Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Russia parliament votes 380-3 to decriminalize domestic violence

Russian-parliament-decriminalizes-domestic-violence

"Russia's parliament voted 380-3 on Friday to decriminalize domestic violence in cases where it does not cause "substantial bodily harm" and does not occur more than once a year."

I wonder why they did this?

I hope they won't be surprised when there's an uptick of women stabbing their husbands in the face repeatedly.

They just want to put the bitches back in to their place. And before that offends anyone, no I am not serious with that comment.

What the fuck is going on in Russia? It's like they want the whole world to know that they are assholes just for the sake of being an asshole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    What the fuck is going on in Russia? It's like they want the whole world to know that they are assholes just for the sake of being an asshole.
    They got a tyrant as ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    "Russia's parliament voted 380-3 on Friday to decriminalize domestic violence in cases where it does not cause "substantial bodily harm" and does not occur more than once a year."
    So once a year you can go off on your sweety? lol

I think making it illegal is best, there's always going to be that one guy who doesn't hit his wife because he's afraid he'll go to jail. That makes it worth it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you look at Russian parliamentary votes they are always like this, just a rubber stamp on whatever the Kremlin wants. There are always a small handful like 2 or 3 opposition votes, with the other 99% in favor. So it's hardly a real parliament. It seems more like putting a couple of opposition people in to give the impression of democracy or fairness.

So if you go look in the Shia LeDouche thread you'll notice some people saying "he just pushed him a little that should not be assault".

Well, the Russians are basically saying the same thing.

In the USA for example if you throw a pillow at your spouse in anger, yes, that could land you a domestic abuse charge if you could somehow prove it since it didn't leave a mark (like video recorded).

I sort of get the logic they are after, but Ill reserve judgement.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-27 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    They got a tyrant as ruler.
    You mean the greatest ruler on the face of the earth, Donald Trump says so then it must be true /s.

Truly an alternative to globalization.

"substantial bodily harm"

Is a bruise "substantial harm?" I think so.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You mean the greatest ruler on the face of the earth, Donald Trump says so then it must be true /s.
    I talked about Mr. Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    In the USA for example if you throw a pillow at your spouse in anger, yes, that could land you a domestic abuse charge if you could somehow prove it since it didn't leave a mark (like video recorded).
    Really? Interesting. Wonder why he didn't press charges on me then. Guess he does love me, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    So if you go look in the Shia LeDouche thread you'll notice some people saying "he just pushed him a little that should not be assault".

Well, the Russians are basically saying the same thing.
    Punching a Nazi who advocates for genocide and punching your spouse are hardly the same.

More Russian brides for everyone else I guess.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    In the USA many suggest it should be legaly oké to torture people who can't defend themselves anymore.

Both the US and Russia are crossing borders that should't be crossed. And they praise eachother for doing that. Morally there is no difference between the two.

Russian-parliament-decriminalizes-domestic-violence

I wonder why they did this?
    So they can start beating their wife/children again. Isn't it obvious?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I hope the right-wing conservatives who have recently taken up defending Russia read this thread. Russia is not our bff and their values are not our values.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Punching a Nazi who advocates for genocide and punching your spouse are hardly the same.
    In the eyes of the law they are not. Your emotional attachment to this argument is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I hope the right-wing conservatives who have recently taken up defending Russia read this thread. Russia is not our bff and their values are not our values.
    Russia is a state of right wing conservatives, I still wonder why the left spend the last 20 years pretending they are so awesome...

Really? Interesting. Wonder why he didn't press charges on me then. Guess he does love me, yay!
    As silly as the example is, striking your spouse with anything intentionally could be considered domestic abuse.

Say for example in a fit of anger you throw a banana and for whatever reason it hits your spouse in the leg, if they were so inclined (however unlikely) they could call the police. In some states if there any signs or marks, someone is going to jail regardless if either spouse even wants to press charges.

Not that my statements are in any way trying to defend spousal abuse, I'm just trying to consider why they would implment such policy outside of just saying, "Well clearly they just want a reason to beat up their spouse".
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-27 at 07:15 PM.