Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Horde In 2019 ikea will sell rugs made by Syrian refugees.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7557001.html

This is a wonderful idea Imo, a proper way of helping people instead of giving people money you give them a job

Do you think this will be good or bad for ikea seeing as the far right is rising once again?

Ikea, only good thing they have is the meatballs.

Good stuff for them though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Will they tie the room together?

Meanwhile, they make furniture from wood that was illegally cut in Romania.

Deleted
    IKEA is a piece of shit, law-breaking and dodgy business practicing conglomerate.

This is good PR for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Ikea, only good thing they have is the meatballs.

Good stuff for them though.
    You mean horse-meat-balls. Bahaha. (no seriously if you weren't joking those meatballs used to contain horse)

Yea "good for Ikea" yeaaaa refugee pandering wow so great.

Ikea's founder was a Nazi.

Like, an actual Nazi, yea.

When they sell their catalogs in certain ME countries they remove all the women from ads - gender equality am I right?

They sold chocolate cake in 23 counties that was confirmed to contain fecal matter, gg.

Supposedly there were deals with Castro in the 80s to have political prisoners aka slaves building furniture for Ikea.

Which goes right along with the confirmed reality that they did use prison labor in communist East Germany in the 80s to produce furniture.

And they're basically deforesting the planet in order to produce their garbage.

But yey refugee rugs!

Totally makes up for everything.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Dont really like rugs so i wont buy any.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    You mean horse-meat-balls. Bahaha. (no seriously if you weren't joking those meatballs used to contain horse)

When they sell their catalogs in certain ME countries they remove all the women from ads - gender equality am I right?

They sold chocolate cake in 23 counties that was confirmed to contain fecal matter, gg.

Supposedly there were deals with Castro in the 80s to have political prisoners aka slaves building furniture for Ikea.

Which goes right along with the confirmed reality that they did use prison labor in communist East Germany in the 80s to produce furniture.

But yey refugee rugs!

It's alright but there is of course much better food, just tried to give a reason why ikea is good, i cant think of any other reason so

Why aren't they selling them now? Why the two year wait? As for the idea, it's great. The refugees make a few bucks and gain awareness for their plight, IKEA profits from the sales and the publicity, the market benefits from the economic activity, and those buying the rugs get (presumably) nice rugs. A good example of capitalism making a bad situation better.

Deleted

But yey refugee rugs!

Omg you are so racist, nazi, xenophobe (i got it right?) and bigot i am trying to catch my breath here, I am so upset. What should I do with my life, welfare check comes in 20 days im already minus on bank?? thread.indexOf("refuge" > -1) ? "Such tolerance, much cream in pants" : "derp"; please.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-02 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    It's alright but there is of course much better food, just tried to give a reason why ikea is good, i cant think of any other reason so
    Haha yea I know I know.

At the end of the day Ikea serves the market.

But I don't think we should be giving them any awards because they make a token gesture with the FOTM cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ljtrve View Post
    Omg you are so racist, nazi, xenophobe (i got it right?) and bigot i am trying to catch my breath here, I am so upset. What should I do with my life, welfare check comes in 20 days im already minus on bank?? thread.indexOf("refuge" > -1) ? "Such tolerance, much cream in pants" : "derp"; please.
    What ...the ...fuck?
    MAGA

Deleted
    IKEA is known for cheap labour (and East German slave labour) so I guess this fits right in their business model?

Deleted
    Yeah I am gonna jump on the wagon that IKEA is a rather shady business and that they aren't doing this for anything but PR. But that is unfortunately the norm for companies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    IKEA is known for cheap labour (and East German slave labour) so I guess this fits right in their business model?
    Oh sweet East Germany, like it was yesterday.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Oh sweet East Germany, like it was yesterday.
    And let's not forget how IKEA moved their HQ to the Netherlands so they can pay less taxes.

Deleted
    So, let me get this right.
    A group of people set up a business in another country to help support themselves and their families by supplying goods through a 3rd company is news worthy enough to warrant a headlines on an international newspaper website, just because they are refugee's.

Yet a random John Doe, who has just set up his business in your own country, working 60+ hours a week, just to make ends meet does not get any sort or mention ?

Just a cheap PR stunt, they don't give a crap about these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Nor was it confirmed to contain fecal matter, it contained coliform bacteria. But that's just an alternative fact
    I read it on HuffingtonPost. Just saying.
    MAGA

But yey refugee rugs!

Horse meat is delicious though.
    Horse meat sausage is a common thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Horse meat is delicious though.
    Horse meat sausage is a common thing here.
    Whats it taste like?
    MAGA