Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are there any exciting Tank trinkets?

My tanks are 890 and 880 equipped. I can't remember the last time (WoD?) either had a trinket that excited me. Some of that is my own bad rng, but how much is even out there to hope for? Short of Archimonde's, which ties up a lego slot, there isn't one I see designed for tanks that could also be fun to use. So I guess that leaves us looking at DPS trinkets like Crystalline Scorpid, Krosus, or Convergence of Fates. I can see the AoE ones being useful for M+. Does anyone know which sims better?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Convergence does not work for tanks. The Krosus DPS trinket only works if you are 20 yards away from the target, so you can't really use it as a tank.

what tank spec do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    what tank spec do you play?
    Prot Pally main and Vengeance alt. I had the pally tank trinket from Archimonde TF to 740 back in the day; it only needed 60% health to do a fair bit of damage and I use to have fun triggering it. Haven't really had anything special since.

I'm currently equipping Echo 870 and Ursoc 885 on my pally, both mostly for stats, and two Darkmoon crafted 865 trinkets on my DH (Immortality & Dominion).

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking the Scorpid is what I want, if it procs enough. That could be good for Prot in M+.

7+ Year Old Account
    A good stat stick is pretty exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Noruego View Post
    A good stat stick is pretty exciting.
    lol ~ Useful maybe, but not much for the fun factor. I'd like to have at least one good trinket with a cool proc.

need trinket that changes your skin.. you know like haste horridon or the icc armor pen trinket

i kinda liked those

No, there are no good tank trinkets in NH. EN has 1, maybe 2 depending on class/spec. Other than the legendary, you are looking for a stat stick/arcanocrystal or the 1 out of EN.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan trinket is balls-out amazing. Esp for your Vengeance DH

Yes it has a downside but... its on use is a global Shield Wall that absorbs around 4mil damage on a 2min CD. That's one thing that VDH sorely lacks, because our big redux CD is single target and does not affect anything that isn't directly cast as us by that target. I've been using it for a few days now, and the healers haven't even noticed the extra damage taken after it wears off (because that is capped at 1.5mil extra damage before fading). What they do notice is that the use has saved my life in OH SHIT moments a bunch of times.

Infernal Contract, look into it. Shit is baller.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Gul'dan trinket is balls-out amazing. Esp for your Vengeance DH

Yes it has a downside but... its on use is a global Shield Wall that absorbs around 4mil damage on a 2min CD. That's one thing that VDH sorely lacks, because our big redux CD is single target and does not affect anything that isn't directly cast as us by that target. I've been using it for a few days now, and the healers haven't even noticed the extra damage taken after it wears off (because that is capped at 1.5mil extra damage before fading). What they do notice is that the use has saved my life in OH SHIT moments a bunch of times.

Infernal Contract, look into it. Shit is baller.
    Please tell me that this post is a troll >>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Please tell me that this post is a troll >>
    It's not. Having actually USED the trinket in a raid setting, I can tell you that it's amazing.

the one from tich that gives leech on use is pretty nifty

especially when M+ has necrotic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    KJ in ToS per the journal in the PTR has a tank debuff that makes the tank not able to be healed by external sources, keep it for that!

Honestly you should always try to have a decent selection of trinkets.
    DH and DKs are gonna scoff at that

Deleted
    As a guardian I have put my loot spec as feral for all of my bonus rolls. I don't want the tank trinkets and some of the dps ones could be nice. (All the relics I can loot as tank but not as cat suck too, so that makes it easier as well). The only 2 raidtrinkets that I want to have and that are on a tank loot table are from Il'gynoth and Guarm, you might also consider the Xavius one. Instead of the Ursoc one, you can run an 815 TW tank trinket and get a very similar benefit, Dragons trinket seems way worse than i.e. Cragshapers Talisman.

Maybe there is some mechanic you can cheese with the cheat death trinket and the Gul'dan one could be decent if used correctly, but I haven't mathed out its maximum HPS value compared to the alternatives, since I haven't seen it drop yet.

Deleted
    While crit isn't great it doesn't sim that much worse for me for any metric than haste (and will be better than haste on a few ST fights damage wise). I get why you would prefer haste, but crit isn't terrible for most tanks either. Granted I don't know which tank you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    As a guardian I have put my loot spec as feral for all of my bonus rolls. I don't want the tank trinkets and some of the dps ones could be nice. (All the relics I can loot as tank but not as cat suck too, so that makes it easier as well). The only 2 raidtrinkets that I want to have and that are on a tank loot table are from Il'gynoth and Guarm, you might also consider the Xavius one. Instead of the Ursoc one, you can run an 815 TW tank trinket and get a very similar benefit, Dragons trinket seems way worse than i.e. Cragshapers Talisman.

Maybe there is some mechanic you can cheese with the cheat death trinket and the Gul'dan one could be decent if used correctly, but I haven't mathed out its maximum HPS value compared to the alternatives, since I haven't seen it drop yet.
    Yeah I am doing some of the same, switching my loot spec back and forth, trying to get higher level relics but prefer the DPS trinkets. I should clarify that the Ursoc trinket I'm using is 885 Ursoc's Rending Paw. I use it for the strength but the proc on it has rarely provided more than 1% of my dps. The TW trinkets got nerfed btw. 

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Yeah I am doing some of the same, switching my loot spec back and forth, trying to get higher level relics but prefer the DPS trinkets. I should clarify that the Ursoc trinket I'm using is 885 Ursoc's Rending Paw. I use it for the strength but the proc on it has rarely provided more than 1% of my dps. The TW trinkets got nerfed btw. 
    I know it was nerfed, it is still a bit better than most versions of the Ursoc tank trinket. I used to use it for tanking the drakes on Cenarius and for any situation were you want armor and your damage is irrelevant, it is still useful just not as strong anymore. Rending Paw is, sadly, terrible as well. You'd probably be better of getting a decent haste statstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    I know it was nerfed, it is still a bit better than most versions of the Ursoc tank trinket. I used to use it for tanking the drakes on Cenarius and for any situation were you want armor and your damage is irrelevant, it is still useful just not as strong anymore. Rending Paw is, sadly, terrible as well. You'd probably be better of getting a decent haste statstick.
    Yeah I know it's terrible. My luck with trinket drops has been truly sad lol. Strength and haste are about equal DPS-wise for pally tanks, and the Ursoc at 885 is the highest item level trinket I have. At least the rest of my gear is better. Trinkets are truly my weakest slots.

Deleted
    The coaguleted nightwell residue is pretty nice. As a warrior you reduce your ip hps for like 5-10 million, but you get back around 10 mill from the trinket. So numbers wise its not really a gain, but you get a very nice 130k-1.3 mill shield to smooth out some spkehits, take an emergency fel scythe without a cd or pair it up with a def cd for more shieldvalue.

10+ Year Old Account
    i havent been excited about a tank trinket since the life giving gem in BWL.
    Hi