Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Donald Trump sacks the acting US attorney general after she questions the legality of his immigration ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Donald Trump sacks the acting US attorney general after she questions the legality of his immigration ban.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politi...ice/index.html

Story here.

Saturday Night Massacre 2: Monday Boogaloo

She knew exactly what she was doing when she issued the order. She knew she would be fired. She knew it was symbolic, rather than practical.

She's a fucking hero. Now it is up to other public servants to do the same. She lead the way. Now more must follow.

The language in the press release on her termination is straight up fascist state shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The language in the press release on her termination is straight up fascist state shit.
    You're talking about "betrayal" right?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Weak on [generic party line]" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If you're not a "progressive" then you're a fascist. Lol

So we have

1. Immigration officials defying court orders and turning away congressmen and women.
    2. The Trump Administration using Congressional staffers to right EOs, under an NDA
    3. The Trump Administration firing an Acting Attorney General for her legal opinion.

This is what it looks like when democracy and our governmental system starts falling apart. This is not sustainable.

Deleted
    So we have

1. Immigration officials defying court orders and turning away congressmen and women.
    2. The Trump Administration using Congressional staffers to right EOs, under an NDA
    3. The Trump Administration firing an Acting Attorney General for her legal opinion.

This is what it looks like when democracy and our governmental system starts falling apart. This is not sustainable.
    I don't care for the US, really, but i sincerely hope that they impeach him. It just seems like he has no place in being a President.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    I don't care for the US, really, but i sincerely hope that they impeach him. It just seems like he has no place in being a President.
    This has been obvious to most people, too bad our ancient voting system allowed this idiot into the office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Just remember, as was with Bush, Americans did know better.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    American reelected Bush.

It did read like something out of North Korea or something....betrayal of our great leader, nation, etc.

What's next? Is Trump going to send in the Feds to cities that don't comply with the travel ban? Is this going to play out like the movie, "The Siege" ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    What's next? Is Trump going to send in the Feds to cities that don't comply with the travel ban? Is this going to play out like the movie, "The Siege" ?
    I can imagine how that would play out.

"Mr. Trump, Boston has refused to comply with the *cough* legal order of banning US green card holders and refugee women and children. Including the five year old in handcuffs."
    "What? YUUUUUGE betrayal! Direct of National Intelligence, can you get the feds in there?"
    *crickets chirping*
    "Oh, right. Fine, I'll send in the military. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, what support can you give?"
    *crickets chirping*
    "Oh, right, him too. I'll do what I always do, threaten legal action. Attorney General, can we sue an entire city?"
    "Oh my God THIS IS MY FIRST DAY! I have enough to deal with! Cut me some slack!"
    "Wow, blood must be coming out of her whereever. Bannon, what should I do?"
    "Well, we could burn some crosses -- "
    "God dammit. I'll use the red phone. Hey boss, what do I do with Boston?"
    "Is normal. Some strife, some protests, is natural for new dictator. Do no worry, you have good strong allies, back your play."
    "Um...actually, I'm much further behind in filling federal jobs than anyone in recent history."
    "Oh. Then you screwed." *click*
    "Hello? Hello???"

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Is that sarcasm? We reelected that slow thinker, but I blame 9/11 for that. Too many supported our occupation in Iraq and wanted to rid them of "WMD"s.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What you're describing are issues due to the USA's structural intolerance and hostility, not some necessary consequence. We largely don't have those issues, in Canada, because we set them up with decent housing and support networks designed to not just maintain the basics, but actively include them in their communities and give them access to tools like language training to remove barriers.

And yeah; we generally welcome them into our neighbourhoods. Because we don't irrationally fear victims of violence and oppression.
    Bet you won't say that after numerous terrorist actions. Have Canada deal with a 9/11 event and see if you'll say the same. Majority of the hate may be knee jerk reactions but when it's a huge group of the population(not speaking of muslims here) it spirals out of control /shrug

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Do you have a link?
    Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 is the law that limits visas from 7 countries, including Syria. It was passed as part of the Omnibus Appropriations Act of FY2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consol...ions_Act,_2016

Fake Ass Crying Bitch Tard Chuck Schumer not only voted for it but bragged about it as well

Saying "This bill is a great victory for the principles Democrats stand for" and "Republicans sought to hold hostage the Department of Homeland Security and Democrats banded together to fully fund the Department of Homeland Security and protect the President's Order on Immigration."

https://www.c-span.org/video/?402302...rs-legislation

Listen to Chuck Schumer, just click on his picture below the video

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3bTJTPWEAAPg7h.jpg or https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Here's Chuck Schumer calling for pause

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...y-be-necessary

And heres the icing to the cake, the man crying about the bill he voted for, bragged about and woulda been fine with if it was Obama doing it and not Trump

Funniest shit I've seen in a while
    Last edited by Stacyrect; 2017-01-31 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    And heres the icing to the cake, the man crying about the bill he voted for, bragged about and woulda been fine with if it was Obama doing it and not Trump

Funniest shit I've seen in a while
    Don't be bringing 'facts' into this discussion, unless you want to be beaten unconscious by psychotic leftists while they scream about their rights to peacefully bash in the skulls of anyone who disagrees with their hysteria.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-01-31 at 03:42 PM.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Don't be bringing 'facts' into this discussion, unless you want to be beaten unconscious by psychotic leftists while they scream about their rights to peacefully bash in the skulls of anyone who disagrees with their hysteria.
    LOL just gotta keep that pimp hand strong bro