Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You mean that no one would attack you ? Congratulations

You might notice that no one attacked you over Iraq too. It was still a grievous error.
    Oh no you mean the rest of the world might look condescendingly down their noses at us God help us all.

I mean this is an exactly new shit you guys are entire economy is based on militarization. Conflict it's what we do!

Sell everybody last year's model and keep the good shit for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    This is the most immature, irresponsible, arrogant, disrespectful and insulting behavior I've ever seen from a political leader of a democratic country.
    And this is just the beginning.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Where not sending troops to Mexico without Mexican permission. It's not going to happen.
    Exactly. The amount of fear mongering happening lately is ridiculous. And if this account did happen, this may have been what Trump meant. The US would be willing to help them with troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    But it does because even when history talks about war and the events there in they use the distinction so the definition matters the semantics matter because it describes what is actually happening or in this case what isn't
    Invasion and occupation are both crimes of aggression. This would fall under invasion. The semantics are moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We didn't use to have such loose policies when it came for prescription drugs, we got there thanks to big pharma bribing I mean lobbying. There are sensible laws that can be put in place to control prescription pain killers that way people don't end up taking their cheaper street counterparts and feeding the ever growing demand for illegal drugs.
    You cant be leaving out the middle man which is the doctors that prescribe those pain killers they aren't sent direct from big pharma to the user

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Where not sending troops to Mexico without Mexican permission. It's not going to happen.
    Never say never. After all it was thought that Trump wouldn't be president

Deleted
    Theres plenty of bad hombres in mexico.

Another true statement made by trump that isnt worded politically correct - and gets disected, interpreted and bent in every way to make him sound like hes trying to go to war with mexico.

Starting to think the whole trump "wakeup" call is something we needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Invasion and occupation are both crimes of aggression. This would fall under invasion. The semantics are moot.
    Why because you say it does fuck that. The very definition of invasion requires the invading country to lay claim to the sovereignty of the land they are invading in this particular case this fictional scenario we would not or have not done so therefore it would be an occupation

Oh no you mean the rest of the world might look condescendingly down their noses at us God help us all.

I mean this is an exactly new shit you guys are entire economy is based on militarization. Conflict it's what we do!

Sell everybody last year's model and keep the good shit for ourselves.
    Was it a sucess in Vietnam ? Iraq ? Afghanistan ?

Why because you say it does fuck that. The very definition of invasion requires the invading country to lay claim to the sovereignty of the land they are invading in this particular case this fictional scenario we would not or have not done so therefore it would be an occupation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_of_aggression

Acts of aggression include invasion, military occupation, annexation by the use of force, bombardment, and military blockade of ports.[1]
    The Crime of Aggression is a crime under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.

Soon we will MAGA so much, we will beg President Trump to stop.

Atleast we have glorious Russia and awesome Putin on our side. And Israel. I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to check your link because if you click on the map it shows that The US was a signatory that later with Drew which means we are not subject to those. Also in order for a law to be effective it has to be enforced Who do you think is going to hold us to that

Furthermore while the act meet the criteria and definition for that specific international law it still does not constitute an act of war which again is a very important distinction
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-02-02 at 03:12 AM.

You might want to check your link because if you click on the map it shows that The US was a signatory that later with Drew which means we are not subject to those

Furthermore while the act meet the criteria and definition for that specific international law it still does not constitute an act of war which again is a very important distinction
    Thought you'd say that. Which is why it's not the only international law that backs up my position. Try article 2(4) of the UN Charter. You're still members of that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought you'd say that. Which is why it's not the only international law that backs up my position. Try article 2(4) of the UN Charter. You're still members of that right?
    And as I stated earlier there is a bill that has yet to be signed that effectively pulls us out of the UN but again with the US playing the enforcer of UN laws who do you think is going to hold her feet to the fire
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-02-02 at 03:16 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there any actual proof of this yet? It's entertaining to speculate, but only for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Genuine question, do you really think the "War on drugs" has an end? Because I don't think so. We've been combating drugs for just about forever now and yet they keep coming.
    Yes there is an end. Just like there was an end to prohibition. Basically the same thing. Just then in the 1920's it was alcohol. Now its a variety. I always found it weird that they needed to make a Constitutional amendment for prohibition but not for the war on drugs.

I think we'd come out ahead if we legalized it, taxed it, and spent the money that is spend fighting it on education and treatment we'd come out ahead in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Yeah.....I'm going to side with the AP on this one.
    Mexico’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wednesday reached out via Twitter to the reporter who broke the story to clear up some absolute falsehoods and clarify that the tone of the call was constructive.

https://twitter.com/SRE_mx/status/82...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Last edited by deklined; 2017-02-02 at 03:25 AM.

And as I stated earlier there is a bill that has yet to be signed that effectively pulls us out of the UN but again with the US playing the enforcer of UN laws who do you think is going to hold her feet to the fire
    A bill (which someone else pointed out to me) that has been proposed since the 70s by Ron Paul and every year since. It's posturing. As for the latter statement; do you really think violating the UN charter and then saying "well what are you going to do about it?" is a smart idea?
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-02-02 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bill (which someone else pointed out to me) that has been proposed since the 70s by Ron Paul and every year since. It's posturing. As for the latter statement; do you really think you vs the UN is a smart idea?
    Personally I support pulling out of the UN but that really has nothing to do with this discussion.

My question to you is what is the UN going to do about it and we are and have been the world's police there isn't anyone else in the UN that could stand against the US if they wanted to move forward with this again fictional scenario

Let me clarify because I know you're going to hang on my personal pinons about pulling out of the UN but I don't think the US should either world police and the only way For us to stop that is just stop being a puppet of the UN

I'm also going to clarify that whether this is true or not I don't support trump nor do I condone his actions. I actually think the situation and trumps posturing is far more dangerous and some hick without social skills and while I support some decisions like breaking our trade agreements with Mexico and China I support them for different reasons and I think that his plans are far more sinister than people give him credit for
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-02-02 at 03:31 AM.

Hmm let's see, pissing off Mexico, pissing off Australia...and yet Trump supporters turn a blind eye. Hillary was the "war" candidate my ass. The only bridge they care about is Russia.