Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If it's true then go, take that money and make the ESO even better, I have nothing against that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Yeah, Bethesda needs a better engine for their games. Gamebryo is awful and riddled with bugs that (seems) too hard to fix. Please, Bethesda, just get a different engine already!
    What's sad is they already have another engine, a proprietary engine that they themselves own, meaning no licensing or royalties on some external engine.

id Tech 5, which has since been surpassed by id Tech 6 and was used for Dishonored 2 and Doom. They have had it since they bought id Software in 2009.

It seems like they just don't want to change, they are set in their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    What's sad is they already have another engine, a proprietary engine that they themselves own, meaning no licensing or royalties on some external engine.

id Tech 5, which has since been surpassed by id Tech 6 and was used for Dishonored 2 and Doom. They have had it since they bought id Software in 2009.

It seems like they just don't want to change, they are set in their ways.
    Yeah, Zenimax confuses me. The fact that id Tech has been so sparingly used internally, and that it's not been licensed externally (given that it once used to be) doesn't make sense to me. You have EA moving to put as many of their properties in Frostbite in one form or another makes total sense, and there are a number of benefits overall to it. While Zenimax continues to use a hodgepodge of internal and licensed engines.

Wish they'd streamline down to only a few in-house engines that they could really polish the shit out of. Looking at how fantastically Frostbite runs on PC makes me wish that other publishers would take a similar approach.