Fix my Marksman dps!!

Hi guys, my dps feels a bit low, and according to wowlogs im not performing great.. I feel like I constantly change specs for boss fights and doesn't seem to help much. Any tips, or advice is greatly appreciated, be blunt. I do have other legendaries as well.
    Ilevel: 892 equipped

Other Legs: Roots of Shal and KJ's burning wish

Wowarmory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwolf/Kamicrazy/advanced

Logs 1 Normal NH clear - First 5 heroic
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/dfAPGMQkaZWzCnXL/#type=damage-done
    Logs 2 Heroic 6-9
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/vfTjGd3tnw7h9WHJ/#type=damage-done&fight=2
    Last edited by Samus30; 2017-02-02 at 08:20 AM.

Well here's my personal opinion. Seems like you're commiting alot to Piercing shot. In my opinion on ST fights, it makes the rotation clunky. Trick Shot is more stable. Do you feel like you're clipping your last AiS during the Patient Sniper window? Markshot - AS - AiS - AiS works pretty well for me. Just make sure you're not higher than 80% focus or you will cap your focus. Also timing WB so that you don't cap your focus is also important.

I know the Meme build is fun and works very well for the top hunters in the world. Its also pretty easy to use on Skorpyrion, but on Aluriel and Elisande it requires very good positioning and Exp. shot can make you loose focus on your rotation. I go with LnL - Patient sniper (for higher ST and good LnL procs) And trickshot. With the belt Trick Shot seems awsome aswell. The key here is that its easier. It might not be what the top hunters use, but comfort leads to higher DPS. In alot of cases at least.

I am in no way a great hunter. So take my logs with a grain of salt. But here's mine from last night + my armory:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=13

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...knarxoz/simple
    Last edited by Droknarxoz; 2017-02-02 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    I see right away that you use Aimed Shot way too rarely and Marked Shot way too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofemog View Post
    I see right away that you use Aimed Shot way too rarely and Marked Shot way too often.
    Good call, you're clipping alot into your patient sniper buff, which is your bread and butter. Don't press a button just because it lights up

Deleted
    Yup. You're not supposed to hit Marked shot when it pops. Only use Marked shot to get vulnerable buff for the Aimed Shots. at 90 focus you can use Marked shot and 2x AiS. With capped focus and Windburst you can use 3x AiS.

I tried the meme build for a full week and just didn't like how clunky it felt. I found it difficult to make the best use of piercing shot, especially on single target, and i really didnt like the playstyle of explosive shot especially if i was far away. I went back to LnL/PS/Trickshot and it just plays a lot better to me, and I don't even have the belt. I'm not pushing world content or even raiding on any sort of schedule so I prefer to play what feels most comfortable.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a question as well, I'm struggling with AoE rotation priorities. I'm using trickshot, lock &load and patient sniper. I'm pushing marked shot when ever I can as it does spread damage then fire aimed shots for the trickshot effect? Or do I only use marked shot when the debuff falls off?

Should you rather spam arcaneshot/marked 24/7 instead of using aimed for the Meme build?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I have a question as well, I'm struggling with AoE rotation priorities. I'm using trickshot, lock &load and patient sniper. I'm pushing marked shot when ever I can as it does spread damage then fire aimed shots for the trickshot effect? Or do I only use marked shot when the debuff falls off?
    Assuming you dont have the leg belt in AOE situations (4+) you should only AiS when you cant MS ( so if you are under Trueshot ...never).

The thing is Multi + MS ( and repeat) makes you gain focus very fast so you pool focus with multi+ms and when there's no MT proc you unload all the focus on AiS.If you have enough focus for 3xAis then 3xAis and if you dont then Multi + 2xAis.

Should you rather spam arcaneshot/marked 24/7 instead of using aimed for the Meme build?
    Yes. PS is the talent that makes Ais > MS. Without it you use every MT proc the RNG gods give you and only AiS if about to cap (wich will happen constantly) or got anything else to use.

Sorry but what is AiS? And to clarify, are you saying I should always ONLY spam arcane shot and marked shot and leave aimed shot out? Even if focus caped and got vulnerability?

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrrr View Post
    Sorry but what is AiS? And to clarify, are you saying I should always ONLY spam arcane shot and marked shot and leave aimed shot out? Even if focus caped and got vulnerability?
    AiS = Aimed shot, AS = Arcane Shot.

Edit: With the meme build you always cast marked shot over aimed shot I believe. Details should be in Azortharions guide on icy-veins.
    Last edited by Chipskinesen; 2017-02-02 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrrr View Post
    Yes and no. Marked shot is a higher priority than aimed shot, as is a procced Arcane shot into a Marked Shot, but a LnL instant Aimed Shot is a higher priority than a marked shot. Aimed shot is basically the ability you use when you have nothing else to use. I've seen a misconception where people tend to forgo using Aimed Shot altogether, and that is really bad.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksma...owns-abilities

Azortharion covers everything sufficiently in his guide.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samus30 View Post
    Hi guys, my dps feels a bit low, and according to wowlogs im not performing great.. I feel like I constantly change specs for boss fights and doesn't seem to help much. Any tips, or advice is greatly appreciated, be blunt. I do have other legendaries as well.
    Ilevel: 892 equipped

Other Legs: Roots of Shal and KJ's burning wish

Wowarmory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwolf/Kamicrazy/advanced

Logs 1 Normal NH clear - First 5 heroic
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/dfAPGMQkaZWzCnXL/#type=damage-done
    Logs 2 Heroic 6-9
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/vfTjGd3tnw7h9WHJ/#type=damage-done&fight=2

tbh

didnt bothered watching normal fights...and only 2-3 heroics but i cant see 2 problems

1) Bad talent choice per encounter : exampla -> KROSUS NO TRICK SHOT, wut?

2) Bad opening rotation e bad rotation (you spam too much MarkedShot>Aimed Shot)

Because in "cheesy" fight like skorpyron or aluriel you are way too low, i mean you have even KJ trinket

check azor guide on icy veins

- - - Updated - - -

Also stop pretending there is a "rotation" for meme build

beside azor opening, meme build is basically this

"save TSA and AS/MS proc for cleave momentum and then cleave the fuck out"