Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    It's like two clicks and an index list of 11 people or so.
    Sounds like too much work. If I were the one making a list, I'd be like:

Added Transformers. It was complete garbage and if I owned the blue-ray I'd give it the Office Space printer treatment.

Updated list:

Quote Originally Posted by karzal View Post
    Let's give it a go (again, again):

1. John Wick: Chapter Two | 8.6/10 |
    2. Baby Driver | 8.5/10 |
    3. Logan | 8.4/10 |
    4. Wonder Woman | 8.2/10 |
    5. Kong: Skull Island | 8.1/10 |
    6. The Mummy | 8/10 |
    7. The Zookeeper's Wife | 7.8/10 |
    8. The Lost City of Z | 7.6/10 |
    9. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2 | 7.4/10 |
    10. Baywatch | 7.4/10 |
    20837403274023843082934972437947234. Transformers 0/10

Mah full Watchlist: http://www.imdb.com/user/ur31704080/watchlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    [B]Top 10 of 2017 (So Far):

10. Kong: Skull Island
    (7/10)

What on earth... I have to question the sanity of people here now.

This was honestly one of the worst movies I've seen, and definitely the worst movie of 2017 so far. It reminded me of that abomination of a movie called "2012" in that absolutely nothing made sense and all characters were unfathomably stupid and unlikeable.

I can't remember any other movie which I haven't finished watching, hell, I even made it through "2012"! But I couldn't stomach more than about 3/4 of Kong before I had to turn it off to save my sanity. Usually you can turn off your brain, ignore the plot holes and the shoddy science, and still enjoy the blockbuster popcorn movies, but turning off your brain to such a degree that you could enjoy Kong would probably land you in a coma.

Everything and everyone in this movie is utterly idiotic and the plot holes are about the size of a massive black hole, it just makes you wanna scream "WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT YOU MORONs?!" and "IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!". I haven't even yet mentioned the constant use of slow motion footage in any and all situations that make no sense at all.

It kinda sets the tone for the whole movie when quite early on there's very clearly 3 helicopters on their ship and in the next shot there's about a dozen of them flying through some magical storm. Like what the hell they couldn't even get that tiny detail right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post

This was honestly one of the worst movies I've seen, and definitely the worst movie of 2017 so far. It reminded me of that abomination of a movie called "2012" in that absolutely nothing made sense and all characters were unfathomably stupid and unlikeable.

*snip*
    I think all of that can be solved by saying a fun movie doesn't neccesarily have to be good. Sometimes one just needs to wind down and watch a horribly acted cgi spectacle.

snip
    That's a matter of opinion. I wasn't too bothered by those points, and I enjoyed the style, island and monsters enough to find it an enjoyable time.

I like 2012. I watch it every time it comes on TV. I also like watching the world and millions... check that, billions of people dying. So yeah, watching Cusack be some "hero" is... lol I liked shit getting annihilated. Like The Day After Tomorrow, when Quaid rambles off some scientific stuff and has his dumb as shit look on his face like "was that even close to what I was suppose to say?" and the director sitting there like... "that's... fuck it, that's probably the best we can do, fuck you Jeff Goldblum for not taking this role."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    1. John Wick 2 (9/10)
    2. Logan (8.5/10)
    3. Baby Driver: (8/10)
    3. CHiPs (8/10)
    5. Split (7.5/10)
    5. Spiderman: Homecoming (7.5/10)
    7. Kong: Skull Island (7/10)
    7. Life (7/10)
    7. Alien Covenant (7/10)
    7. Get Out (7/10)
    7. Resident Evil:The Final Chapter (7/10)

I've only seen Split so far, but there is no way John Wick doesn't make me orgasm in the theater.

all the 7/10s ranked in order of my liking them. I felt they were all better than average, but not quite calling them good as they were all flawed, yet not really enough to push up or down, yet still in some ranking order.
    Did not add Wonder Woman. Did. NOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I like 2012. I watch it every time it comes on TV. I also like watching the world and millions... check that, billions of people dying. So yeah, watching Cusack be some "hero" is... lol I liked shit getting annihilated. Like The Day After Tomorrow, when Quaid rambles off some scientific stuff and has his dumb as shit look on his face like "was that even close to what I was suppose to say?" and the director sitting there like... "that's... fuck it, that's probably the best we can do, fuck you Jeff Goldblum for not taking this role."

- - - Updated - - -

Did not add Wonder Woman. Did. NOT.
    Okay, I haven't seen WW, but is it...really worse than Res Evil 6? I mean don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the Res Evil movies as braindead entertainment, but even by that standard I thought Final Chapter was kinda lacking...

Well not 10 but here is my listing from what I can think of so far.

Kong: Skull Island
    John Wick 2
    Logan
    Life

Only watched 13 movies so far from 2017 so I'll just list those instead, while bolding the memorable ones

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
    Fifty Shades Darker
    The Great Wall
    Logan
    Kong:Skull Island
    Beauty and the Beast
    Ghost in the Shell
    The Lost City of Z
    The Circle
    Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
    Wonder Woman
    Transformers: The Last Knight
    The Mummy

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Okay, I haven't seen WW, but is it...really worse than Res Evil 6? I mean don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the Res Evil movies as braindead entertainment, but even by that standard I thought Final Chapter was kinda lacking...
    RE kept me entertained. In retro, 7/10 is probably a little too high, but WW just... I wanted to like it. I like Gal, she's a smoke show. I don't really like period pieces all that much, so the first Cap A movie is near the bottom of my list. Thor/Cap did a much, much better job of the "I'm out of place" element.

RE kept me entertained. In retro, 7/10 is probably a little too high, but WW just... I wanted to like it. I like Gal, she's a smoke show. I don't really like period pieces all that much, so the first Cap A movie is near the bottom of my list. Thor/Cap did a much, much better job of the "I'm out of place" element.
    Res Evil 6 wasn't keeping me entertained enough. The editing was so choppy and full of cuts and shaky cam that it kept taking away from my enjoyment cause I was trying to figure out what the fuck I was watching. Then add that like half the movie takes place in darkness where it's hard to see anyways and I just found it all too distracting.

As for Gal, she's not my type. Never found her attractive in the F&F movies, and don't in WW either. Not saying she's ugly or anything like that, but she's not appealing to me personally. Also never been a WW fan at all, which is why I didn't see the movie. I dunno what it is, there are tons of characters I read and follow, but I have literally never once had any interest in WW whatsoever. WW centric episodes/arcs were always among my least favorite JLA episodes/arcs too and they did WW well.

And yeah, the first Cap movie was not one of Marvel's finest moments for me, either.

I have decided to participate in the thread and made my own list!

Turns out I only saw 6 movies total that came out in 2017. And I feel like I went to the movie theaters so often, too...I guess I'm not that much of a movie buff. I guess I'll try to stream some movies to fill my list in some more...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'll try to stream some movies to fill my list in some more...
    That's what I did, I feel like it has been a very light movie theater year for me. John Wick a couple times, Baywatch. I have a date on Saturday to see the new Apes movie, but otherwise I went on a streaming binge to catch up.

- - - Updated - - -

half the movie takes place in darkness where it's hard to see anyways
    This is why I don't like the first Pitch Black movie.

This is why I don't like the first Pitch Black movie.
    The thing is though...the first Pitch Black, despite taking place in darkness, was actually lit in such as way that it was not hard to follow what was happening on screen. Res Evil...kinda didn't, and even when it did, shaky cam and quick cuts ruined it.

The thing is though...the first Pitch Black, despite taking place in darkness, was actually lit in such as way that it was not hard to follow what was happening on screen.
    I watched a cam, I think I need to go back and give it a legit viewing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Added Spider Man: Homecoming, which has resulted in Baywatch being moved out of the top 10 list. I also watched The Boss Baby, but it wasn't good enough (in my opinion) for my list. I will also watch Ghost in the Shell tonight, but I have a good feeling that it won't be part of my top 10 list either.

Added War for the Planet of the Apes. Kong: Skull Island has moved out of the top ten list, replacing one monkey movie with another.

Adding my first two 2017 films to the list. I watched War for the Planet of the Apes (6+/10) two days ago, and Dunkirk (8/10) today.

Can you guys quote your updated list when you add stuff to them? Because you post saying that you added a movie, but be honest, how many people do you think are going to go back to the OP and search for your post by index?
    I usually add my rating in parenthesis when posting an update, but perhaps you'd rather like to see it in context of the list.

Turns out I only saw 6 movies total that came out in 2017. And I feel like I went to the movie theaters so often, too...I guess I'm not that much of a movie buff. I guess I'll try to stream some movies to fill my list in some more...
    Just because you haven't seen that many 2017 films this year, doesn't mean you haven't watched that many films in in general this year, though. I felt like I didn't update my list in last year's thread particularly often, but I actually watched almost 400 films last year. The vast majority of them weren't from last year, though, as you can imagine. (Psst, Okja is available on Netflix if you want to watch more 2017 films.)

Added Dunkirk. Ghost in the Shell has moved out of the top ten list.

And yeah, new top movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Adding my first two 2017 films to the list. I watched War for the Planet of the Apes (6+/10) two days ago, and Dunkirk (8/10) today.
    Still looks like just your watchlist to me.

I had some issues with the formatting, but it's there now.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, isn't Dunkirk supposed to premiere in Denmark tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    I had some issues with the formatting, but it's there now.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, isn't Dunkirk supposed to premiere in Denmark tomorrow?
    Correct, but there were a few screenings today.