Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

SAG Awards "Punch some people in the face"

The overall message was a good one, but his uncontrollable shaking and then paraphrasing at the end to punch people in the face kind of ruined the whole thing. However the crowd seemed to accept violence as a means to an end with their cheering.

Source: http://www.mrctv.org/videos/2017-scr...me-people-face

At the end of the day, I doubt any of these people are going to punch people in the face. However some of their less intelligent fans may take it literal.

Not sure what's going on in the gif but I cracked up.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Not sure what's going on in the gif but I cracked up.
    I think his co-star was a little caught off guard by his ranting.

That and it shows how emotionally over saturated the guy is and is shaking like a crackhead. If you watch the video it just gets progressively worse (his shaking).

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

We cannot have these threads without this gif.

No, not just the less intelligent ones.
    The message was clear: The hunt for the alt-right has begun.
    I never got this comparison. Do you really want to return to a time like back when Nazis existed? I'm sure black people and woman would have a word with you.

I thought we were elevated beyond this kind of stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    At the end of the day, I doubt any of these people are going to punch people in the face. However some of their less intelligent fans may take it literal.
    Yes. Fear. We must live in fear at all times!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    The overall message was a good one, but his uncontrollable shaking and then paraphrasing at the end to punch people in the face kind of ruined the whole thing. However the crowd seemed to accept violence as a means to an end with their cheering.

Source: http://www.mrctv.org/videos/2017-scr...me-people-face

Taking the speech out of context to make a point doesn't usually go well. Perhaps link the entire speech and then disagree with the parts you don't like.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Repel bullies" then tells others to punch people in the face. He doesn't get that he is the violence inciting bully.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-01-30 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    Taking the speech out of context to make a point doesn't usually go well. Perhaps link the entire speech and then disagree with the parts you don't like.
    What? The entire video is at the link.

You want me to transcript the entire thing? lol

So can i start punching celebrities in the face then?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

"I don't condone violence.... BUT...." seems to be awfully regular around these days :P

10+ Year Old Account

We cannot have these threads without this gif.

No, not just the less intelligent ones.
    The message was clear: The hunt for the alt-right has begun.
    The problem with that is the "hunters" think anyone right of Chomsky is the "alt-right"
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Who needs Nazi's when we have the alt-right?
    It's not like the Nazi's started an ideology, they aren't the first nor were they the last to promote ultra-nationalism.
    Ok in your post you never actually answered my question.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Punch them in the face" in the context of his speech is an obvious euphemism for "stand up to bullies". How are you people not getting this?
    Eat yo vegetables

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    "Punch them in the face" in the context of his speech is an obvious euphemism for "stand up to bullies". How are you people not getting this?
    If you incite violence because speech hurt your feelings, you're still the bully.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    The problem with that is the "hunters" think anyone right of Chomsky is the "alt-right"
    No the alt-right seem to pretty clearly identify themselves.

Hopefully people don't start thinking that this is going to solve anything, because its not. You don't change minds by punching people in the face, you just make them resentful and feeling justified in obtaining vengeance.

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way but this is a quote from Michiavelli:

“At this point one may note that men must be either pampered or annihilated. They avenge light offenses; they cannot avenge severe ones; hence, the harm one does to a man must be such as to obviate any fear of revenge.”

Now of course I'm not advocating destroying people. I hope we're more complex than that. But the point is that light offenses leave only resentment and cause for grievance. Obviously there are other solutions.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    If you incite violence because speech hurt your feelings, you're still the bully.
    This isn't an incitement of violence. And it has nothing to do with speech hurting someones feelings.

Are you guys robots or something. There's this thing called context....
    Eat yo vegetables

I mean look in this thread, you already have on person that condones violence against words.

That is what I said, some people may take it literal even though it was a paraphrase coming from a Hollywood actor.

I know what he meant, you know what he meant. However one cant dismiss the masses of stupid people who worship their TV.

7+ Year Old Account
    This isn't an incitement of violence. And it has nothing to do with speech hurting someones feelings.

Are you guys robots or something. There's this thing called context....
    "Punch some people in the face" is inciting violence.

Words matter.

This idiot called for the physical assault on those you politically disagree with.

You can try to soften the message, but it is clear to hear.

Words matter.

#EndViolence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    "Punch some people in the face" is inciting violence.
    Beep Bop Boop. Inciting violence. Beep Bop Boop.

Maybe we should have a captcha when posting on these forums?
    Eat yo vegetables