Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They do it to increase other drivers desire to be able to call in a missile strike from a MQ-9 Reaper drone to utterly destroy the vehicle and clear the left lane of freeways from slow moving idiot drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    If I'm doing the speed limit in the left lane and you're riding my ass then guess what?

I'm not driving slow ...you're driving fast.
    If you are using the left lane for travel instead of passing, you are breaking the law in many states. If you are traveling in the left lane at a speed "slower than traffic" (including above the speed limit depending on where you live) you are required to move over in almost any other state.

In any case if your speed is lower than that of most drivers on the road, you are impeding the flow of traffic and making the road more dangerous. Depending on your state, you may at least be a legal hazard though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    If you are using the left lane for travel instead of passing, you are breaking the law in many states. If you are traveling in the left lane at a speed "slower than traffic" (including above the speed limit depending on where you live) you are required to move over in almost any other state.

In any case if your speed is lower than that of most drivers on the road, you are impeding the flow of traffic and making the road more dangerous. Depending on your state, you may at least be a legal hazard though.
    Ya.
    In NJ the state police will pull you over if you're in the left lane and not passing vehicles at a "reasonable" rate of speed. (Flying passed them is a no-no)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are terrible terrible people.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post

Oh I wasn't trying to argue the function of the left lane just the principle that meeting the speed limit isn't "driving slow".

And I do recognize the dubious reality of how driving the speed limit can be considered "unsafe" simply because other assholes cant regulate their own speed because that's just the way things are in this blame-game world of ours.

Some road raging assclown tries to pass me in the center lane and causes a wreck and of course hes going to blame me and he might even be able to make a case of it because personal responsibility has been under such assault in this era that things like that have come to make sense.

But I'd laugh my ass all the way into and out of court if some cop gave me a ticket for driving the speed limit.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this left lane you speak of...... *sobs quietly*

99% of all roads in this country are simple two-lane roads with very limited overtaking opportunities due to twisting roads in heavily forested terrain that obscures vision.

You're complaining about people going slow in one lane, well, atleast you have another to choose from. Meanwhile we're stuck behind a lorry or a fucking caravan doing 65 km/h on a road limited to 80 or 100 km/h for tens of KM's because overtaking is impossible

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    But I'd laugh my ass all the way into and out of court if some cop gave me a ticket for driving the speed limit.
    You'd be cited in NJ for "reckless driving" or something similar.
    Two speeds, the speed limit and traffic speed. If you're provoking a dangerous situation then you're liable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would actually like to know how fast is acceptable in the left lane and how long can you stay in that lane? Reason I'm asking is because I got pulled over one time for being in the left lane for too long and I know I wasn't going that slow either I was going around 70-75 mph. Is that too slow? If so then how fast can you go without being pulled over for speeding then because at that time I felt like I was in a damned if you do damned if you don't kind of situation. You go too slow you'll get pulled over for being in the left lane too long and if you go too fast you'll get pulled over for speeding. This is when I wonder what the point of a 50-60 mph speed limit is if you're expected to be doing like 80 mph to pass people.

My friend who was with me at the time and my brother both said they never even heard of someone being pulled over for being in the left lane for too long and my brother even went to say that the cop I had was probably just looking for ANY sort of "trouble". So maybe I was just insanely unlucky? I don't know. Thinking about it though annoys me. Was a really annoying experience because it was like I didn't know anything about driving on the highway at all.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    What is this left lane you speak of...... *sobs quietly*

99% of all roads in this country are simple two-lane roads with very limited overtaking opportunities due to twisting roads in heavily forested terrain that obscures vision.

You're complaining about people going slow in one lane, well, atleast you have another to choose from. Meanwhile we're stuck behind a lorry or a fucking caravan doing 65 km/h on a road limited to 80 or 100 km/h for tens of KM's because overtaking is impossible

Most American cities have 4 to 6 lanes and they are always congested. Here in Florida the farthest left lanes are usually toll lanes or car pool lanes and we still have congestion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    So you think it's ok to put around in the passing lane? When some asshole does that I eventually cut them off and slam on my brakes. Have consideration for other people. If there's someone behind you, get out of the left lane. I really wish American police would ticket those who drive in the left lane.
    People like you are why people have dash cams. I just got once recently and can't wait to install it.

My biggest pet peeve is those who drive for an entire exits worth of highway on the shoulder. Its completely illegal, and very unsafe.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    thats how the SJW protest, they drive in the fast lane, slowly. or they block traffic while protesting and looting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ya.
    In NJ the state police will pull you over if you're in the left lane and not passing vehicles at a "reasonable" rate of speed. (Flying passed them is a no-no)
    True indeed. Ive given up caring, I just sit in the right lane, and I get where I need to, when I do. Im not concerned with speeding and cutting theough traffic anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    I would actually like to know how fast is acceptable in the left lane and how long can you stay in that lane? Reason I'm asking is because I got pulled over one time for being in the left lane for too long and I know I wasn't going that slow either I was going around 70-75 mph. Is that too slow? If so then how fast can you go without being pulled over for speeding then because at that time I felt like I was in a damned if you do damned if you don't kind of situation. You go too slow you'll get pulled over for being in the left lane too long and if you go too fast you'll get pulled over for speeding. This is when I wonder what the point of a 50-60 mph speed limit is if you're expected to be doing like 80 mph to pass people.

My friend who was with me at the time and my brother both said they never even heard of someone being pulled over for being in the left lane for too long and my brother even went to say that the cop I had was probably just looking for ANY sort of "trouble". So maybe I was just insanely unlucky? I don't know. Thinking about it though annoys me. Was a really annoying experience because it was like I didn't know anything about driving on the highway at all.
    You don't use the left lane unless you're passing vehicles. (Typically its an "emergency" lane, for such vehicles) After passing any vehicles, you're supposed to get back in the center or right lane where most of the driving is supposed to be done typical speed limit is within 5 clicks. (If the speed limit is 65 and you're doing 70 you should be fine)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    True indeed. Ive given up caring, I just sit in the right lane, and I get where I need to, when I do. Im not concerned with speeding and cutting theough traffic anymore.
    You get old enough you realize that speeding through traffic, zooming between vehicles is crazy. (A Suzuki Samurai did that between two semi trucks...and got pancaked when the front truck had to hit the brakes)

These days I myself prefer to think of getting from point A to point B quickly...but safely, and in one piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get old enough you realize that speeding through traffic, zooming between vehicles is crazy. (A Suzuki Samurai did that between two semi trucks...and got pancaked when the front truck had to hit the brakes)

These days I myself prefer to think of getting from point A to point B quickly...but safely, and in one piece.
    Absolutely true. Don't get me wrong though, I still like fast cars, and I do like to drive fast. But in most cases, I value my life more than the thrill of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    yeah, 60 - 65 in a 60, 70 - 75 in a 70. I mean that probably annoys some speeders, but when I need to use a eft turn exit and I dont like moving over at the last minute, their concerns are meaningless
    Minimum of 5 mph over is the norm around here under normal conditions. If you're going exactly the speed limit it's kind of obnoxious, especially if you're in the left lane. Personally I always go 5-15 mph over depending on the speed limit (more than 10 mph over only on the freeway). Never been pulled over for speeding. If you're just keeping up with traffic cops will pretty much never pull you over.

One thing that always gets me though is people who ride your ass. That never helps anything. Even if someone is in the left lane when they shouldn't, there's no need to ride their ass. You're only putting yourself in danger and it's just rude.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't use the left lane unless you're passing vehicles. (Typically its an "emergency" lane, for such vehicles) After passing any vehicles, you're supposed to get back in the center or right lane where most of the driving is supposed to be done typical speed limit is within 5 clicks. (If the speed limit is 65 and you're doing 70 you should be fine)
    Yeah and this is what the cop told me but I just never thought this was an actual thing. Whenever I was a passenger in someone else's car on the highway I'd always see people in the left lane and never switch over. I knew the left lane was for passing and that you can't be driving like Miss Daisy but not that you had to pass back over. So I always thought as long as you were going at a reasonable speed and not blocking people you were fine.

Either I never read the driver's manual enough or I was never taught about this left lane business. Either way it was news to me. Live and learn I guess.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

" some people just want to see the world burn"
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Are you passing another car?

If yes, drive in the left lane.
    If no, move right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

People are inconsiderate assholes. There really isn't much more to say.

Two words...
    Cell
    phones