turned her life around, while the second woman defending Sharia Law seemed to be worried about Islamophobia (and it seemed pretty clear that she condemned people who uses Sharia to oppress others).

Not that I'm defending them wholly as a person, but as a response to the original post in this thread and the accusations found there. I'm giving them the benefit of doubt, not absolution of any guilt.

Now, this argument all relies upon a couple of things:

1. People can turned their life around. And while they never may be forgiven they can spend the rest of their lives doing something good. And in regards to the Trump-comparison it doesn't seem like Trump has made any effort to improve himself and do better.
    2. Sharia Law is interpreted differently by different Muslims, some take it literal while some take it symbolically.
    3. People are not perfect logical agents, and are susceptible to the myriad of cognitive fallacies that we know of (e.g. generalizations, tribal behavior, etc).

Or, maybe it's all just "sheeple", "SJWs agendas" etc. But that is a lazy and boring cop-out.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sharia law is so wonderful that she doesn't even live under it! And probaly doesn't even want to.
    That's the thing, though. If a Muslim doesn't like the idea of being lumped in with the sort of people who will throw acid in the faces of women, and yet wants to retain some of the other practices and beliefs that come with that ideology, they're accused of being "Sharia activists." I know it's infuriating when they trot out the "Islamophobia" nonsense, but I think it's also pretty frustrating when people on the other side of the argument refuse to acknowledge that these moderate Muslims are acting this way (taking offense at every criticism of their religion) precisely because they don't agree with the horrendous bullshit people in majority-Muslim cultures get up to on a regular basis.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-01-27 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    How are people defending the murder?
    Maybe he's talking about Trump?

Torturer: Trump did say waterboarding was OK and it worked. CHECK

Hypocrite: See all actions performed in the last week that he chastised others for. CHECK

Murderer: Man did claim he could shoot someone and not lose supporters. STANDING BY

So perhaps he's talking about Trump Supporters literally defending those three things....because they have.

The feminist movement has quite a few cringeworthy characters who have been lionized and given a platform for some reason or another.

Like Angela Davis.

Giving these people a platform and holding them up as representatives of Feminism does infinite harm to the reputation of the movement and distracts from the message.

That doesn't change the fact that the entire platform of the GOP is misogynistic to its core, and that Donald Trump is a self confessed pussy-graber, among the million other issues he has.

Well, yeah, that's what the radical left is. This summary of Days of Rage goes over a decent history of what the radical left was up to in the '60s and '70s. What's bizarre isn't that radicals are nasty and violent (the radical rights is the same), but that some of the people involved in committing horrible atrocities are now respected professors, in managerial positions, and are otherwise welcomed back into the fold.

See also Lin-Manuel Miranda lionizing a FALN terrorist for another example of how leftists respond to violent radicalism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about the last part. There are plenty of female Islamists that are pretty pissed off about all the harlots strolling around uncovered. Throw in the practice of Taqiya and it's hard to know what Sarsour advocates around the matter.

She could always move to a place where they have sharia and see how much she likes the freedom.

Aren't we failing basic discussion when we attack the people behind the cause rather than the cause itself?

I feel sorry for the guy who was tortured to death, no one should experience that.

Other than that, I just... don't care. #notmypresident, because I'm not American. Didn't particiapte in any march either
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

It's about ethic in womens march....

Who cares? Those people are questionable amd shitty as fuck, but aside from that what's the point of this thread. The march in the USA was succesful given it's large numbers. This seems more like a butthurt thread.

If you want to know why the regressive left is killing the democratic party and failing across the west you need to look no farther then this. And you see the ones in here trying to write it off is why you idiots are failing everywhere these days and how you morons got Trump elected.

I would hope that one day us actual progressives will wake up and get rid of the regressive disease that is happening but don't count on it looking at the responses here. I mean come on if someone on the right had the history of this lady can you imagine the responses it would get from the same folks.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-01-27 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Aren't we failing basic discussion when we attack the people behind the cause rather than the cause itself?
    I don't think so, no. I think it's important to understand who the leaders of a movement are because their motives may not be entirely consistent with what they're publicly representing. For example, if Richard Spencer organized a march for paternity rights, I'd immediately squint and go, "how is he going to use this for white supremacy?". Likewise, when radical Marxists with a history of violence to achieve goals organize a "women's march", I become suspicious that they're not entirely on the up and up when it comes to just wanting to unite women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    If you want to know why the regressive left is killing the democratic party and failing across the west you need to look no farther then this. And you see the ones in here trying to write it off is why you idiots are failing everywhere these days and how you morons got Trump elected.

I would hope that one day us actual progressives will wake up and get rid of the regressive disease that is happening but don't count on it looking at the responses here. I mean come on if someone on the right had the history of this lady can you imagine the responses it would get from the same folks.
    Oh look, its this shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So now it aren't just people surrounding the movement, it are the leaders?

Can you point out who the leaders are in these protests where 4.5 million people worldwide protested?
    Yes, these people are among the leaders. Don't be coy! But I know you will be...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Oh look, its this shit again.
    People like you and many others in this forum are really no different then those who voted for Trump. You're just on the other end of the political stupidity scale and too dumb to realize it.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-01-27 at 05:07 PM.

What, what a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yes, these people are among the leaders. Don't be coy! But I know you will be...
    Sarsour was among the leaders. Hylton was just a speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    This seems like a pointless thread trying to slander individuals of a much larger movement or protest.

Are you a Russian, OP?

Yes, those people mentioned are questionable, but one of them has paid for her crimes. People can change, I'd hope. That's normally what prison is made for. The muslim cunt can piss back off to wherever she came from, although I'm not reading too much into her words, Shariah Law might very well be misunderstood from a western perspective, I don't know it well enough to judge it.
    Dude, you dont get to torture and murder someone for ransom and get to claim the moral ground on any issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf I hate women now

/s

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Dude, you dont get to torture and murder someone for ransom and get to claim the moral ground on any issue.
    The point of prison is to pay for your crimes and come back as a useful member of society not to pay for your crime the rest of your life. That said picking 2 people in a march that involved millions to invalidate the message reeks of desperation.