Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Set up all your characters' keybinds to be very similar. On one character, keep rearranging until they feel intuitive, then make your other characters match as much as possible. Like your key rotational spells be 2-4, proc spells be F1-F3, Interrupt on R, etc. Spells that require targetting the ground on your bonus mouse buttons. Whatever feels right to you, but also relatively fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    it's fine, been clicking since vanilla
    The game is a lot more fun if you aren't clicking.

Very occasionally when I'm eating with 1 hand or something I'll click my spells on a quest mob and I'll think to myself "jesus christ this feels horrible how can anyone do this?!"

It's not even about whether it makes you better at the game, it just makes the game much less of a chore.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not doing bleeding edge content it doesn't matter. If you really want to change the habit for *you* then just do as others have said. Set your bars to unclickable. Add a single key bind and use it until you're comfortable. Then add another. Then another.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a very difficult time shifting to keybinding. Mostly because switching from wsad to the number keys forced me to glance to kb. What I did was put skateboard grip tape on the 3 key and on the w key so I knew where my hand was located and it made it a lot easier to stop clicking.

Different people are different.
    Some will adjust to keybinding better than others.
    Some will never adjust properly.
    It isn't just "practice".

General advice I see as being useful is to try one character at at time, just to get used to the change.
    As you move to to more characters, as someone else suggested try to find similarities between the role of the abilities, interrupts, movement, defense etc on the same key to ease the transition.
    Consider also macroing similar functions to a modifier.
    And one I saw discussed a while ago was putting mouse-targeted abilities with a reticule on your mousewheel or a mouse button.
    Zooming can still be under a modifier, ctrl+scroll is what I tended to do. Or could even be on the keyboard if you don't zoom that often.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-28 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

you're not a "clicker" unless all you do is click. i.e click to move click to dps, everything. Most people click on cooldowns but use keybinds for spells etc. True clickers and true keyboardists are rare but they exist too

I move with the mouse. I strafe with the side to side buttons on the mouse wheel.

I keybind my most used ability (like jab on WW with hit combo, for example) to my mouse wheel down and my speed boost (roll/torpedo etc.) to wheel up. My interupt is bound to a thumb button on my mouse.

Other than that, I click and have zero problems.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

im a half and half. I keybind my rotation but click cds and pots. Always played this way and wouldnt change. Its just the way i play i guess. It hasnt gimped me at all i dont think. Ive always been a raider since launch (heroic up til it turned to mythic then mythic)

Deleted
    I was a Semi-clicker (i dont play wow anymore)

used my keyboard for button 1-6 and then clicked my CD's and so on

never had an issue with that at all, could still move around with WASD and i was faster than my GCD if it was needed.

Btw, i was a tank.

Dont sweat it! if it works out for you, good! dont let the crazy 1337'ist go on your nerves!

Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    I'm a Clicker and i cant stop!

OK ive been playing WOW since late BC but to this day i still click buttons with my mouse instead of using my keyboard.

Ive tried everything to break this habit but i have really bad Peripheral vision so i need to see what iam clicking and is the reason i cant play any other way.

Though i will never be a mythic or cutting edge PVPer and ive never had anyone complain about my DPS so is anyone else a clicker or have advice how to break my habit?
    Get a better UI. Download Weak Auras and find a copy-paste string for your class and spec. Most rotations are available with giant buttons and cooldown timers closer to the middle of your screen.