Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    John D. Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who taught psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School,

Oh, John D. Gartner the psychotherapist doesn't work at Johns Hopkins?

He made his diagnoses watching Trump on TV?
    I think everybody could diagnose Trump after watching the ABC interview.

It was such a sad display him going on about the crowd which wouldn't be news for longer then a day.

You Americans in your attempts to justify every type of behviour is simply... dumb.

Evil is Evil. They are as sick as "Good" people.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    This totally sounds like a legit diagnosis and not a bunch of hogwash drummed up to insult someone. What a productive thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think most figured out there was something wrong with him ages ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Suuuuuuuuuuure.
    Someone's triggered.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yeah I think most figured out there was something wrong with him ages ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone's triggered.
    You would know.

Deleted
    A diagnosis, unless it is official, only engage the one who do it.
    One doctor expressing concern over Trump mental state can and should be met with reasonable doubt, he could be wrong, exagerate for fame or even lie for political purpose. At a time where anybody could be manipulated by anybody, skeptisism seems to be a reasonable approach, especially when someone try to have media attention.

However considering that anyone word on the matter is equivalent to a professional is absurd.

John Hopkins is not the only one to have made such claims, and I still wait full diagnostic saying Trump show no signs of narcisism when he obviously show many. Can a diagnosis be accurate when the person is not met in person ? Actually yes, it is not the optimal thing to do but psychology doesn't consist in entering in one mind and fully understand and predict everything.

Narcissism as many other mental disorder (not illness) is not something relativly vague you know when you take someone temperature or anything, the method of diagnosis is through observation and Trump provided a lot of data on this. Narcissism is declared when the patient shows enough type of narcissistic behaviour to put it more simple it is just filling about filling categories.
    In that regard there is no doubt that Trump show sign of narcissistic behaviour but he does not necessarily means he is, which type of narcissism it is or if it is a close mental behaviour yet no narcissism.

Now this diagnosis hurt Trump's role as a president. Trump would be in his right to press charge for dimanation against that doctor and history has shown that Trump loves to sue everyone and is very clear on the matter but the only way it to happens would be for Trump to have an actual official mental diagnosis to prove that all those doctors are wrong or lying and I don't think he would do that for semi-obvious reasons.
    Last edited by mmoc1ec7205cd1; 2017-01-30 at 02:58 PM.

Well. This seems like a very political smear and not a useful diagnosis. Also, hilarious if people are using this for a reason to mock him after complaining about the reporter thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Ah, the classic '"experts are untrustworthy because they aren't laymen' argument.
    Are you trying to bring back the USSR in its early stages?
    Nope. I am asking how to determine someone is not lying to you about their profession if you do not understand how to do what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This mostly seems like just another strike against any pretense of psychology being a field that takes scientific rigor seriously. There's no testable hypothesis here, nothing that would plausibly disprove his professional evaluation, just trotting out a credentialism based on argument and declaring an ideological opponent mentally ill.

While Trump is observably narcissistic, the evidence of any actual pathology (other than a personality that many of us find grating) is incredibly thin.
    Three, almost four, pages to make this incredibly important point. A point that comes pretty damn close to /thread for me. And how do the Mental Titans of MMO-C Gen OT handle it? They ignore it so they can maintain their own indignant attitudes.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    You would know.
    oooooooooooh. got buuuuuuuuurned.

Really though, we should discuss the recent findings.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7552661.html
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Wow you guys are trying waaaaay too hard. The four consecutive years of safe space tears are going to be epic.
    Which is ironic given conservatives are calling for safe spaces a lot more than liberals are for weeks now.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I wish someone would take the word "official" out of the title.

It was done by some angry psychotherapist who voted for Hillary and watched The Donald on TV for a while to make his diagnoses. This is about as fake as fake news gets.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Nope. I am asking how to determine someone is not lying to you about their profession if you do not understand how to do what they do.
    Someone already answered that question to you and you refused it out of hand.
    You quoted it even, and it was that post of yours I responded to by summerizing your "argument" for the dismissal as the classical fallancy of distrusting everyone more knowledgeable than yourself on the principle of them being more knowledgeable.

It is an official doctor's report ... not an official release from the hospital.

I'll change it to 'formal report' to make you happier if that's ok, a synonym ...

Won't let me change the top title, it only changed the title of my OP....
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-01-30 at 04:05 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Someone already answered that question to you and you refused it out of hand.
    You quoted it even, and it was that post of yours I responded to by summarizing your "argument" for the dismissal as the classical fallacy of distrusting everyone more knowledgeable than yourself on the principle of them being more knowledgeable.
    This doesn't answer my question at all. Cross referencing that was presented as an option only leads one to find more sources that agree with something that is not understood. That doesn't mean they are not lies. It just means they agree with each other for whatever motive they have that is not understood.

Yeah, I'm no Trump fan myself, but this is stupid. Unless she's actually sat down for a psychological session with Trump, anything stated is pure speculation and unprofessional.

Trump is just a narcissistic asshole, simple as that. We don't need a diagnosis to know this to be true and we don't need diagnose every asshole as suffering from some sort of mental disorder.

It was done by some angry psychotherapist who voted for Hillary and watched The Donald on TV for a while to make his diagnoses. This is about as fake as fake news gets.
    Why so defensive? Why are you so PC

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Time for all the Trump haters to calm down, and all the supporters to open their eyes.

The top psychologist in one of the top hospitals in the USA has given a formal diagnosis, breaking normal ethical guidelines due to the nature of the 'patient'.

Remember - that psychology is done by listening to patients, watching behaviours etc ... so this is pretty accurate stuff.

The finding - Trump isn't evil, nasty or any of that crap - he is just very ill.

The diagnosis: Malignant Narcissism

The article : US NEWS

We need to start treating this guy as a sick man, not an evil dictator or benevolent god. Start getting your republican and democrat representatives to push for a 25th Amendment removal of power, and get this man some help. He doesn't deserve impeachment and imprisonment - he deserves mental care.
    Well, let's be honest, he didn't examine Trump personally, therefore it can not be an "official" diagnosis. He may be breaking a rule by doing it, but at this point, it's just an opinion without facts. He's a top psychologist at a top hospital, so he could be right. But until the time when he actually examines Trump, his insight is only slightly better than than someone from Hollywood making this claim.

The "doctor" used to work at John's Hopkins, he doesn't now.

He's a psychotherapist and Hillary supporter who made his diagnosis of Trump by watching Trump on TV. Seriously, most of you claim to support the scientific method.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Science - learn how it works dude....

Look - we know for a fact the dude isn't fit to be president.
    Those are your facts and have no scientific basis.

You can't just claim he is sick, and then say hey thats how science works these are facts.