Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Northern Lordaeron...

I almost forgot about this practically nonexistant zone after Legion launched and after a while I got reminded of it while watching a video, which begs the question, has the new lore tidbits in Legion offered any hints as to what may lie within Northern Lordaeron?
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

quel'thalas and stratholme city.

there was at one point a place where daval prestor claimed to be from, i believe it was called northeron, but that's likely non-canon.

7+ Year Old Account
    P.S. There is information about what the area was meant for during WoW's development http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Isles
    Seeing as how 7.2 is already coming soon and followed by 7.3 thereafter we could expect to be on Argus, where we presumably about a year or so after Legion's release plus that the devs have stated they're straying away from the yearly expansion plan, so could it be possible that the last moments of the expansion will be dedicated for transition from the Burning Legion theme to either the Void or Old gods?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    P.S. There is information about what the area was meant for during WoW's development http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Isles
    Seeing as how 7.2 is already coming soon and followed by 7.3 thereafter we could expect to be on Argus, where we presumably about a year or so after Legion's release plus that the devs have stated they're straying away from the yearly expansion plan, so could it be possible that the last moments of the expansion will be dedicated for transition from the Burning Legion theme to either the Void or Old gods?
    again as stated above, we allready know what northern loderan is, dragon isles was just a concept and never came to be
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    quel'thalas and stratholme city.

there was at one point a place where daval prestor claimed to be from, i believe it was called northeron, but that's likely non-canon.
    Geographically speaking that is correct but the info offered here http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Isles implies there is more to the zone than just ruins.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Northeron's in the Twilight Highlands:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Northeron
    ah, i didn't realize they'd given that name a place in game.

i'm dredging up memories from the days when the gilneas wall and uldum were still big mysteries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    again as stated above, we allready know what northern loderan is, dragon isles was just a concept and never came to be
    I'm not exactly stating that the Dragon isles will ever see light, I agree that the idea is just about dead but they'll want to do something with the area someday, thus it isn't entirely impossible for them to draw inspiration from the original concept for the area if it came to that.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    Geographically speaking that is correct but the info offered here http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Isles implies there is more to the zone than just ruins.
    the dragon isles were probably written out years ago.

that one island that was like the skull of an absolutely colossal faceless is even in the game files and titled the dragon isles.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    In before the Kirin tor show up there one day to make the blood elves lives even more miserable
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Northeron's in the Twilight Highlands:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Northeron
    thats not that area, its Nothern Lodaeron OP is talking about
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I think this place is mostly covered by an outdoor version of Stratholme and maybe a part of Deatholme, with the rest just being mountains and some night elf ruins at the coast (which was originally named Quel'Thalas). And I believe that they originally intended for death knights to start in that area, but instead they used the Scarlet Enclave. They also have some old concept art of the Dragon Isles taking place there.

There's a lot of possibilities to make something neat out of that zone, but I'd be surprised if we'll ever get to see something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I think this place is mostly covered by an outdoor version of Stratholme and maybe a part of Deatholme, with the rest just being mountains and some night elf ruins at the coast (which was originally named Quel'Thalas). And I believe that they originally intended for death knights to start in that area, but instead they used the Scarlet Enclave. They also have some old concept art of the Dragon Isles taking place there.

There's a lot of possibilities to make something neat out of that zone, but I'd be surprised if we'll ever get to see something.
    I believe the same, especially since Stratholme is supposed to have a harbor, meaning there wouldn't be much, if any room besides it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah, this is pretty much it. If Stratholme has a harbor then that would take up most of that area. The rest could just be mountains

What I'd have done if Blizzard has ever actually bothered to connect Quel'thalas to the rest of Lordaeron would be to have the Forsaken clear out and occupy Stratholme Harbor. I mean since Wrath the Forsaken have constantly been making use of a fairly significant fleet (they landed on Northrend, Gilneas and Stormheim with multiple ships and the RSA even has laboratories in ships!) where the fuck is this navy docked anyway? The Lordamere is landlocked after all.
    stratholme is in argent crusade hands now. the forsaken wouldn't dare try to take anything from them.

they probably have a harbor built at the northern most shore, to the east of agamand mills.

You mean like the Ebon Blade attacked Light's Hope to try to recover Tirion Fordring's body for reanimation? The Argent Crusade is pretty damn weakened right now and it doesn't look like they're held in much esteem anymore.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Really hope they will polish some of the old continent, and if we get a big part of an old god theme expansion, it better be actually in parts of eastern kingdoms which seems the biggest n'zoth old zone of influence.

Hope they finally connect the continent onto 1 server, and update silvermoon at last, maybe do the same for the Draenei isles, add them to the continent of kalimdor and update the zone to reflect the repairs on exodar.

If they go all out and redo the world again, add sub races instead of new races/classes, world quests and/or scaling, it would be nice, I would much rather have that then some new continent again as

Comparing the contours/lakes of the map of the Black Empire, N'zoths area stretches from eastern redridge upwards all the way to quel thalas and pretty much all of eastern kingdoms and the area west of it what's now islands and ocean floor (vash'ir / tol barad) potentially more like kul'tiras.

That also includes Dun morogh where Magni was in his diamond form for a while ("king of diamonds has been made a pawn"whisper?)

Only eastern kingdoms that were not in the mapped n'zoth areas are the lands west and south of redridge (stormwind/elwynn/duskwood/stranglethorn/swamp of sorrows and blasted lands)

Blackrock mountain was made later when Ragnaros got summoned again and is already located close to the listed old influence of Ragnaros.

Maps used:

https://maps.marlam.in (old google map of azeroth but works up to MoP)
    (yes I know the northern lordaeron/quel thalas aren't properly connected due to instances but still fairly accurate)

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow..._Kalimdor.jpeg
    (black empire map before the sundering, the major lakes and rivers and mountain ranges are still mostly the same as they are now for eastern kingdoms)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-29 at 02:53 AM.

It's twice that I've seen a character who hasn't got a clear place of origin, with the explanation being "Northern Lordaeron". Did the same both with Prestor and Garithos.

Could it be that both Prestor and Garithos come from the same region.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-01-29 at 04:37 PM.

I think as far as we know, it is mostly the city of Stratholme and its surrounding regions.

I am a fan of this fan rendering of a zone that might occupy that space in the future, if it is ever used.

At this point it just seems that it's Stratholme. Maybe they created it to be a zone at some point of its own but never fixed the map. Who knows

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    35% tariff on all goods made in Quel'thalas and imported into Dalaran instead of just making them in Dalaran ftw.
    anything to provoke the blood elves to blow Dalaran out of the the sky. Maybe then we can stop being forced to hold hands with the opposite faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol