Thread: [TV] Powerless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah, getting better, but since it's probably just the two of us still watching it... :-p
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

ok, I lol'd twice. show is much better, probably still doomed
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're the only two still watching it in the world, so...

It is amusing, if not the most hilarious show ever made.

I'm somehow still watching it. Mostly just when I've got nothing else to do. It can make me laugh a couple times during the episode, and some of those laughs are pretty good, but in between the laughs is a lot of bad.

Like Danny last night going off about there still being kernels was pretty funny I thought, but the stuff with Vanessa immediately before that was so cringey.

Still watching during the inevitable march towards cancellation ...

Most recent episode was better than the previous episode - Van vs Emily just doesn't work and they need to stop doing it. Van next to Emily is a lot better. I find it interesting they've added superheroes directly to the mix, and I like the actress who plays Green Fury (altho the Teddy obsessed with her also needs to stop). The Justice League Europe joke was top notch.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I enjoy it enough to look for an episode when I missed it live, so it's been fun enough for me.

Officially canceled, surprising no one I'm sure. Don't know why they don't show the last pair of episodes though. The summaries sounded fun.

Well that's lame. Oh well, maybe we can get CW to add them

- - - Updated - - -

I tweeted Berlanti and CW in the vain hope they'll save the show

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Officially canceled, surprising no one I'm sure. Don't know why they don't show the last pair of episodes though. The summaries sounded fun.
    I'm surprised it lasted more than 1 or 2 episodes. As far as sitcoms go, the writing and production quality wasn't insanely bad.

The problem was the cast was a bunch of second-stringers that added nothing to the already lacking show.

They would have been fine in the background of a funnier or more compelling actor/comedian... but on their own it was just painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I'm surprised it lasted more than 1 or 2 episodes. As far as sitcoms go, the writing and production quality wasn't insanely bad.

The problem was the cast was a bunch of second-stringers that added nothing to the already lacking show.

They would have been fine in the background of a funnier or more compelling actor/comedian... but on their own it was just painful.
    The first two episodes were bad, but after that it was a lot better. Not perfect, mind you, but I think it could've gelled into something good.

Yeah, it improved and had plenty of fun stuff. Certainly not the best or anything, but better than many other sitcoms around for years.

I read that the original setup was supposed to be an insurance company rather than Wayne Security. Could have added a little, but who knows.

It was just nice to see a show toss around names like they actually existed in the superhero universe. "It's winter, so all the cold villains are out" and listing them all.

Next episode was about Lois Lane dying, so they had a day to do anything they wanted since Superman would turn back time. I was actually looking forward to it.