Beware with Whispers in the Dark and OR Erratic Metronome (Frost Mage and others)

There is a point where your spells during Hero/IV/5 stacks of Metronome/Whispers proc are all literally fucking instant casts. If you are not careful, you will completely fuck your rotation by hard casting Flurrys or casting non-FOF procs.

You have been warned!! lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    There is a point where your spells during Hero/IV/5 stacks of Metronome/Whispers proc are all literally fucking instant casts. If you are not careful, you will completely fuck your rotation by hard casting Flurrys or casting non-FOF procs.

U still have 1s gcd so no, not rly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Omg you're so insensitive, what about people with 1k ms?????

XD

Already noticed this with just the whispers trink and now recently got fire 4p.

It can mess up rotations.

fyi my ms is 20 or so
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Actually, if I remember, Mages are not a GCD locked Class, and thus can get to a .75 GCD with 100% haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Actually, if I remember, Mages are not a GCD locked Class, and thus can get to a .75 GCD with 100% haste.
    U mistake mages for spriesta i think :d

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post

Everything you named up here is still much lower than the haste levels Arcane mages could get to early this expansion and things were easily manageable. IMO your post was simply to inform the community that you have yourself those 2 trinkets.

You guys seem to forget that we had no trouble getting over 250% haste with quickening... Following your statement of having 0.75 sec GCDs at 100% haste, I can assure you that with 250% haste I was not at 0.75 sec GCD.
    Last edited by Solidpat; 2017-02-02 at 02:03 AM.

Deleted
    well, if you're fire and get all this haste, you could just spam pyroblast, it isnt really a problem for fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidpat View Post
    Everything you named up here is still much lower than the haste levels Arcane mages could get to early this expansion and things were easily manageable. IMO your post was simply to inform the community that you have yourself those 2 trinkets.

You guys seem to forget that we had no trouble getting over 250% haste with quickening... Following your statement of having 0.75 sec GCDs at 100% haste, I can assure you that with 250% haste I was not at 0.75 sec GCD.
    I can assure you that you were at 0.75 sec GCD with 250% haste. Since you know, you only need 100% haste to half your GCD from the base 1.5s to the minimum 0.75s.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    this is correct

Funny, I just posted about this...I'm running into issues of Hard-casting too many Pyros when I am spam pressing the next spell in my rotation.

I have 20% haste at 890 ilvl and Whispers and Mage 4 PC...To solve during Combustion I strafe side to side while pre-casting to avoid accidentally hard-casting. That said, is that all you can do, or should we be hard-casting Pyros outside of Combustion with both Whispers and 4 PC up?

Certainly is an annoying problem...You want the power of the trinket, but you don't want to be messing up your rotation because of the absurd amount of haste/cast speed reduction you can get randomly.

I recently got fire 4pc + metronome + whispers and have had to adjust how I execute my combustion phase with lust up. If you spam jump during combustion you don't run into this issue. Takes a bit of practice to get use to but it's not very hard.