Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PETA wants Warhammer characters to stop wearing fur.

http://www.pcgamer.com/peta-wants-wa...ring-furs-now/

I find it hilarious that of all the extreme suffering and violence that takes place in the Warhammer 40k universe, these people have decided that the wearing of fur is of the most importance. This is a fictional universe where planetary extermination is commonplace, as well as slavery, genocide, religious extremism and every kind of nasty grim thing you can possibly imagine, even if you could argue that a fictional universe is damaging to society, the fur trade would be very low on the list of bad shit in the franchise.

Suppose I shouldn't be surprised by these people anymore.

Edit: Only just noticed there is another thread on this. My bad, please delete mods.

Haha yeah, in a grimdark universe where there is only war they deside to pick on that.

And yeah we did have a thread before but still funny to see again

I want my girlfriend to swallow every time, but we can't all get what we want

Peta are beyond stupid and hypocritical.

Think pc gamer said it quite well to.

It is literally about a grimdark future in which "there is only war," and they're not screwing around when they say so: The Horus heresy resulted in the deaths of 2.3 trillion innocent men, women and children, and 1000 human Psykers are ritually sacrificed every day to nourish the God-Emperor of Mankind. I'd say that by comparison, accessorizing with rat fur seems like a relatively minor transgression.

Everytime I hear of PETA, I want to go eat a burger and hotdog.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, they should be wearing the Skins of Xenos instead.

FOR THE EMPEROR!

And we want PETA to cease existing... alas, you cannot have everything in life.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Nobody cares what PETA thinks. Just tell them it's due of the animals who died in PETA's kill shelters.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Aside from me disagreeing with their opinion, im curious why they went after Warhammer specifically. Animal cruelty, leatherworking, skinning and fur can be found in a ton of fictional universes, it seems like a lot of effort to single out specific ones. And while i love Warhammer, im quite sure theres more popular fiction with animal cruelty out there to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonite View Post
    Aside from me disagreeing with their opinion, im curious why they went after Warhammer specifically. Animal cruelty, leatherworking, skinning and fur can be found in a ton of fictional universes, it seems like a lot of effort to single out specific ones. And while i love Warhammer, im quite sure theres more popular fiction with animal cruelty out there to complain about.
    Warhammer is quite a famous franchise and PETA just wants to try to stay relevant. Plus I think they already went after Blizzard and other big name studios.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised nobody has blamed liberals in here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has blamed liberals in here yet.
    Hating PETA is something everyone can agree on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Haha yeah, in a grimdark universe where there is only war they deside to pick on that.

And yeah we did have a thread before but still funny to see again
    Orks and Demons wearing human skulls and jaws as armour decorations and trophies = ok.
    Space Marines wearing fur coats = heinous crime.

Yeah, it makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Think pc gamer said it quite well to.

It is literally about a grimdark future in which "there is only war," and they're not screwing around when they say so: The Horus heresy resulted in the deaths of 2.3 trillion innocent men, women and children, and 1000 human Psykers are ritually sacrificed every day to nourish the God-Emperor of Mankind. I'd say that by comparison, accessorizing with rat fur seems like a relatively minor transgression.
    Fur coats = vanity = Slaanesh worship.

I think PETA is on to something... they might be smarter than they sound!
    Last edited by mmoc438dc94cad; 2017-02-02 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Orks and Demons wearing human skulls and jaws as armour decorations and trophies = ok.
    Space Marines wearing fur coats = heinous crime.

Yeah, it makes sense...
    Haha indeed, chaos also use human flesh/skin as nice capes and cloth also orks wear dead tyranids as fashion etc, think of them bugs.

Surely peta must understand that this only makes people take them less serious.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-02 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Hating PETA is something everyone can agree on.
    I find it hard to find any type or even the slightest connection to them and I love animals.

I even try to avoid killing insects much as I can because it feels wrong, rather capture them and let them outside.

They are simply not normal in any sense of the word, at least those that are vocal.

Deleted
    Whats more Grimdark, the 40k universe, or a "charity" that kills the majority of animals that it saves?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Easily the stupidest shit I've heard all day 10/10

Well, I giggled. Thanks PETA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Peta wants warhammer to stop having characters wearing fur

I want these bunch of animal murderers because of their agenda to stop existing.

We can't all get what we want now can we.