Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    More self-sorting... good for people that are wanting a bit more Anarchy injected into our system...
    Well like I edited in, that Twitter feed has been basically spot on for everything else so far regarding timelines. So given a shred of established credibility, it was mentioned that Bannon is basically pushing to create as much chaos as he can. He wants more protests and even wants the government to egg them on so Trump can start showing force.

Bannon has even admitted in the past that he wants to destroy the establishment so he can rebuild it and can push his holy war. He's also claimed Trump would be the perfect vessel for that.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    And executive orders issues with the Muslim ban were overruled by the federal courts and it's still going on. The entire concept of deploying any sort of anti LGBT order period would be an act of seeing how far they could reach. He would just tell the DoJ to not prosecute businesses, which would fall under his power, albeit a stretch.
    And even if knocked down by the courts, he would get points for trying. And it would double down on the B.S. republican argument about "Activist Judges".

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few on the right with a sense of Anglo-Saxon fair play in me. And I don't even have a drop of Anglo-Saxon blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The interesting thing, is that this flows both ways... if businesses discriminate against gay people, gay people and their allies can discriminate against businesses.
    Homosexuals could do that before. They can do that now. The difference was, in many cases, it was illegal for businesses to do such. For example, the CO bakers were using public money (basically) and were prohibited from discriminating against clients based on their religion for that reason. This -- and we don't know if this is it yet, or if it's legal -- would be license for any such business to, say, stop serving unmarried parents, while still having the full backing of the federal government.

States could pick up the slack, but let's face it: can you imagine the fallout when each state is asked, one at a time, if it's okay to ban Muslims? Homosexuals? Adulterers? People who wear gold or eat bacon?

Unfortunately...I read the First Amendment. It says "Congress". The executive branch is not specified directly. This could get ugly. Uglier, really.

Right, but I think he miscalculates what that will actually do. In the long term, this will just damage the Republican brand, and delegitimize Trump even more... which means even more protesters, more destruction, and eventually speeds up things like system collapse due to disorder.
    But that's the entire point. The Republican Party and Donald Trump are just acting as vessels for the interests of others. This is nothing more than a Russian backed coup that Bannon is helping orchestrate for his own reasons.

Bannon literally wants this and he's admitted to such even before Trump was elected.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Right, but I think he miscalculates what that will actually do. In the long term, this will just damage the Republican brand, and delegitimize Trump even more... which means even more protesters, more destruction, and eventually speeds up things like system collapse due to disorder.
    Rogue POTUS staff also says that Bannon wants GOP to get behind CalExit and frame it as a states rights issue.

The guy is evidently, enough of a lunatic to lose the Country's richest state (as a matter of principle, in reality it is, of course, illegal and won't happen) just to get a redder electoral map.

This pretty much confirms what I've thought for a while. A lot of these Alt-Reich crazies wouldn't mind if the United States of America was a smoldering junkyard, so long as they were the kings of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    But that's the entire point. The Republican Party and Donald Trump are just acting as vessels for the interests of others. This is nothing more than a Russian backed coup that Bannon is helping orchestrate for his own reasons.

Bannon literally wants this and he's admitted to such even before Trump was elected.
    Exactly, and the republican party and Trump enthusiastically support it because their ideology is basically the same as Bannon's, Breitbart's, and Nordquist's; nullify/manipulate federal authority to achieve their white supremacist ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Rogue POTUS staff also says that Bannon wants GOP to get behind CalExit and frame it as a states rights issue.

The guy is evidently, enough of a lunatic to lose the Country's richest state (as a matter of principle, in reality it is, of course, illegal and won't happen) just to get a redder electoral map.

This pretty much confirms what I've thought for a while. A lot of these Alt-Reich crazies wouldn't mind if the United States of America was a smoldering junkyard, so long as they were the kings of it.
    Exactly. Bannon has been admitting to wanting this for fucking years but he was never in a position of power. Trump has given him that position. He wants the US to turn into a smoldering heap that he and Christian dominionists can rule over and use in his holy war against Muslims, Jews, and Atheists.

- - - Updated - - -

In the long run this will just set back the right. Russia will gain momentary power, until we have a new president that is sane, and goes a giant mea culpa tour across the world. Russia does not have much friends, the US will just have to regain that "beacon of light" lost with Trump in power.
    It's not about aiding the left or the right. Neither Trump, Bannon, or most of his advisers really identify with any party or ever really have. It's literally a cabinet and adviser group of Washington outsiders or political lepers that have managed to get back into power.

They don't give a fuck about helping the right stay in power. They want to burn the bitch to the group so they can rule it.

It depends on how you view this. I am gay/bi; short term it will harm me. Long term, if this speeds up self-sorting, this will just speed up the eventual split of the country. So things like CalExit/Texit, will not sees as nuts.
    States leaving the Union is unconstitutional. Texas v White settled that without question.

Yes, I know. CalExit is something both Brennan and Peter Thiel support. Because they know that will also give the GOP the electoral firewall they need to win.
    There's different reasons on that "side." Some support it to give the GOP that firewall. Others like Bannon support it because the red states would literally fall to chaos without California footing the bill for much of the country's welfare.

In the long run this will just set back the right. Russia will gain momentary power, until we have a new president that is sane, and goes a giant mea culpa tour across the world. Russia does not have much friends, the US will just have to regain that "beacon of light" lost with Trump in power.
    That's pretty much how this goes down.

You forget the part where there is the biggest party every in Times Square and simultaneous interviews of dejected ex-Trump voters about how the factory never reopened.

If cali leaves, you can kiss goodbye any chance of there being another democrat president most likely.

Yes, I know. CalExit is something both Brennan and Peter Thiel support. Because they know that will also give the GOP the electoral firewall they need to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Change amend the constitution, or find a different way of doing it legally. With Trump in power, and Bannon pushing him, that just might happen.
    Changing the Constitution is extremely difficult and Republicans aren't close to having that sort of power.

Furhtermore all the States Bannon would like to see gone have another name: the Money.

Well, I know that is what they want. I just do not think that will happen. They will do their best... but the National Guard can also always tell Trump to go suck an egg...
    I'm not saying it will. I'm saying that it's really concerning that certain parties are being given the chance to try and will create a ton of damage before being stopped.

It explains a lot actually. The leader of the Yes California campaign lives in Moscow and set up an embassy there.

California National Party is opposed to Yes California for this reason.

So seems Yes California is Bannon's doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Correct me if I missed something, but, isn't it just possible that, if California makes a serious play at leaving, that a ton of other states could mutually leave as well? Couldn't it just possibly leave what's left of the US with nothing but red states, many (not all) giving fewer in federal taxes than they get in benefits? Also, losing a lot of nuclear weapons, Dover Air Force Base, a lot of ports, etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It explains a lot actually. The leader of the Yes California campaign lives in Moscow and set up an embassy there.

California National Party is opposed to Yes California for this reason.

So seems Yes California is Bannon's doing.
    Can we just fucking kill Vlamdir Putin already, jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Correct me if I missed something, but, isn't it just possible that, if California makes a serious play at leaving, that a ton of other states could mutually leave as well? Couldn't it just possibly leave what's left of the US with nothing but red states, many (not all) giving fewer in federal taxes than they get in benefits? Also, losing a lot of nuclear weapons, Dover Air Force Base, a lot of ports, etc etc?
    If California opened the way and the means of escape then yes, other states like New York would make a play at it. It could cost the US their entire pacific coast. It would be a disaster.

California is one of the only in a position to be totally self sustainable and even just losing them would cause significant damage to red states (which is what people like Bannon want.)

If allowed to happen, you MIGHT see New York make a play at it and the west coast would likely try to join Cali.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree. I think the potential for damage, both property and people, is large, Trump does not get it. But this will fail there are enough sane Republicans/Liberals that they will stand for what is right, versus what Trump wants.

Russia is hoping for a USSR style collapse of the country. The issue is that Russian ideals (in government and its people) do not have an analog in the US. Russia has been and is very corrupt, the US has relatively little corruption.
    Moderate republicans have left the party due to the wide open acceptance of white supremacist language emanating from the party since the CRA.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Pretty much. It's one of those things stupid people for this thing generally don't think out. Losing California, and any blue states, would mean a massive loss of US military power and the income to finance the US as they know it.

Red-State America would get turned into Belarus, pretty much.

I mean even historically it is *beyond* moronic. California was settled and built up many decades before the middle of the country because of the economic and military opportunities that having a developed West Coast provided the United States. Those realities haven't changed, especially since Oregon and Washington State would likely follow California right out the door.

Basically, Donald Trump shouldn't be taking geopolitical advice from a guy who looks like he should be running a comic book store in Cleveland.