Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    are you sure thats not Tennisace?
    Lol i spit my drink at the thought but then again I can totally imagine that face fitting him almost perfectly, just needs a brighter smile and more light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Good one!

Yeah, I don't think a SNL job is up your alley.
    Well, SNL is 'very overrated' so he might fit with the lame jokes

10+ Year Old Account
    People: It's because of Trump's rhetoric!

News: The assaliants shouted "Allauh uh Akbar"

People: Hey now, let's not jump to conclusions.

If there's one thing I can enjoy from these shootings, it's the backpedaling on Twitter.
    First instinct was right, Trump supporter.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/q...3c354c456e1db2

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Well, SNL is 'very overrated' so he might fit with the lame jokes
    They might make him come up with his own shit instead of taking someone elses'.

Maybe.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    First instinct was right, Trump supporter.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/q...3c354c456e1db2
    This is like, the first time those kneejerk fucks were at least partially correct.

I wouldn't put too much to it.

[QUOTE=THE Bigzoman;44396465
    This is like, the first time those kneejerk fucks were at least partially correct.

I wouldn't put too much to it.[/QUOTE]

Crazy will be crazy. I bet he plays video games too, but that's not the boogeyman to blame at the moment.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I wouldn't put too much to it.
    What do you mean, police made no comment about anything for over 10 hours. Only made his identity know after they were absolutely sure they resolved everything and had the right guy. At least thats how i expect police to work in Canada, so they dont plaster the news with some innocent guy at the wrong place and wrong time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    What do you mean, police made no comment about anything for over 10 hours. Only made his identity know after they were absolutely sure they resolved everything and had the right guy. At least thats how i expect police to work in Canada, so they dont plaster the news with some innocent guy at the wrong place and wrong time.
    I'm talking about people on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Crazy will be crazy. I bet he plays video games too, but that's not the boogeyman to blame at the moment.
    We are past that in Canada. He was crazy, but it remains he radicalized his views mostly on the internet on far right boards and forums. He would repeatedly troll refugee facebook groups. Its clear this is a social problem we need to monitor more, because its easier platforms for people with clear mental/social/emotional problems to just get even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking about people on Twitter.
    Everyone on twitter is an idiot, i already established this in my life. There was as many people saying the guy from Morocco was the shooter as there was people saying it was a neo nazi. If you read something on twitter, its rambling from an idiot. President included.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-01-31 at 03:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are past that in Canada. He was crazy, but it remains he radicalized his views mostly on the internet on far right boards and forums. He would repeatedly troll refugee facebook groups. Its clear this is a social problem we need to monitor more, because its easier platforms for people with clear mental/social/emotional problems to just get even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone on twitter is an idiot, i already established this in my life. There was as many people saying the guy from Morocco was the shooter as there was people saying it was a neo nazi.

And I know this.

This whole thing started because I made it known that I was enjoying the stupidity.

How do I differentiate "Joe" the mechanic who likes trucks and guns and likes to share, link, or express alt-right dogma, compared to "Jake" the crazy who does the same things but ends up taking it to the real world?

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone on twitter is an idiot, i already established this in my life. There was as many people saying the guy from Morocco was the shooter as there was people saying it was a neo nazi. If you read something on twitter, its rambling from an idiot. President included.
    Hey, if he was an internet troll, wouldn't Twitter and similar be a jury of his peers? Hmmm...

How do I differentiate "Joe" the mechanic who likes trucks and guns and likes to share, link, or express alt-right dogma, compared to "Jake" the crazy who does the same things but ends up taking it to the real world?
    Authoritarian Alt right dogma is already illegal in Canada, so we dont need to. We dont tolerate speech that incites violence on others period. If your speech is about hurting other, it doesent matter if you think its far left or right dogma, your speech is no longer protected here anyway.

Social media is why there's a huge firestorm over Trump and why Black Lives Matter is a thing. Blacks have been rioting over police brutality for over a hundred years but it was always isolated to a city, now the whole country joins in, all due to social media.

And social media was in part responsible for getting these people killed in the mosque.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Social media is why there's a huge firestorm over Trump and why Black Lives Matter is a thing. Blacks have been rioting over police brutality for over a hundred years but it was always isolated to a city, now the whole country joins in, all due to social media.

And social media was in part responsible for getting these people killed in the mosque.
    Because we dont have the balls to actually do what we should. Free speech works in real life outside the internet, because people shame is mostly accountable for what they say. Some people invents boogy men on the internet and the lowest denominators falls for it. Now real life is turning into the internet for some people.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-01-31 at 03:13 AM.

Because we dont have the balls to actually do what we should. Free speech works in real life outside the internet, because people shame is mostly accountable for what they say. Some people invents boogy men on the internet and the lowest denominators falls for it. Now real life is turning into the internet for some people.
    Nope. Crazy will be crazy. The internet has always been a free-for-all, always. You've always been able to find your echo chamber if you wanted to. A person doesn't end up in one of those unless it's already expressing what they believe. It may reinforce those beliefs, sure, but so did regular meat space gatherings of the past. Riots have begun that way, purges, cleansings, mass killings, what have you. There's always an echo chamber if you want one, real or virtual.

Most people, the vast majority, who live in echo chambers do little real world harm.

So, how do deal with crazy is the issue. Not what information a person can read.

Nope. Crazy will be crazy. The internet has always been a free-for-all, always. You've always been able to find your echo chamber if you wanted to. A person doesn't end up in one of those unless it's already expressing what they believe. It may reinforce those beliefs, sure, but so did regular meat space gatherings of the past. Riots have begun that way, purges, cleansings, mass killings, what have you. There's always an echo chamber if you want one, real or virtual.

Most people, the vast majority, who live in echo chambers do little real world harm.

So, how do deal with crazy is the issue. Not what information a person can read.
    If you join an echo chamber about killing others, you arent sane and should be treated as such. You realize inciting to murder and such is already a real life crime. Its only free on the internet.

Canada is not as integrated as many believe.

Actually, compared to USA, Europe, Australia and S. Africa the communities there in Canada are sharply defined by ethnic identities and cultures where they are xenophobic and exclude outsiders. The reason for this is that Canada doesn't have a unified identity like the French for example. Which is also why the Québécois are defiant against a Canadian national identity and also the idea of diversity.

The balancing act moving forward for Canada is to build a national identity while allowing multiculturalism to grow.

If you join an echo chamber about killing others, you arent sane and should be treated as such. You realize inciting to murder and such is already a real life crime. Its only free on the internet.
    Not sure about Canadian law, but in the US incitement to murder requires knowledge that someone is going to act immediately on your speech. Merely posting something like, "God damn frogs, someone go stomp on one" wouldn't be incitement to animal cruelty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Canada is not as integrated as many believe.

Actually, compared to USA, Europe, Australia and S. Africa the communities there in Canada are sharply defined by ethnic identities and cultures where they are xenophobic and exclude outsiders. The reason for this is that Canada doesn't have a unified identity like the French for example. Which is also why the Québécois are defiant against a Canadian national identity and also the idea of diversity.

The balancing act moving forward for Canada is to build a national identity while allowing multiculturalism to grow.
    The only way this makes any sense is if you incorrectly think there needs to be a monoculture for society to be "integrated". And that's just wrong.

Nope. Crazy will be crazy. The internet has always been a free-for-all, always. You've always been able to find your echo chamber if you wanted to.
    I might disagree. Where you around doing the CompuServ days? I couldn't find shit and it was so slow, I normally gave up.

Turns out the prime suspect is some 27 year old white right-wing poli sci student from a nearby university.

No word yet on how many legendaries he has so far on his demon hunter.