Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Don't worry, there won't be "republicans" and "democrats" for long. President Bannon will make sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Well I am fearful that even if Price has the right idea, it wouldn't mean that he'd sell out the american people and integrity of the department for money.

But I am actually interested to hear, what conservative ideals would you like to see implemented into the health and human services?
    More choice and competition, and less red tape. That would be a great start.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Don't worry, there won't be "republicans" and "democrats" for long. President Bannon will make sure of that.
    /thread.
    We are seeing the overtures to a Fascist dictatorship, and half the people here are applauding the perpetrators because they call themselves Conservatives and either don't live in the US or never worked a day in their lives.

If they wont confirm someone just shut down that department. Since Congress doesn't seem to want someone to lead the department then it must not really be that important.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    More choice and competition, and less red tape. That would be a great start.
    And you'd trust this to a man that has a history of being corrupt in regards of fairness of competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    /thread.
    We are seeing the overtures to a Fascist dictatorship, and half the people here are applauding the perpetrators because they call themselves Conservatives and either don't live in the US or never worked a day in their lives.
    I applaud when they do things right, and call them out when they don't. I'm not a mindless Democrat drone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    And you'd trust this to a man that has a history of being corrupt in regards of fairness of competition?
    Significantly more so than most.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Significantly more so than most.
    Well I guess that is true for most things. But I honestly I find it somewhat curious that you wouldn't have a larger objection to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Then explain to me why the left continues to get annihilated election after election? It's not that the country has suddenly become more white. The best thing about it is people like you who don't even see the changes to the party and continue to defend them while the moderates have turned their heads.
    You stupidly claim that I'm not seeing changes in the party but then make the utter outrageous claim that the gop isn't much different today from Reagan...thereby reinforcing my comment that you are definitely politically ignorant.
    Wtf did you asinine right-wingers bitch about for the past 8 years..? Some shitty myth of a half-black commie/fascist (nice trick on that spin) muslim Kenyan terrorist that became president...The utter stupidity was blinding. And it continues to blind...those same right-wing shit-flingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You stupidly claim that I'm not seeing changes in the party but then make the utter outrageous claim that the gop isn't much different today from Reagan...thereby reinforcing my comment that you are definitely politically ignorant.
    Wtf did you asinine right-wingers bitch about for the past 8 years..? Some shitty myth of a half-black commie/fascist (nice trick on that spin) muslim Kenyan terrorist that became president...The utter stupidity was blinding. And it continues to blind...those same right-wing shit-flingers.
    Ok keep that losing spirit. It's about policy, and people don't vote on the personal stuff. I keep seeing "wait until Trump is impeached" or my favorite "Wait until 2018 and we will take back the house and senate." Much more likely that the GOP gains seats at this point thanks to all the crazies on the left who protest by destroying other peoples stuff. Keep living that pipe dream though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Except it didn't. It screwed over a lot of people it's collapsing the healthcare system in America and although it has provided insurance for people it's terrible insurance.

So no Obamacare was a disaster.
    That's the point, the Republican party didn't collapse from it despite saving lives.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    It's important to understand that two political groups are currently using the divide between them to push things they wouldn't - and shouldn't - normally do.
    You have that exactly backwards. They are using the divide to avoid passing things they can't normally be openly against, and have been for 8 years and counting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Except it didn't. It screwed over a lot of people it's collapsing the healthcare system in America and although it has provided insurance for people it's terrible insurance.

So no Obamacare was a disaster.
    It's fake insurance. If you are paying high premiums, with high deductibles, you can't even use it, unless you get cancer or something. It used to be legal to have catastrophic only coverage. It had similar deductibles, yet the premium was a fraction of these policies. These are what Obama called "sham policies", yet this is exactly what the exchange policies are.

The one issue about obstruction on the Democrats behalf hits a snag when you get to government shut down territory.

The Democrats are primarily the party of large federal government with aggressive oversight. Republicans have turned into the party of small federal government as a backstop for emergencies only.

Granted this is a simplification of ideology but the generalization stands.

The Republicans got away, with their base anyway, with government shut downs because their average voter wants government to shut down and get out the way. This is true if you are talking about Joe Dirt farmer in Kansas or the banker playing the stock market, but for different reasons and supporting ideology.

Democrats, I think, wouldn't get away with a government shut down though because what most of their base wants is government intervention and application of regulatory force in society for the relief of "injustice", be it racial, social, economic or environmental.

Tell me would the Democratic base be happy with the Democrats if they pushed for a government shut down, say over the debt limit, and the government had to pay for itself on receipts only, but instead of National Parks being shut down, like in the Obama administration, Trump shuts down the EPA, NLRB, FCC, Department of Education or another "traditionally" progressive aligned government departments as "non-essential government services".

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...rkers-are-ind/

He can sit there and smile, as the progressive base loses its mind, while the Republicans can tell the rest of the country they are protecting essential services and the bulk of the country wouldn't even feel the effects in their day to day life.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post

It really doesn't if you think about it for more than a second. The republicans are of course in favor of large government it's just their in favor of larger government for their interests then everyone elses. To suggest they're in favor of smaller governments after propagating war and back door bailouts of wall street is rather rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, I'd like to point out the irony of complaining about opposition in the first few weeks of a Presidency, when the Republicans have essentially been refusing to play ball for the last 8 years, for the most part. Remember when they refused to even consider Garland for the SCOTUS position, even though Garland was a moderate who'd been lauded by both political sides during his career?

Frankly, if the Democrats didn't return in kind, that would be a losing strategy. This isn't about winning in the short term, it's about doing everything you can to oppose the rubber-stamp behaviour and bring the Republicans towards the middle, where something can actually get done. "Compromise" doesn't mean you get your way. It means NEITHER of you get your way. You get a solution you're both equally unhappy with.

Complaining when you try to push a highly partisan agenda and don't get support from the opposition is ridiculous. You want their support? Compromise.*
    Let's not forget, the Repubs actually signed a PLEDGE to be obstructionist.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It really doesn't if you think about it for more than a second. The republicans are of course in favor of large government it's just their in favor of larger government for their interests then everyone elses. To suggest they're in favor of smaller governments after propagating war and back door bailouts of wall street is rather rich.
    That was the republican party in 2001-2008. That party doesn't exist anymore expect in the maligned "establishment".

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ilding_efforts

While President George W. Bush was perhaps the most aggressive proponent of nation building with his administration's efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, Republicans (62%) are even stronger opponents than Democrats (45%) and voters not affiliated with either major political party (53%) of continuing this policy.
    The bank bail out however was bipartisan, though more Democrats voted for it than Republicans ( http://www.politifact.com/oregon/sta...emocrats-vote/ ) by quite a large number.

As for polls neither sides base is approving of the bail outs; left hates it because it helped the banks who caused the crisis, the right hates it because it didn't help the middle class.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the republican party in 2001-2008. That party doesn't exist anymore expect in the maligned "establishment".

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ilding_efforts

The bank bail out however was bipartisan, though more Democrats voted for it than Republicans ( http://www.politifact.com/oregon/sta...emocrats-vote/ ) by quite a large number.

As for polls neither sides base is approving of the bail outs; left hates it because it helped the banks who caused the crisis, the right hates it because it didn't help the middle class.
    Excuse me I said the back boor bailout. Paulsons bail out. That was entirely 100% republican.

Can you people make one fuckign argument that isn't hey dems are worse! You made the argument that republicans were small government republicans. It's a fucking lie and always has been and still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Can you people make one fuckign argument that isn't hey dems are worse!
    My argument in my original post was the Democrats base is not like the Republican base and will not allow a serious test of obstructionism, like a government shut down, because the progressive style of governance is about application of government force to fight injustice. Remove that force, such in a government shut down, and you will anger your base more. The Republican base wants to blow the entire Federal government down to gravel.

No where in my argument did I say that "Dems are evil!!!".

Here let me quote my own post so you can have a second chance to read it, rather than take one line and warp it into your own paranoid nonsense about anyone who has a different opinion than you do.

The one issue about obstruction on the Democrats behalf hits a snag when you get to government shut down territory.

The Democrats are primarily the party of large federal government with aggressive oversight. Republicans have turned into the party of small federal government as a backstop for emergencies only.

The Republicans got away, with their base anyway, with government shut downs because their average voter wants government to shut down and get out the way. This is true if you are talking about Joe Dirt farmer in Kansas or the banker playing the stock market, but for different reasons and supporting ideology.

Democrats, I think, wouldn't get away with a government shut down though because what most of their base wants is government intervention and application of regulatory force in society for the relief of "injustice", be it racial, social, economic or environmental.

Tell me would the Democratic base be happy with the Democrats if they pushed for a government shut down, say over the debt limit, and the government had to pay for itself on receipts only, but instead of National Parks being shut down, like in the Obama administration, Trump shuts down the EPA, NLRB, FCC, Department of Education or another "traditionally" progressive aligned government departments as "non-essential government services".

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...rkers-are-ind/

He can sit there and smile, as the progressive base loses its mind, while the Republicans can tell the rest of the country they are protecting essential services and the bulk of the country wouldn't even feel the effects in their day to day life.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Republicans were obstructionist for the last eight years and it seemed to work fine for them....shrug.
    If by "work fine" you mean basically do nothing or merely delay the inevitable?

The country has responded to what's happened by voting an enormous number of Democrats out of office. It's not just the one federal election people keep talking about. It's thousands of elections.

My argument in my original post was the Democrats base is not like the Republican base and will not allow a serious test of obstructionism, like a government shut down, because the progressive style of governance is about application of government force to fight injustice. Remove that force, such in a government shut down, and you will anger your base more. The Republican base wants to blow the entire Federal government down to gravel.

Nowhere in my argument did I say that "Dems are evil!!!".

Here let me quote my own post so you can have a second chance to read it, rather than take one line and warp it into your own paranoid nonsense about anyone who has a different opinion than you do.
    Not true.

Most, if not all, major political movements ( in the past 100 years in the US) were "progressive".

Few started with such a massive outpouring of civil displeasure as we've seen the past two weeks.

Democrat politicians BETTER get on board and obstruct everything they can, or they will be cast aside.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    If by "work fine" you mean basically do nothing or merely delay the inevitable?
    By "work fine" I mean they acted like kindergardeners throwing a tantrum for the last 8 years instead of actually doing their jobs and reaching across the aisle to come to a reasonable compromise. Instead of the US voters being repulsed by their behavior, the GOP was rewarded with majority seats in the House and Senate and now have the executive office.

So indeed, it seemed to work fine for them. Apparently this is the new state of US politics, getting nothing done because of partisanism.