Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    FMA one of the more messed up moments where a guy doses his daughter abd dog to make a chimera that can talk.. It basically says the main characters name is clearly in pain and soon after killed by a serial killer. It is by fans considered still rageworthy and used to troll

- - - Updated - - -

Annnd I just realized

Anyone here going for a pet chimera nix or manticore? How about a few dragons and wyverns?
    10 / 10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    You just described a third of dog breeds lol.
    Yeah. But those are "cute". What happens to all the animals that are "ugly".
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    FMA one of the more messed up moments where a guy doses his daughter abd dog to make a chimera that can talk.. It basically says the main characters name is clearly in pain and soon after killed by a serial killer. It is by fans considered still rageworthy and used to troll

- - - Updated - - -

Annnd I just realized

Anyone here going for a pet chimera nix or manticore? How about a few dragons and wyverns?
    I think Yvaelle, Connal, Theodarzna and I had a discussion about creating species from the ground up, which I think included the feasibility of creating real life dragons .

10+ Year Old Account
    Mini dragons are definitely on my list of things to try to make. Once I'm rich, maybe. It wouldn't be easy or cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    I know you're joking, but a zombie apocalypse will never, ever, happen.

The closest I can see is something similar to the 28 days later virus that induces uncontrolled rage or madness in the individual. Not to the point of "undeath" however.
    I agree, it's actually a discussion me and my wife were having after watching the new Resident Evil, I forgot about 28 days later, that would have been a good example, instead I used Cell - By Steven King. I referenced the book, I haven't watched the movie yet so I don't know if it differs.

We all love the innovative scientists until we start seeing elephant sized spiders and roaches.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    We all love the innovative scientists until we start seeing elephant sized spiders and roaches.
    While you're probably joking, I should mention that the exoskeleton of those creatures would basically collapse. Once an insect reaches a certain size their exoskeleton simply cannot sustain itself without taking up a very large percentage of their mass. That means there wouldn't be enough mass left over for them to be able to move because their muscles wouldn't be large enough to be able to do anything.

So, in other words, that's impossible.

Edit:

Apparently that's one theory which doesn't have much evidence to back it up. Another more plausible theory suggests that there isn't enough oxygen in the atmosphere to support larger insects.
    Last edited by Docturphil; 2017-02-02 at 09:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I can understand the concerns of the FDA, but the genetic engineering of dogs in an attempt to delete harmful genes seems to ultimately have more benefits than anything else.

As private, amateur genetic engineering becomes more common, I would actually propose establishing an entirely new federal agency tailored to specifically address genetic modification and biohacking.
    You never know where any research is going to lead or be used for. Way back before I was in computers, and was hardcore pursing a degree in chem, I came across this : Mindwalk (1990).
    It's not an overly profound movie, but it touches on the issue of what a researcher has in mind for their research as opposed to the life the research takes on once its out of the research's hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I think Yvaelle, Connal, Theodarzna and I had a discussion about creating species from the ground up, which I think included the feasibility of creating real life dragons .
    Wellll since no fire lizards(just got done rereading Dragonriders of Pern the other day) take maybe bat dna mix it with say the bombardier beetle and a lizard BAM winged creatures that create "fire" specifics are much harder but base animal species and all that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Mini dragons are definitely on my list of things to try to make. Once I'm rich, maybe. It wouldn't be easy or cheap.
    But can they teleport and have a psionic link?

We're never going to get anime catgirls with all this regulation!