Question Thinking about go JC and drop Alch

Sup guys!

Right now I am Enchant/Alch, the only reason I am alch is probably the same reason most of us are: Flask duration.

Its cheaper to buy pots/flask then to make it, so I only kept it because of the 2h duration.

Enchant is making me some gold on my server, not ez, but its coming, I cant complaing.

I am not raiding alot so I dont really need the 2h flask anymore, so I am think to maximize my gold profit (if that is possible atm), but I dont want to get gather professions.

I thought about JC or Inscription, but JC seems better.

Once I have no mining char, is it possible to buy minerals, prospect and have some profit?!

Thank you very much!!!!!

It's possible to buy mats for prospecting and gain profit. However you should buy large amounts of ore to do that because of random. And by large I mean 40k in gold large.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    It's possible to buy mats for prospecting and gain profit. However you should buy large amounts of ore to do that because of random. And by large I mean 40k in gold large.
    I guess the hard thing is get used to prices, I mean... buy it low to get more or some profit, correct?

Should I aim for felslate or leystones?

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by VeteranoNoob View Post
    Should I aim for felslate or leystones?
    you want both. there's a mod called gch (gem chip helper, forget which is which). basically the color of your gem chips indicate the color of the next gem you're going to get. you want to use leystone until you get a chip color of a valuable gem on your server, then swap to felslate. this addon lets you check boxes for the gem colors that you want, and will basically do the chip weaving for you

Quote Originally Posted by VeteranoNoob View Post
    Sup guys!

Right now I am Enchant/Alch, the only reason I am alch is probably the same reason most of us are: Flask duration.

Its cheaper to buy pots/flask then to make it, so I only kept it because of the 2h duration.

Enchant is making me some gold on my server, not ez, but its coming, I cant complaing.

I am not raiding alot so I dont really need the 2h flask anymore, so I am think to maximize my gold profit (if that is possible atm), but I dont want to get gather professions.

I thought about JC or Inscription, but JC seems better.

Once I have no mining char, is it possible to buy minerals, prospect and have some profit?!

Thank you very much!!!!!
    I am a max JC/miner on my main and run mining on all my alt. JC is a somewhat profitable profession if you flip gems efficiently. I have found selling the raw Felslate/Leystone is quicker/more profitable than wasting time prospecting the ore (gem chips immensely cut into profit margins). I also have found that buying raw ore to prospect tends to yield to only a 5% profit margin at best, thanks RN-Jesus.

If you focus on flipping gems (buy uncut -> sell cut) it tends to be the most profitable method. I normally pick up uncut and cut gems later on in the week (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Then take all of the gems I have stockpiled and post them on Monday and Tuesday. I have found that flipping uncut gems yield around a 45% - 55% profit margin and flipping cut gems yields a 25% - 30% profit margin .

Hope this helps.

/boggle

I make boatloads of gold selling flasks. And I don't even have a r3 flask yet, I've made 100's of agi flasks and no r3. I've probably made several 100k gold selling just agi flasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    /boggle

I make boatloads of gold selling flasks. And I don't even have a r3 flask yet, I've made 100's of agi flasks and no r3. I've probably made several 100k gold selling just agi flasks.
    this always makes me wonder - I get that it changes from server to server but unless you are gathering your own herbs it is a massive loss for me. and even then, selling raw herbs is better option. for me flasks/pots sell for about 66% of their crafting costs - without lucky procs it really doesn't seem to be worth crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    this always makes me wonder - I get that it changes from server to server but unless you are gathering your own herbs it is a massive loss for me. and even then, selling raw herbs is better option. for me flasks/pots sell for about 66% of their crafting costs - without lucky procs it really doesn't seem to be worth crafting.
    It takes me roughly an hour to farm enough mats for 10 flasks, give or take 20m. So max, 80 minutes nets me 10 flasks. I get 700-1000 per flask. People always complain about farming being like death throes. But there are spots to sit in one place and make a run that takes 5 minutes and makes 20-30 herbs per run. If you know what you are doing, you can sit and watch Netflix on one monitor and farm herbs 5m out of every 10 on the other monitor and make gold. I use the bloods I get to fill in what I am missing.

40-80m a day, 7000g-10000g. Mind this is undercutting everyone becuz getting pixels it getting pixels. You can check around, maybe find a secret way or spend time buying low and selling high. But the way I make gold is consistent and does not take all that long. I don't even have a r3 recipe yet, I imagine my profits will jump if I ever proc a r3. I've made and sold 563 agi pots so far. At 800g avg, I've made 450k gold this expac on flasks alone. (yes I spreadsheet, cuz I am a nerd).

YMMV.

~Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

From the time of this post until now, 10:45, farmed up enough for 10 flasks. 1hr, 18m.

Is it really cheaper for you to buy consumables than it is for you to make them? Do you mean in terms of buying the herbs on the AH and then crafting them? Are you including in procs? If so, do you have rank 3 for all items you craft for yourself? My Shaman is my alchy, and until reaching rank 3 in both Agi flasks and Old War potions, it was a nightmare and was most definitely a loss, or at the *most* breaking even. Since reaching rank 3 on both, however, even when I buy a majority of the herbs I almost certainly make a profit on the procs.

What do you use your Bloods for? Once a week when I go to make my consumables, I'll see which herb costs the most per "chunk" -- that is, per amount of the herb one blood would net me. The one that is most expensive is the one I will dump my bloods on, then buying the remaining herbs myself. While doing this, I'll also be asking in trade and will usually get a few stacks below AH average as well. My Shaman is an herbalist, too; I just really can't be bothered to farm. I've done a few hour-long sessions grabbing Starlight, but farming just isn't for me. It's always felt like logging on to a game to go to work, I don't like it.

Regardless - even with buying a majority of the herbs, as long as I use my bloods in addition to this (and have rank 3 unlocked for what I'm crafting), I almost always make a profit. I'll usually keep the baseline crafts and sell the procs. My worst-case scenario is breaking even, but that's with keeping what I need for myself and only selling the extra - breaking even means I've effectively gotten my consumables for the week for free, which is pretty nice.

Are you absolutely sure you're ending up at a loss? I really think Alchemy has a lot of potential, especially if you 1) Are a person who is always flasked in raids and is always prepotting/second potting, and 2) Are at rank three in the relevant items.