Something's been bugging me for a long time (HoV)...

Why does everyone want to kill Hyrja first before Fenryr (the wolf) ? Isn't it better to use the mount back from fenryr in order to use the "speed" after killing Hyrja since you can't use the mount there ?

I feel like the speed's difference between the mount and the buff is negligible that it's worth more to use it after killing Hyrja.

Did I miss something ?!?

Deleted
    Indeed its faster to kill fenryr first since you can mount in that area and hyrja 2nd so you get speed boost to run in area where you cant mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Izi View Post
    Yes, you only get the speed when you have killed both of them.
    You didnt understand what he means.

You get the speed buff after killing both of em but you can only mount in Fenryr area meaning that you would be doing everything faster if you do Fenryr first.

OP is right, and thats the way I do +15 in HoV.

Going Fenryr 1st also makes it impossible in lower level dungeons for people to mount not knowing the speed boost is faster. So in a sense you force people to move quicker.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I just assumed it was so you could use bl on hyrja and skovald

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    Yeah, Hyrja is one of the worst bosses on tyrannical and you definitely want to bloodlust on her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    Literally the reason we do it that way. In heroic it doesn't matter, but in mythic+ maximizing your hero/tw/lust/drums usage is important.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

I see, it's only because of BL's usage. Didn't really think about that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I see, it's only because of BL's usage. Didn't really think about that...
    Save time to save time. Welcome to M+

Apart from that though, the run from Hyrja to the indoors part is much smaller (possibly even less than half the run from Fenrir's cave to the portal), it wouldn't make much of a difference, since the time you spent getting from the boss to the building without the buff is about the same.