Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, you still need to complain though when you have 4+? I mean...all of mine dropped in the loot specc (so I guess that is the system? Other than hidden artifact appearances, where my Frost appearance dropped when I was in blood and had UH Loot specc)

For how many people is it really a problem when they have 4? And why?

NVM...people will make it a problem.

I am looking forward to when a guy has all legendaries of his class and then complains he has nothing to look out for or how the ones that are shit sell for too little gold.
    I have 4 and it's a problem for me because the DPS gain they provide is due to the amount of stats they have on them compared to a normal epic.
    If I had a better ones, I could probably pull off 5-10% more (depending on the boss). On top of that, they limit my itemselection for the Set Bonus. Can't use Set-Legs, because I've got the legenday there (for example).

But it's not only that, the legendary system won't allow you to switch speccs if you have the wrong/right ones.
    On top of that, If it takes me 5 legendaries to get the best for, let's say MM-Hunter, chances are that you will never switch to BM-Hunter, because BM hunter DPS is largely affected by legendaries. So not only does Artifact power hold you back until you have 54ish traits into both of them, but also legendaries.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-28 at 10:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angryman View Post
    Hi all,

I do not where to start but recently I am more and more frustrated from legendary system. At first I was very excited about legendary system and I was really looking forward and I really did not understand the negative feedback about legendary system from others players. I was not angry when some people got 4 legendaries at start of Legion because of bug I was not angry that a lot of guildies got their BiS legendary while I got neck and chest. Because Blizzard stated before start of expension than in 3 months after launch all players who are playing often will have their BiS legendary.

So I was waiting and waiting. At the moment I got 4 legendaries of 10 and all 4 legendary are utility one after 4 months. It means that I got one legendary per month (on average 4 hours per day). So In the worst scenario I can get my BiS legendary during summer (9 months after launch).

There comes the frustration. The legendary system destroyed the competition and fun I had during the raids in the past . Really I loved the competition and thinking How to improve my skill to be better and to have better logs and parses and now without legendaries it is impossible. Our guild is semi-hardcore guild we have cuting edge achievment and I really like the theme and the direction of the game but legendary system destroyed the competition and fun within the guild.

My fellow mages got their BiS legendary and they are having fun but for ppl without BiS legendary it is really impossible to compete and obviously it is not fun and this people are getting more and more frustrated. For example when the mage get the dragon breathe helm in NH it is just brutal increase of dps because almost every boss has adds. Belt and bracers are awesome for ST and they increase your dmg together by 20 % and so on. Each pull I am exhausted I am thinking ahead when use trinkets, swap talents for each boss, watching timers, planning ahead and so on and at the end with the same item level I am behind even if I play better than them because I have only utility one legendary. During Emerald nightmare it was not so big problem because there were more ppl without BiS these days but now more ppl got their BiS one while we unlucky people are getting more and more behind in parses, logs and so on. Some ppl even can swap their BiS legendary for each boss. Boss has adds Ok I equip dragon helm and trinket ok there is not adds only ST ok I will equip belt and bracer. For unlucky people as me this is not fun and I really do not know how to survive and what to do till I got my dps legendary too.

I am interested how many people have the same frustration as I do and what are their thoughts about this and maybe some recommendations. I know that people with good legendary items will not agree with me and I understand that they have zero frustration but I think that generally it is bad design.

I really like the game.

Thank you for your opinions.

Have a nice day.

S.
    Well firstly, don't listen to people who are Innevitably going to post things like "It's just RNG, deal with It" as I'm sure people already posted, not even going to look I know they will - RNG Is acceptable If not directly messing with your competativeness In PvE or PvP and In Legion RNG Is heavily messing with both and that's bad. Acceptable RNG Is you go to a dungeon for a specific gear drop, It doesn't drop... you do It again a couple of times, oh well.

That Is acceptable. What Isn't acceptable Is that you need to relly on RNG to get legendaries to even be competative, or relly on RNG to get world quests that give you Artifact Power rewards so that you happen to be more powerful and more ahead In traits and therefore damage/healing than your other friends or nemesis' In PvP.

It's as simple as that ^

I don't know WHY Blizz thinks this amount of RNG Is good, but It's horrific. Hell even other MMOs seem to be adopting this, namely SW:TOR. They've adopted WoW's idea of Loot Crates to get PvP Gear from, Instead of a guaranteed way to get the gear within a few months - now they can take upwards of half a year, or more. As there's no sepration of PvP and PvE gear anymore, you could just spam Operations (Raids) and get your best gear In months time, and -then- start PvPing, which not only puts you low on the skill level of a PvPer If you haven't PvPed much before but It puts you high on the pillar of overpowered and overly strong chars.

Not to mention they've removed a TON of utility In the swtor expansion a few months ago which just ruins the PvP experience completely. It seems SWTOR copies WoW at every step, despite It being a very, very bad decision to do so.

But off topic that. Legendaries In Legion Is a BAD IDEA... we have Artifacts, Isn't that bloody enough? We, don't, need, legendaries, every, single, expansion... quit It. Frankly I'm happy people are realizing how bad the game actually Is after 5 months of playing It... should've realized It within 2-3 months, but better late then never. Not the hardcore fanboys, they'll never realize anything's wrong they're doomed.

I hope WoWs subs will fall so low, Blizzard will actually start listening to people In a proper way. And giving us Illidan, a minor appearance of Azshara, a Vrykul zone and an area that has to do with the Nightmare Isn't going to work, pander all you like to your fanbase and make your expansions only around the idea that you're pandering to what fans wanted rather then making a good story of your own with your own original ideas, but It won't help raise confidence In your game If you just make these silly stories, zones and lore changes just because "Nostalgia, fans wanted this for years and years! bla bla bla"...quit It, be original. And that's not even going Into the whole 7.2's patch Introducing the first tier that basically COPIES the Black Temple/Sunwell Tier 6. With flashier HD textures, quit... It. Be original Blizz stop hogging on past glories.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-01-28 at 11:25 AM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I couldn't care less about legendaries, why? Because people with brain (guild recruiters etc.) don't have problem with it,so you shouldn't too.

TLDR

It is difficult to take you serious witch such well written thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    TLDR

It is difficult to take you serious witch such well written thread title.
    And that sentence made me cringe. ...you tried to say something?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It dawned on me today that I rarely see tanks/healers bitch about legendaries - it's always the DPS.

People forget or choose to ignore that MMORPGs are about working together for a common goal. It's not a pissing match.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by PPHH View Post
    But he is right? Legendaries are gimmicks, some are better than others, just like other gear. If your gamingexperience is ruined by said items then your world must be sad. You can also just not equippe the legendary items you have, if it bothers you. Just enjoy the game and stop acting like a spoiled 8 year old who didn't get the latest Apple product for Christmas.
    I've got several legendaries, including all the bis ones (without playing much, meaning I've been incredibly lucky) and I still think the system is stupid. I also think those who say that people should not care about numbers are generally bad players.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-01-28 at 01:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    It dawned on me today that I rarely see tanks/healers bitch about legendaries - it's always the DPS.

People forget or choose to ignore that MMORPGs are about working together for a common goal. It's not a pissing match.
    this is exactly it, sure the tanks and healers want the bis legendaries but so long as your not wiping because of tank or healer fails its hard to really care, if the boss is dying, then it really doesn't matter how well it was tanked or how much over healing you did.

it really is a co-operative effort and that means that, those without the bis legendary can perform worst than those in the raid that got their bis, because eventually you will either get the legend that lets you perform in the top 5 or you'll get the ilvl from epic gear to boost your average. if the boss is dying it really doesn't matter too much if it dies 30sec to 1 min faster its nice but not a huge deal. what matters more is not failing at the mechanics. very few if any bosses in nighthold heroic are dps checks in mythic perhaps the dps checks are more stringent but should still be doable without everyone having their bis legendary.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-01-28 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Well, if it helps, I have 2 legendarys, one for mage's and one for fire and im playing arcane. I have played since launch 3-10h per day except for january until now when Nighthold came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    this is exactly it, sure the tanks and healers want the bis legendaries but so long as your not wiping because of tank or healer fails its hard to really care, if the boss is dying, then it really doesn't matter how well it was tanked or how much over healing you did.

it really is a co-operative effort and that means that, those without the bis legendary can perform worst than those in the raid that got their bis, because eventually you will either get the legend that lets you perform in the top 5 or you'll get the ilvl from epic gear to boost your average. if the boss is dying it really doesn't matter too much if it dies 30sec to 1 min faster its nice but not a huge deal. what matters more is not failing at the mechanics. very few if any bosses in nighthold heroic are dps checks in mythic perhaps the dps checks are more stringent but should still be doable without everyone having their bis legendary.
    Why do you think all the top guilds gear DPS before tanks/healers? Because DPS is the most important regardless if a boss is a DPS check or not. Also lagging behind in DPS is extremely obvious since just about everyone uses details/recount/skada etc.

Being in a guild may be a cooperative effort but people like to be competitive with others and try top the meters. Also who likes to feel like they're getting carried when they're bottom in DPS by quite a bit?

I intended to reroll my main after putting all that effort into it after looting 4 bad legendary items. I had my second BiS drop in normal NH, I was 10th in DPS on the kill, the next boss 5 minutes later I was first just for looting one item.

Sure this system hurt just a small population of the game, semi/hardcore raiders but if you're not doing it you have no right to brush aside the effect this is having on people at that level.

I have every right, everyone is competitive, what ppl fail to realise is that this expansion is probably going to last this entire year, you have so many fucking opportunities to get the legendary you want, everyone who rerolls because they got 4 crap legendaries is a moron who wants everything now.

again if the boss is dying, who cares? there will always be enough ppl doing above average dps that having some ppl without their bis makes very little difference. the most important factor this tier should be trying to get your 4 piece set bonus, that should give you a dps increase. there is no way you need everyone pushing 600k dps all the freaking time to kill every boss.

if you can kill bosses, you can get upgrades which means your progressing anyway, if you always 6th on the dps meter it really doesn't matter. that can always change in later tiers.

if we go back to the old days there was only 1 dude with a legendary and no one could catch up to their numbers, at least today the gap between those with bis legendaries and those with non-bis legendaries isn't as big while the ability to catch up does exist if you don't cave and reroll.

I would like the cape that resses me when i die, a free battle res on a cloak thats overpowered, i often die to random things, but if i don't see it until the last tier it doesn't bother me. if i don't see it drop at all it doesn't bother me. thats just part of the game, there are plenty of items i wanted to get in the past but didn't get to for one reason or another either not enough progress or it didn't drop.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-01-28 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I have every right, everyone is competitive, what ppl fail to realise is that this expansion is probably going to last this entire year, you have so many fucking opportunities to get the legendary you want, everyone who rerolls because they got 4 crap legendaries is a moron who wants everything now.
    So five months of not being competitive due to poor legendary drops in ok because "You will get one eventually?" Baffling logic.

again if the boss is dying, who cares? there will always be enough ppl doing above average dps that having some ppl without their bis makes very little difference. the most important factor this tier should be trying to get your 4 piece set bonus, that should give you a dps increase. there is no way you need everyone pushing 600k dps all the freaking time to kill every boss.
    Not being paying attention to the current mythic raid? Good luck doing mythic augur if half your DPS don't have BiS legendary items.

if we go back to the old days there was only 1 dude with a legendary and no one could catch up to their numbers, at least today the gap between those with bis legendaries and those with non-bis legendaries isn't as big while the ability to catch up does exist if you don't cave and reroll.
    This just legit proves you're talking out your ass.

I would like the cape that resses me when i die, a free battle res on a cloak thats overpowered, i often die to random things, but if i don't see it until the last tier it doesn't bother me. if i don't see it drop at all it doesn't bother me. thats just part of the game, there are plenty of items i wanted to get in the past but didn't get to for one reason or another either not enough progress or it didn't drop.
    Personal feeling =/= how it actually works. Legendary items are too big of a benefit to be completely random and RNG. The perfect example of blizzard's flawed logic was the nerf of CoF for ret paladins, it was basically insanely strong on the same tier of a legendary and it was nerfed into the ground for being too much of a DPS increase yet legendary items are still the same even with the minor nerfs they got in 7.1.5

ppl with legendaries were more powerful than those without in the past, perhaps not on every parse, at least the legendaries aren't limited to 1/2 ppl per guild. i've definitely helped a whole bunch of ppl get legendaries in past expansions.

for the top end, sure it probably sucks if half your mythic raid team have to reroll character to try to get the best dps increasing legendary, thank god i don't care about the game enough to go through that nonsense.

if you go 5 months of killing bosses and getting upgrades you should eventually be competitive with the other ppl in your raid team that also don't have their bis legendary. your competitive bracket is going to be limited to the ppl who have similar outputs to you, the game wouldn't exactly be very exciting if everyone got their bis legendary first time. half the excitement ppl craved was items taking a long time to get, well, here it is, enjoy.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-01-28 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post

Thats not how it works. As a healer, it's enough to keep people alive. There is no point in doing better than that. You always need more DPS however.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Thats not how it works. As a healer, it's enough to keep people alive. There is no point in doing better than that. You always need more DPS however.
    You only need enough dps to kill the boss. Anything more is just icing on the cake. It is a common goal, if you don't choose to view it that way, that's your choice but it doesn't change anything.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

just 2 things:

1) there are already a more than fair amount of such threads (i agree with most of em). post there.

2) the words the op is searching for are called "truth" and "the".

I can't really take anyone seriously who gets frustrated over nonsense like that so much that they can't enjoy the game any more. It's beyond ridiculous to me, it strikes me as irrational, crazy. But that's what players who like to call themselves "competitive" are, a lot of times.

I don't understand how people can defend this shit system. It's awful
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and you are the only one in your guild? By the amount of threads here, I would expect NOBODY has a BiS legendary and when they have it it conflicts with an item that makes up the 4 set bonus (except casuals that only log in once week and had a BiS in their first emissary cache)

So what can be done? Possible slots that affect the set are head, shoulders, hands, chest, legs and boots, right? Lets get rid of all those legendaries? Just have rings, trinkets, necks, belts and bracers?

Maybe that is what Blizzard is working on for 7.2. Bet that will make everyone happy.

Uhm...What makes you think so? It doesn't even matter if I'm the only one, or the unlucky 33%. It's simply annoying to get bad ones, because it will take you further away from the good ones, as it gets less and less likely to get another legendary in the first place. Even if you don't take into consideration that you also would love to wear some good ones for the 2nd or 3rd spec.

So.. do you honestly don't know how to fix it?

Remove the RNG, that's it.
    Make it grindable, just like the upgrade token for the legendaries themselves. The 2 Legendary Limit will prevent people from equipping 6.

Done.
    Not only will everyone get the same if they want to do so, but you'll also be able to farm Legendaries for your other specs.
    You have something to work for, you get progression, you can deal with legendary imbalance and aren't utterly mad/sad if they nerf them etc. etc. etc.
    Not only is this the way they did it for the last ~10++ years (valor, badges, rep etc.), but it also worked amazingly well for stuff like this.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-28 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryman View Post
    There comes the frustration. The legendary system destroyed the competition and fun I had during the raids in the past . Really I loved the competition and thinking How to improve my skill to be better and to have better logs and parses and now without legendaries it is impossible. Our guild is semi-hardcore guild we have cuting edge achievment and I really like the theme and the direction of the game but legendary system destroyed the competition and fun within the guild.
    So what OP is saying that the only thing that is fun is competing against guildies on dps meters.
    This is not what is more often discussed as "competetive raiding" btw.
    I was enjoying the same kind of "competition" back in 40man raiding, where there was amounts of same class present, and the "skill" mattered more than gear often.
    Really competing against 1 or 2 will always be biased, especially with such strong items for a single slot that now exists.

My best advice is to try question yourself why you raid, I dont believe it is just to beat 1 or 2 mages on dps meters.
    Try uninstall recount/skada, ignore logs, try play with talents and what fun the game brings -not some silly numbers on an addon.