Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Well when you are saying stuff like this - you should be ready that some people might overreact and do something stupid
    Especially in the country that during the 90s was drowned in illegal weapons, gang violence, sufferred through a long and bloody war in Chechen republic and North Caucasus, and general lack of law enforcement during the reign of our free liberals.
    Add in the fact that many of them are a part of the establishment that was in charge of the country at the time of that chaos, while still being part of rather shady business deals - the chance to die increasees.

As to this specific guy - imagine it was the evil Putin and the allmighty KGB that was trying to kill him since Putin is trembling in fear at the thought of the guy.
    They try to poison him once, but fail and he lives. They wait a few years, and try to poison him again, using the same poison only to fail again. Seems rather stupid doesn't it?

Also the guy after an alleged failed hit on his life by one of the most powerful intelligence agency in the world stays in the country, continues to do whatever he has been doing etc. Seems right eh?

A drug problem, an alcohol problem, an underlining health issue, even a failed suicide attempt all seem more plausible than 2 failed assasination attempts in a row.

I do suppose that if FSB, CIA, mossad, or mi6 want you dead, and you do not have adequate resources to protect yourself - you die.
    The issue is that this is not an isolated incident. Some people are stubborn, and will stay no matter what. Look at Fidel Castro, that guy survived plenty of attempts on his life, but he stayed. Now, the guy was a shitty human being, but he still took it all.

I'm not saying Putin's political opponents are all good people, some of them are evil bastards. However, the number of bodies continues to pile up. The number of people tossed in prisons... is stacking up. It's not as if Putin has hidden the fact that he doesn't really care about body counts. If he sees someone in his path, he will go after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The issue is that this is not an isolated incident. Some people are stubborn, and will stay no matter what. Look at Fidel Castro, that guy survived plenty of attempts on his life, but he stayed. Now, the guy was a shitty human being, but he still took it all.

I'm not saying Putin's political opponents are all good people, some of them are evil bastards. However, the number of bodies continues to pile up. The number of people tossed in prisons... is stacking up. It's not as if Putin has hidden the fact that he doesn't really care about body counts. If he sees someone in his path, he will go after them.
    You are comparing a journalist to a leader of a freaking country in terms of personal security?

As far as bodies piling up go care to name at least 15? Putin has been in power for quite some time. Care to name 15 of his political oponents that were assasinated and the killer was never found?

And regarding those people tossed in prisons let's also make a list of at least 15, and then see with each of them why did they really go to prison for politics, or for a real crime that would lead them to prison in any European country?

Pffft, the KGB tried to kill him the first time but the poison dosage wasn't high enough it just damaged Vladimir's organs. The second time the KGB's poison worked.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Actually, polonium is rather difficult to detect.

The issue is opportunity, and accessibility. Getting to someone in a public place, while undetected is very difficult. It's even more difficult in a foreign nation. The options are limited. A murder points directly back to the Kremlin, but a person falling ill does not set off as many alarm bells. The investigation pointed to FSB agents by name, who were in the country at the time. It's a lot more than a simple coincidence.

Mind you, that's just one of many "coincidences" in regards to political opponents and opposition media that exist.
    Polonium-210 is one of the most "dirty" radioactive isotopes you can use for that: it's very shortlived, very active and leaves a bunch of radioactive byproducts behind. There are a lot of ways to give someone radiation sickness and make him die from it without everyone knowing (mind that no radioactive poison will kill as fast as actual toxin).

Again, what does point to Kremlin, which FSB agents are accused? Let's start with basics: motive and opportunity. Why would FSB kill a former FSB agent? Little information bit for you: FSB is not KGB, they dont do spying stuff, they are mostly security professionals and investigators. Also, how did they smuggle a highly radioactive material to UK? Mind you, it's not like it was a small suitcase, it had to be a huge shipping container.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Another post about the evil red flag country named Russia and how Putin is killing the opposition with poison, radioactive or murdered planned by himself meanwhile the west is bombarding villages of people in the middle east so the kings of arabia saudita can buy more cheaper those lands and lower the price of the gasoline, oh great

15+ Year Old Account
    Putin opposition dropping dead left and right, meanwhile the rest of the country is functioning normally.

Putinistas: "omg you guys are stupid for even thinking there's a possibility it could be Putin! Glorious leader would NEVER poison someone!"

Someone that Hillary talked to once dies, Putinistas and Trumpkins: "OMG CLINTON POISON STRIKES AGAIN!"
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-02-04 at 03:53 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    You are comparing a journalist to a leader of a freaking country in terms of personal security?

As far as bodies piling up go care to name at least 15? Putin has been in power for quite some time. Care to name 15 of his political oponents that were assasinated and the killer was never found?

And regarding those people tossed in prisons let's also make a list of at least 15, and then see with each of them why did they really go to prison for politics, or for a real crime that would lead them to prison in any European country?
    I already provided links to the lists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Polonium-210 is one of the most "dirty" radioactive isotopes you can use for that: it's very shortlived, very active and leaves a bunch of radioactive byproducts behind. There are a lot of ways to give someone radiation sickness and make him die from it without everyone knowing (mind that no radioactive poison will kill as fast as actual toxin).

Again, what does point to Kremlin, which FSB agents are accused? Let's start with basics: motive and opportunity. Why would FSB kill a former FSB agent? Little information bit for you: FSB is not KGB, they dont do spying stuff, they are mostly security professionals and investigators. Also, how did they smuggle a highly radioactive material to UK? Mind you, it's not like it was a small suitcase, it had to be a huge shipping container.
    It's all right here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison...der_Litvinenko

If there's never a proper investigation, then all one has is conjecture. I'm not trying to convict him in a court of law, I'm simply going by what evidence has actually come forward, as well as a clear statistical anomaly.
    The only "statistical anomaly" here is in reporting - and that is explained by Western media selecting (and being offered by opposition) stories that are easier to spin to confirm their already held beliefs.

- - - Updated - - -

There was an investigation, it says so right in the text.

if there were no investigation, they would not have found what poisoned him.
    There was investigation but no court trial (only much later "inquiry"), and UK declined to have court case against Lugovoy and present evidence for cross-examination in Russia, despite being offered to.

And obviously as Russian citizen he couldn't be extradited "just because UK says they want to trial him, and we have to trust their word that their evidence is good enough".
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-02-04 at 06:43 AM.

Also western press always inflates the importance of those people they attack desperate trying to make a case of making it look like person was a huge threat so in order to justify their bullshit narrative.
    The fact that the western press say this person who died was important does not make him so. It's possible that Putin (or one of his agents) had this guy killed. Or... it is also possible that the western press is just making up stuff and reporting with the idea that some of it will stick. No way for us to know.

I saw a guy trip and fall on the sidewalk a few days ago. Now that I think of it, I thought I saw a man in an Adidas track suit and a furry hat trip him and then run into an alley.

#thanksputin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I saw a guy trip and fall on the sidewalk a few days ago. Now that I think of it, I thought I saw a man in an Adidas track suit and a furry hat trip him and then run into an alley.

#thanksputin
    Was it a red firebird tracksuit? I hope not, then my cover is blown...

funny :P I tough trump supportes should be the crazy conspiracy theory guys?? ohh yeah an Antifa was just defending them self from the Nazi on Berkeley Right??

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    The only "statistical anomaly" here is in reporting - and that is explained by Western media selecting (and being offered by opposition) stories that are easier to spin to confirm their already held beliefs.

- - - Updated - - -

There was investigation but no court trial (only much later "inquiry"), and UK declined to have court case against Lugovoy and present evidence for cross-examination in Russia, despite being offered to.

And obviously as Russian citizen he couldn't be extradited "just because UK says they want to trial him, and we have to trust their word that their evidence is good enough".
    There cannot be a court trial, Russia refused to extradite. Why would the UK try to have a court case in a country whose government they suspected of being the guilty party? Are you fucking serious? The accused would be the defendant... and the judge/jury. No thanks.

There is a huge statistical anomaly when it comes to the means and frequency in which Putin opponents die, get incarcerated, or find themselves relieved of their funds. Let's not forget, there's also that little problem of Putin having a hard on for killing innocent people in war zones.