Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really hope we can pick ourselves up out of the rubble in 4 years...I would feel MUCH more confident if Bannon were out of the picture though, the guy comes off like he's actively trying to undermine our position in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    We're already overloaded on migrants and facing unemployment from automation. Mass importing people from the third world would destabilize the country.
    Based on what? Your intuition?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Well, people were tired of business as usual, and that's what they're getting. This is the shake-up in Washington that people voted for. At least the next Kim Dotcom has less to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Every time a Republican President comes into power claiming that he will make the world respect us again, we inevitably end up having to pretend we're Canadians when we go abroad.

Time to get the maple leaf outfits again.
    If things keep going the way they're going, Canada might offer us refugee status.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you have to understand is that the Australian Government is sick of having to justify the harsh treatment of the ~1200 people who are on off-shore detention centres. Its easy pickings for the opposition and its become a real annoyance for the general population.

They've been trying to find a solution for several years and for a government with very few political wins or popular policies they would have earned some big brownie points (even from progressives) for sorting this out.

With it not happening now the Prime Minister will be seen as weaker than before by both the opposition and the red-eyed conservatives in his own party, and as shown in our recent history, Australia doesn't mind changing their prime ministers if they suck at the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Christ. We're going to run out of allies by the end of the week, and he hasn't even been in office a month.
    Nah, the UK won't abandon you, although that's because we're pretty much alienating our allies.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    If things keep going the way they're going, Canada might offer us refugee status.

We still have Saudi Arabia. He hasn't offended them yet.

(sarcasm btw)

Trump was right to blast him about a refugee agreement. He made the right move.
    A: Trump can't hold ANY moral ground on refugees.
    B: Australia is has the highest per capita intake of UNHCR refugees.
    C: Australia is #14 in the world in immigration intake per capita
    D: Australia aggressively discourages the exploitation of innocent and vulnerable people that was leading to thousands of deaths a year. That is the better of two really crappy choices.

So no - Trump has NO grounds at all to blast Australia about refugees.

The TPP on the other hand, Trump is theoretically more qualified to discuss that, and Australia's position was definitively in the wrong - so sure, blast him on that.

BUT - to attack one of the US's longest and strongest allies is just not smart. That's the issue here.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

So long as he honors the agreement he can chuck as many tanties as he wants. Maybe you could send them up to Canada, Trump?

Say what you like about Trump, he makes more people appreciate Malcolm.

I don't really expect anything to come out of it, though. We're in for an entertaining eight years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What do Australians call people when they hate them since they call their friends "cunts?"
    We call them cunts too, but in a different inflection.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Well, hey, at least Trump doesn't play golf, right?

I mean, I see people so happy on Facebook about that!

:l

All those years on the internet trying to convince people the US isn't bad like the stereotypes, and now we have a walking, talking one as president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump was right to blast him about a refugee agreement. He made the right move.
    Absolutely! It was totally right to attack one of our closest allies. No need to discuss the issue with them, let's yell at them, then boast, then hang up. That's how adults communicate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turnbulls fucked anyway (Australian PM).

Trump's a royal wanker, but I'd hang up on Turnbull too given the chance.

10+ Year Old Account

Wasn't that also known too? Seems like i remember hearing about this "deal" before.

Not to mention. It shows he has absolutely no idea what an illegal immigrant is....

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm shocked, a bunch of worthless castrated bitches don't understand a man acting like a man, nor do they understand how negotiations work. Your time, however short it was, is coming to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Wasn't that also known too? Seems like i remember hearing about this "deal" before.

Not to mention. It shows he has absolutely no idea what an illegal immigrant is....
    Spicer was asked about it the other day so someone should have at least been aware of it. Although it was when the press briefing was descending into yelling and madness so maybe he wasn't paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Spicer was asked about it the other day so someone should have at least been aware of it. Although it was when the press briefing was descending into yelling and madness so maybe he wasn't paying attention.

Yeah, back in November.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...ands/93759832/

Quote Originally Posted by Steven French View Post
    I'm shocked, a bunch of worthless castrated bitches don't understand a man acting like a man, nor do they understand how negotiations work. Your time, however short it was, is coming to an end.
    Yes, for you sending insults to your allies is being a man. Nothing more virile and manly than someone screaming at you online that he is a SEAL sniper and he is coming to kill you if you don't let him win the next game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yes, for you sending insults to your allies is being a man. Nothing more virile and manly than someone screaming at you online that he is a SEAL sniper and he is coming to kill you if you don't let him win the next game.
    "What did you just say about me you little bitch? I'll have you know...-!" ect ect. You all know the meme by now.

Though it is telling of the people who seem to conflate 'manliness' with mindlessly aggressive behaviour, or being 'Strong' with ignoring your peers and doing whatever you want.

But I'm sure I'm just going to be called a 'cuck' or 'castrated' or whatever other emasculating buzzword is in these days.

wait you mean he LITERALLY said that the phone call with the Australian PM was the worst by far and while he was initiating in what most people would call diplomacy?

honestly i'm having a hard time to believe what's happening in the US, i just have that feeling that some day he will write his biography or something (probably the only interesting book ever written according to his opinion) and say that all that we've seen was just a role he was playing to win the elections,i just can't believe that this guy exists...