Question Duel profession at 740+, drop one for a gathering, can I "switch" back later?

As the title says

I currently have ENG and BS at 740+.

If I drop one for, ie. Mining, then change my mind down the road, and re-learn it, do I have to level it from zero (0) again?

There is a book for 1000g that says I can re-learn all recipes again, but not sure how that works.

Any input on this is appreciated, as I dont really fancy grinding BS again :S

Deleted
    The book gives you back all recipes you knew but not the skill points.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    The book gives you back all recipes you knew but not the skill points.
    All the Legion recipes

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    All the Legion recipes
    All the Legion recipes gained from quests

Might be better to roll a demon hunter and give him 2 gathering profs. If not that then use your free level 100 boost on an alt you intend to gather with. If not that then use your 90 boost on one. Id use an alt for gathering and more useful profs stay on my main.

Best gatherer alt is probably druid because of stealth and you can farm really quick in swift flight form.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-02-04 at 01:06 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Might be better to roll a demon hunter and give him 2 gathering profs. If not that then use your free level 100 boost on an alt you intend to gather with. If not that then use your 90 boost on one. Id use an alt for gathering and more useful profs stay on my main.

Best gatherer alt is probably druid because of stealth and you can farm really quick in swift flight form.
    The best gatherer for legion is DK/pally with Sky Golem. Pop the tank spec and run around at 240% speed with no daze picking up herbs. Druid really falls behind until 7.2. But as soon ad the patch hits, herbs price will plummet because of flying.

As for old content, let the bots do the work because it's really a waste of time compared to current farming

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    The best gatherer for legion is DK/pally with Sky Golem. Pop the tank spec and run around at 240% speed with no daze picking up herbs. Druid really falls behind until 7.2. But as soon ad the patch hits, herbs price will plummet because of flying.
    The best gatherer is any tank (or dps/healer with Prydaz) w/ Pathfinder achie and Demonsteel Stirrups if you have both mining and herbing, Golem is after that or on par if you only have herbalism.
    Last edited by Nivrax; 2017-02-04 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Was just stirrups bug :<

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    The best gatherer is any tank (or dps/healer with Prydaz) w/ Pathfinder achie and Demonsteel Stirrups if you have both mining and herbing, Golem is after that or on par if you only have herbalism.
    Pathfinder stacks with DK/pally extra mount speed (240% vs 220% of pathfinder alone).
    As for mining, if I had to farm I wouldn't pick mining at all. It's 8 demonsteel bars every 2 hours and the only use of your BoS is the vendor. Plus with a 3.2sec cast if you have mobs hitting you can't just pickup and move on.

A lot of classes do alright for farming. Honestly, pick a class you want to play. If you're going to level it to max either way, chances are one day you'll want to do something else with it. Several classes have ways to enhance their farming; for instance, a Shaman can use the Follower that gives them mounted speed in Ghost Wolf (slightly slower than mounted speed, since it doesn't utilize Pathfinder, but still super useful). Druids are always great, of course. Any class can use a mount-enhancing consumable to not be dazed, interact with items while mounted, etc - I really wouldn't pick a class ENTIRELY based on those things as you can use an item instead on anything, but adding them to a "pros" list for a specific class is certainly worthwhile.

I'm just saying, if you're going to level a toon to 110, even if right now it's just for farming, "I'd enjoy playing this" should certainly be a factor as they all have strengths, and while some have more strengths when it comes to farming, many of them can be obtained on every other class via fairly long-lasting consumables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    All the Legion recipes gained from quests
    All the Legion recipes gained from quests that that particular character did
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama