Loot spec and Legendary spec being the same...

Ive seen alot of Legendary rants and i do agree with them, its really frustrating to farm for them and get bad ones only to get your Bad luck protection reset but ive gotten over the whole legendary thing after knowing that its not going to change.

A big issue with legendaries though is that it locks you into a lootspec and if you swap it to another one you might recieve a legendary for a spec you do not want, i know alot of people already know this but it really needs to be changed and hopefuly Blizz will deliver on this because its a major QoL change that is needed.

they said they dont really like the idea of another layer of "loot spec" cos it'd confuse people

(not that i agree with that but they did say it)

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    they said they dont really like the idea of another layer of "loot spec" cos it'd confuse people

(not that i agree with that but they did say it)
    I'm always against withholding a much needed feature from a game because it would be "too complicated."

Let power users have their advanced tools.

As it is right now, it's easier to have an off-character than an off-spec which is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    I'm always against withholding a much needed feature from a game because it would be "too complicated."

Let power users have their advanced tools.

As it is right now, it's easier to have an off-character than an off-spec which is just ridiculous.
    you dont have to convince me, as ive said i dont agree with it the slightest

but it is what they said

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They have said there are changes to the legendary system coming with 7.2. Maybe they're going to let us DE unwanted ones and to turn in for other legendary items(at a rate of 2:1 or some such).
    There is talk of craftable legendaries as well..

or, let the actual drop be a universal token that, when given to a special NPC, will either

give a random legendary of those your loot spec can get and you don't have already (to keep their strange idea of "random legis are fun")
    trade in for a targeted legendary.

that way cou can set your loot in dungeons/raids on the desired spec while not risking getting legendaries for that spec.

with that system, they could make the token BoA faaaar later in the expac (around the farming period of the last patch maybe?)
    to encourage twinks getting more than 1 legendary when you have not much to do last tier

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    As long as they add some system to make legendaries targetable, including cross-spec, it will help a lot of the initial RNG issues.

Right now loot spec legendaries is a bad bad design, still better then 100% random of ALL for 1 class, but still not enough if they keep adding more and more.

Very multi-spec unfriendly unless they up the drop chance overall.