runescape
    wow
    ff14

close runners up
    gw2
    everquest

Deleted
    1. WoW, don't need to justify that one
    2. Anarchy online - I really enjoyed the depth of customisation in skills and builds in this game, I never fully understood it's mechanics, but what was there took me a long time to digest, in a good way.
    3. Probably GW2, although it wasn't particularly groundbreaking like everyone hyped it up to be, it still provided an excellent levelling experience that I still go back to occasionally.

Deleted
    1) WOW without a doubt
    2) GW2 loved the exploration part and jump puzzels
    3) Runescape Classic since it was my first MMO

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    1. MUDs of the 80s, but had to be at Uni to play them
    There were some beast MUDs in the mid & late 90's as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. ESO
    2. Wow
    3. Rift
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

1. Ultima Online
    2. Lineage2
    3. World of Warcraft
    Other MMOs I loved playing: The 4th Coming, Ragnarok Online, Dark Age of Camelot

Lineage2 #1 by far
    WoW second

Dont have enough time in others to list em. Levling in GW2 was fun but total lack of endgame was a bad idea =D

Everquest 1
    WoW
    SWTOR

1) WoW
    2) Guild Wars
    3) Guild Wars 2

1. FLYFF
    2. Ragnarok Online
    3. MU Online

10+ Year Old Account
    1.WoW
    2.Guild Wars 2
    3.Swtor

I have not played enough FF14 to confidently judge it, but it might be better than Swtor.

1. GW2
    2. WoW
    3. Run Escape
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

1. FFXI 2004-2006
    2. WoW
    3. FFXIV

Rift gets an honorable mention, but only because I really enjoyed the Nightblade class. Wish I could take it with me to other games.

Nothing will likely ever compare to what FFXI was to me in 2004-2006. It was the first time I was ever addicted to a video game. That immersion (the zones were so good), that satisfying feeling of getting difficult gear, all the friends I made, giant dragons that were so tough no one ever touched them. Nothing will replace an experience like that for me ever again.

1. DAoC (Before ToA xpac)
    2. WoW
    3. GW2

Tempted to put Anarchy Online instead of GW2. I played it for only a fraction of the time as GW2 and never reached endgame on any character, but I get super nostalgic about it sometimes. For some reason the environments and music/ambient sounds stuck out a lot to me.

I've only really played WoW, Tera, and GW2. The rest I touched on a bit, not very much though.

WoW is just something to do I can't really say what I like about it.

GW2 mesmer was really fun to play. Exploring the world was fun. Jumping puzzles were good. The Eternal Battleground jumping puzzle was really fun. And I played through the Adventure Box whenver it came around. The dungeons and PVE were pretty shit though. Granted I played about a month straight when it first released and the only dungeon I liked was Arah.

TERA I played a warrior to 60. I really liked the combat a lot. The dungeons were pretty lackluster though. Soloing BAMFs was a lot of fun as a warrior.

Blade & Soul was fun too, basically the sister of TERA, but I enjoyed TERA's combat more.

Though I've played lots of MMOs over the years only one do I actually truly miss and wish I could play again.

City of Heroes.

I never would have tried WoW and many other MMORPGs when they came out if I hadn't gotten hooked on City of Heroes first.

Deleted
    #1 - World of Warcraft
    This BY FAR takes the cake, it's the only game I've managed to play nearly every day for over 10 years. What else can I say? It's had some major ups and downs but I still log in and play on a regular basis. I'll always have the fondest of memories when it comes to World of Warcraft and I highly doubt anything will take the limelight away.

#Star Wars Galaxies
    Obviously dated and not really a thing anymore but I have such fond memories of this game. The player housing was perfectly done and gave a real feeling of making an impact in the world. The combat was very unique and engaging, also the progression system was perfect in my eyes. Sadly when they released the patch with the combat changes they ruined the most compelling part of the game, the combat.

#Tied - Guild Wars 2 = Wildstar
    Both extremely compelling games with absolutely beautiful, huge worlds to explore. Both have really good combat systems and a great feel to the overall gameplay experience. Character progression in both games is handled VERY well and really gives characters some great depth.