Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Really...remember how the world reacted when your government was shut down last time?

Backbone means doing the job: Debate, discussion, voting. If the democrats are not capable of that they will be destroyed and painted as radicals.

I was hoping that as well. I would consider that the best possible outcome. But it seems the crazies demand everything be stopped. Regardless of damage.
    "Do as we say, not as we do," is one of the Republican mottoes apparently, along with "We want small government, except when we want big government to implement everything we want."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    This seems to be a good place as any to ask those of you who are American about something concerning your current mess.
    At the moment you have Trump (and yes he is a dick and Hillary is a twat, I like neither) and he is creating a right old stink and lost of people are pissed, worried, scared and so on but lets just say he gets impeached (or dies, natural causes or via some muppet with a gun) you are now left with Mike Pence who will then become president.
    My question is are you guys not afraid of that actually happening?
    I mean the stuff I read about Mike Pence makes Donald look like a choir boy (okay well not really), this guys is a borderline religious fanatic, loathes LBGT hell he is the fucker that created that religious law in his state that allows shops and such to bar LBGT, he is so far up the Koch brothers pockets that he is convinced he can see god. He is extremly hardline against abortion. He has said publicly, “I long for the day that Roe v. Wade is sent to the ash heap of history.”
    Honestly the more I find about this guy the more I am starting to be convinced that Trump is the actual moderate of the 2.
    There is no good answer here.

Politics have become increasingly heated in my adult years. I almost wonder if I'm going to live to see a civil war. The electoral college allowed the voice of 2 million people to go unheeded and they are angry. We have a minimum of two years before we can realistically do anything about it, and even then it's still just a game of doing the best you can to block the great amount of damage Trump and the republicans intend to do to our government, economy, and the greater global community.

Impeaching isn't something to be taken likely. To do it just because you don't like him would be just as legitimate as tossing off Pence too. And do you think there would be no repercussions of that? There has already been a rise in far right militias in our nation, that might be the spark to get them to take some some more action than that terrorist act in a largely unpopulated park.

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    This seems to be a good place as any to ask those of you who are American about something concerning your current mess.
    At the moment you have Trump (and yes he is a dick and Hillary is a twat, I like neither) and he is creating a right old stink and lost of people are pissed, worried, scared and so on but lets just say he gets impeached (or dies, natural causes or via some muppet with a gun) you are now left with Mike Pence who will then become president.
    My question is are you guys not afraid of that actually happening?
    I mean the stuff I read about Mike Pence makes Donald look like a choir boy (okay well not really), this guys is a borderline religious fanatic, loathes LBGT hell he is the fucker that created that religious law in his state that allows shops and such to bar LBGT, he is so far up the Koch brothers pockets that he is convinced he can see god. He is extremly hardline against abortion. He has said publicly, “I long for the day that Roe v. Wade is sent to the ash heap of history.”
    Honestly the more I find about this guy the more I am starting to be convinced that Trump is the actual moderate of the 2.
    "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't"

Ideologically Mike Pence is worse, but he's at least predictable. Donald Trump has that "wild card" potential for disaster. Mike Pence has entrenched beliefs in the regular GOP crazy while Donald Trump is suggestible and will believe in conspiracy theories.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2017-02-02 at 12:54 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Do as we say, not as we do," is one of the Republican mottoes apparently, along with "We want small government, except when we want big government to implement everything we want."
    Or rather force a compromise? I know that word hasn't existed in Washington in a long time, but it should.

If you obstruct everything there won't be any compromise.

Or rather force a compromise? I know that word hasn't existed in Washington in a long time, but it should.

The GOP has spent near 20 years now making a joke out of the Democrats on "compromise". They take and take and the Democrats keep jerking themselves off about high minded ideals.

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, "We get to obstruct for 8 years, and we will defend it every single time, but now that we want to pass stuff, you have to compromise!"

Okay.

As I said, "Do as we say, not as we do!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I mean I haven't forgotten how the GOP "compromised" on the Sequester.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The GOP has spent near 20 years now making a joke out of the Democrats on "compromise". They take and take and the Democrats keep jerking themselves off about high minded ideals.
    Yeah, pretty much. Dems have been playing nice for too long and as you say, fellating themselves to their moral superiority. Time to drop that moral superiority and play by the same rules as Republicans.

And of course we have the usual suspects who defended every single idiotic obstruction under Dems trying to pass stuff are now demanding "compromise", even though they don't really want compromise, they just want to pass everything they want to pass without obstruction or even criticism. Essentially, they just want single party rule. Anything less is "losing".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Amazing ability to say that without the slightest hint at irony...

Craven and utterly shameless hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-02-02 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    There is no good answer here.

Politics have become increasingly heated in my adult years. I almost wonder if I'm going to live to see a civil war. The electoral college allowed the voice of 2 million people to go unheeded and they are angry. We have a minimum of two years before we can realistically do anything about it, and even then it's still just a game of doing the best you can to block the great amount of damage Trump and the republicans intend to do to our government, economy, and the greater global community.

Impeaching isn't something to be taken likely. To do it just because you don't like him would be just as legitimate as tossing off Pence too. And do you think there would be no repercussions of that? There has already been a rise in far right militias in our nation, that might be the spark to get them to take some some more action than that terrorist act in a largely unpopulated park.
    The reason why I asked is that all the news reporting and the like over the last few days are all about look at what he has done now and he needs to go and to my eyes at least it seems that the general public hasn't gotten a clue on how bad Pence is and or can be, I was serious when I said he makes Trump look like a moderate.

As someone from the EU I have witnessed changes in politics over the last decade or so here, the largest of that being the rise of the right and the far right.
    Now we have here a very bad history with regards to far right hell your lot got sucked into it also during WWII and this has kept the lid on it going to far right but alas politicians all over the EU have been cranking up the heat more and more by open borders, unfair taxes, laws being implemented by non elected politicians in Brussels and well the first cracks are now here with Brexit being a reality, France, The Netherlands and Germany will see far right parties either in government or have such and increase in members that they will have be listned to instead of ignored.

When you mention civil war we here in Europe know where that can lead in more ways then one, just look at our history.
    Compared to us in Europe the US has never known war, you had 1 civil war and that was 150 years ago for quite a few of us this has happened during our lifetime.
    If this should happen to you then may god help you because the casualties will be in the millions.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Regardless of what you think of Trump there's a real damned risk this whole game is going to explode in the face of the Democrats. If you don't pass things you don't have any accomplishments and people will string you up for that.
    Bullshit. The Republicans just got done with eight years of this, including refusing to so much as give the courtesy of a hearing to a Supreme Court nominee for a year. They were rewarded with the presidency and maintained control of both houses of Congress.

The system is broken, period. They may as well use that to their advantage. The Republicans are going to shut down their avenues to block? Then who the hell cares if those avenues exist? Might as well use them while they're there.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Filibustering is dirty politics?
    Well, not dirty as such. But it is a bit childish, to be fair. They don't even have to stay on topic, for god's sake. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Oh but we do.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...oval-6179.html

His job approval is steadily increasing, despite having started as the most widely hated president in history.

People aren't swayed by a hypocritical argument, especially with politicians. We EXPECT politicians to lie their asses to us.
    For some reason I have an instant distrust of a website calling itself "realclearpolitics.com" It reeks of anything but real and clear politics. Btw, expecting a politician to lie to us is not the way to go. Unless you want pathological liars as Presidents. Oh, look... it happened!

Btw, I remember a time when Romanians didn't approve of dirty politicians... what was the chap's name. Ceaucescu? Seems times have changed down there.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a non-American if we have to go through another Federal Government shutdown with the world economy tethering on the brink because of America's insane partisanship we'll start chucking bricks in your faces, and by we I mean the rest of the world.
    No, and by "you" I mean Romania, can literally sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up, because you and I mean "Romania" won't do shit. Your own government just legalized their own corruption. Go throw stones at your own glass house.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I have an instant distrust of a website calling itself "realclearpolitics.com" It reeks of anything but real and clear politics. Btw, expecting a politician to lie to us is not the way to go. Unless you want pathological liars as Presidents. Oh, look... it happened!

Btw, I remember a time when Romanians didn't approve of dirty politicians... what was the chap's name. Ceaucescu? Seems times have changed down there.
    1) RCP is a poll aggregator, nothing more.
    2) Every politician lies, manipulates and misinforms.
    3) Seems you've missed the fact 300.000 are out on the streets, so not we don't approve but Romanian politics are not the simple.

I generally don't believe the right has moved that much since the Reagan era. Outside of some Tea Party stuff that has pretty much blown over now, the right has remained the same principally with exception of some specific issues like Legal Weed.

The Democrats, on the other hand have seemed to go off the deep end way to the left. Immigration enforcement, LGBT, social justice, Military Strength, PC culture, were all areas the progressives have moved the party left on. It is hurting them dramatically.

As a non-American if we have to go through another Federal Government shutdown with the world economy tethering on the brink because of America's insane partisanship we'll start chucking bricks in your faces, and by we I mean the rest of the world.
    Can Romania afford to waste bricks, at this point? Let's be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    In general, The rest of the world did see Clinton as a better choice... just not necessarily a good choice.
    No, we didn't. Your idea about the "rest of the world" is filtered through liberal controlled media lying out of their asses. Taking it as the voice of the rest of the world is like assuming that CNN spoke for all of the US when it predicted overwhelming victory for Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Whose lives are "on the line" here, as far as I've seen nothing that the Trump administration has done where they signed an execution warrant for anyone?
    Everyone on the ACA for starters.

You get that this shit actually MATTERS, right? Like, this isn't a football game?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Republicans were obstructionist for the last eight years and it seemed to work fine for them....shrug.
    what ^^ he said

It's not as if the GoP would never be above doing the same thing if roles were reversed...

Oh wait...