Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Skorpyron Trinket is Incredible for Ret

Just coming in to say that the trinket off Skorpyron is really damn good. I picked up the mythic version tonight, and on heroic Guldan its proc did as much damage as Brittle (the on use from my 860 FCM). Combine that with 2063 strength on it vs half that amount of crit, and I'd say it's a damn good trinket, and the damage is not split between targets.

Given every fight in NH seems to be cleavish, I'd go as far as to say that "generally" this trinket should be considered BiS. Obviously a Convergence on a fight where it results in a perfect Crusade cooldown reduction would be better, but for the vast majority of fights, I'd say this trinket is absolutely irreplaceable.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    Just coming in to say that the trinket off Skorpyron is really damn good. I picked up the mythic version tonight, and on heroic Guldan its proc did as much damage as Brittle (the on use from my 860 FCM). Combine that with 2063 strength on it vs half that amount of crit, and I'd say it's a damn good trinket, and the damage is not split between targets.

Given every fight in NH seems to be cleavish, I'd go as far as to say that "generally" this trinket should be considered BiS. Obviously a Convergence on a fight where it results in a perfect Crusade cooldown reduction would be better, but for the vast majority of fights, I'd say this trinket is absolutely irreplaceable.
    You provide zero numbers in your post..

Quote Originally Posted by Kayzza View Post
    You provide zero numbers in your post..
    I said it did the same amount of damage as the on use from my FCM on H Gul'dan. The whole reason one uses FCM is for the on use. 2063 str >> 1016 crit.

Was one of the worst parses for me on the night, and I only have 37 points in my artifact, but this should at least demonstrate the trinket being good: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=7

Deleted
    My 880 version of it did beat alot of my other trinkets on sims, and I am using it now... looks really good tbh. Fury warrior here, without Elisande and Gul'dan trinkets yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nforsblom View Post
    My 880 version of it did beat alot of my other trinkets on sims, and I am using it now... looks really good tbh. Fury warrior here, without Elisande and Gul'dan trinkets yet.
    And keep in mind that unlike the Krosus trinket, the damage isn't reduced on cleave, so on fights with adds (almost all of them) the proc gets even stronger. Simcraft has it close to #1 on ST.

well if you look at "Sticky: [7.0 Retribution Paladin] Guide and Discussion", it is already simmed extremely high with legendary.

looks good. hopefully i will get one next week. plan to use it together with CoF.

Deleted
    It is a really good trinket, especially with CoF, when you stop using FCM.
    Sadly it still does less dmg than Arans did before the fix,and while it was certainly overpowered it was alot of fun <3

The trinket was bugged on simcraft last week, and ignored armor, showing the wrong numbers.
    Definently not #1 in reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really? That's sad, it'd be nice to have two good trinkets from the raid.
    do tell which one is the second good trinket? for I know none that would be better than and instance trinket on the same ilvl

I dunno, I used it last hc raid and even on scorpion (with all those adds) it did a wussy 2.6% of my dmg.. it feels nice when it procs and feels like it does that a lot.. but it simply doesnt provide any damage to speak of. Atleast that's my experience from this trinket so I'll probably put it aside for now and use something different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I dunno, I used it last hc raid and even on scorpion (with all those adds) it did a wussy 2.6% of my dmg.. it feels nice when it procs and feels like it does that a lot.. but it simply doesnt provide any damage to speak of. Atleast that's my experience from this trinket so I'll probably put it aside for now and use something different.
    Well 2.6% sounds like just how much FCM does (Brittle)...
    Add to this that you get like twice the fixed stat value from the STR on it (probably even more since the ilvl will be a lot higher on the skorpyon trinket).

Eh CoF is still good isn't it? According to the googledoc around here that is. Not sure if those things are wrong of course
    On paper it still is; but practical use is something else.
    I use it and most of the time i feel like it is wasted due to having to delay burst windows due to tactics. :/
    For instance:
    - Tichondrius - the CD on crusade usually runs out (with the trinket) just before P2 starts
    - Skorpyon - only good if you are lucky with procs and can do Crusade on start + when his armor falls off.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-01-30 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    On paper it still is; but practical use is something else.
    I use it and most of the time i feel like it is wasted due to having to delay burst windows due to tactics. :/
    For instance:
    - Tichondrius - the CD on crusade usually runs out (with the trinket) just before P2 starts
    - Skorpyon - only good if you are lucky with procs and can do Crusade on start + when his armor falls off.
    what he said. But at the same time it may allow you to sync it with BL. for me that would be for BL on botanist. Without CoF Crusade is on a minute a minute and a halfe cool down when the the 3rd add appears and Lust starts. With CoF it would allow me to get some use out of lust.
    On the other hand it would be pretty useless for me on elisande. Soooo highly situational depending on your strats and killspeed...

The issue with CoF I am seeing is people not delaying Crusade a few seconds to line things up. I have yet to have a fight where I missed Crusade during crucial windows while using CoF mainly because I understand the expected decrease in cooldown is 20 seconds. Because of this I have been delaying certain Crusades in a fight a few seconds or so to line things up. I only know how to do this because I have many hours logged in Nighthold, I have been raiding 3 hours 6 days a week since launch. What works for me may not work for you, I suggest getting a feel for our Crusade timing before saying CoF isnt that good for you.

at 3 ppm i find that it never procs when i need it to and is very underwhelming

Eh CoF is still good isn't it? According to the googledoc around here that is. Not sure if those things are wrong of course
    CoF - in its actual state - is all kind of things, but not good for sure. You can't be serious.

Deleted
    As many have pointed out already, the Claw is really overrated. Sims high, very underwhelming in practice. Been trying it out alot (got a 900 last week) in heroic raids, mythic progression and m+ spam. Huge letdown. Problem is that it isn't procing enough to be consistent, and the radius is too small. On the flipside it does indeed have the juicy strength, but apart from that I'm not impressed.

Guess I'll go with the standard CoF + either Entwined/Memento/Odyn statstick (whatever is the highest ilvl).

Quote Originally Posted by Consanesco View Post
    CoF - in its actual state - is all kind of things, but not good for sure. You can't be serious.
    It's actually REALLY good on Elisande/Gul'dan with the speed up buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    As many have pointed out already, the Claw is really overrated. Sims high, very underwhelming in practice. Been trying it out alot (got a 900 last week) in heroic raids, mythic progression and m+ spam. Huge letdown. Problem is that it isn't procing enough to be consistent, and the radius is too small. On the flipside it does indeed have the juicy strength, but apart from that I'm not impressed.

Guess I'll go with the standard CoF + either Entwined/Memento/Odyn statstick (whatever is the highest ilvl).

It's actually REALLY good on Elisande/Gul'dan with the speed up buffs.

Impressive, it's really good at the second last and last encounter of NH (and only due to specific encounter mechanics). Is that all that it needs to satisfy you? This trinket was nerfed into the ground (without any data backing up the claim of an overpowered synergism with the now also gimped crusade) and marginally buffed afterwards. You and many others retribution fellows should be protesting every single day.
    Last edited by Consanesco; 2017-01-31 at 08:50 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's cool isn't it, I replaced my FCM with one (only a 1K DPS gain, but smoother). The only issue is if it procs off judgement when you're nowhere near the target, Noooooooooooo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Consanesco View Post
    Impressive, it's really good at the second last and last encounter of NH (and only due to specific encounter mechanics). Is that all that it needs to satisfy you? This trinket was nerfed into the ground (without any data backing up the claim of an overpowered synergism with the now also gimped crusade) and marginally buffed afterwards. You and many others retribution fellows should be protesting every single day.
    Even a 12y old kid could see that nerf coming. If it was too big is controversial though. Maybe if you do the encounters you will understand;
    A: Why original CoF for rets was broken.
    B: It will still be BiS for these bosses (probably also fights like Krosus), and in the end isn't that most important if you are progressing (either HC or Mythic)? And if you are not, why would it matter that much at all anyway?

It's the same as with our 7.1.5 Legendary belt. The 20% damage boost was just insane, no math needed to back that up. Just obvious. Even after the nerf down to 10% it's still bis, which pretty much end the discussion. Just referred to this as a correlation for synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    Even a 12y old kid could see that nerf coming. If it was too big is controversial though. Maybe if you do the encounters you will understand;
    A: Why original CoF for rets was broken.
    B: It will still be BiS for these bosses (probably also fights like Krosus), and in the end isn't that most important if you are progressing (either HC or Mythic)? And if you are not, why would it matter that much at all anyway?

It's the same as with our 7.1.5 Legendary belt. The 20% damage boost was just insane, no math needed to back that up. Just obvious. Even after the nerf down to 10% it's still bis, which pretty much end the discussion. Just referred to this as a correlation for synergy.

1.) I've done both encounters (NHC and heroic). The original CoF wasn't broken - i'm asking again for any data backing up this false claim. You simply won't find them.

2.) Did you even have one look at the top parses at WCL?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Retribution

And now tell me, how many of these players used CoF for Elisande? Trinkets of choice still are FCM, a simple stat stick and arcano crystal.

3.) Again nonsense. The belt wasn't overpowered insanely (nor the cloak or ring). Rets weren't topping meters even at this time.