Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mafia 80 Signup: The lost village

This is the signup thread for Mafia 80: The Lost Village.

If you want to play, just say so in this thread!

For those of you who haven't played the game of Mafia, this is a perfect opportunity to join our little mafia community. We always welcome fresh blood new players, no previous experience needed. If you do sign up, expect to be able to read up on the thread and post at least once per day for the next 2 weeks. I like to think that the players in these parts are very friendly and helpful towards new players, at least before they stab you in the back!

For those who have played before, know that this will be a themed game. The theme is however just something I cooked up on my own. I have added some parts of the Mayoiga anime, some parts of a certain 10+ year old TV show, a little bit of Tarantino's The Hateful Eight, a little bit of spice, and a whole lot of Lego blocks. You know what, the theme doesn't really matter that much. I have it on good authority that if you steal from enough sources, you can call it your own original invention. And this game is that.

The point is - this game will have some similarities to my last game, Murder Mystery Mansion Mafia. You should expect something in that design direction - albeit somewhat smaller scale. There will be a story based on your play, and I am looking forward to see it played out.

For those who do sign up; I will promise the following:

- No overt bastardry (ie, you will not find a cult, death millers, game with no scum, lightning rod survivors, etc. )
    - Everyone will have a power of some sort, but not all powers will be useful.
    - I do not expect this to be a role madness game, the game should be decided by day play.
    - I have added a minor game mechanic that hopefully trigger some real day 1 talk, hopefully without interfering with core gameplay.
    - There will be a story told using 3D-modelled Lego sets, created by someone with a severe lack of artistic sense. IE, me.
    - I promise instances of terrible spelling errors and otherwise embarrassing but hopefully non-fatal mod errors.
    - Be afraid.

I need at least 9 players, but the game will be better if we get 12+. There is no upper limit. And if you just want to hang out in the dead thread, I can accommodate that as well. The signup thread will stay open until around Saturday Friday night (UTC).

Signed up:

1. Catta
    2. Crackleslap
    3. Crissi
    4. Dupti
    5. Graeham
    6. Kryllian
    7. Largehorn
    8. Listo
    9. Marack
    10. Monkz
    11. PalawinFC
    12. Razamith
    13. Reticence
    14. Rixis
    15. Senna1251
    16. Xanjori

Signup closing in:
    Last edited by Danner; 2017-02-24 at 09:02 PM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    Too funny. I was just skimming this game a while back (I don't remember why, possibly to look for crazy things mods have done to explain the last game).

Sign me up

I'll sign up, since it's a Danner game.

Not sure i can pass up a danner game, since MMMM is still my favorite here. I'll say i'm available but will (reluctantly but definitely) give up any spot claim if it fills and more still want in. Still experimenting with different styles though too...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll join. I mean if its anything similar to MMMM the ex-retainer should be good right!?!?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sign me up... lets see if I can make up for my lackluster performance in final jeopardy

I'm in. I enjoyed mmmm.

Whaaaaaat. We broke ten players.

No. Freaking. Way.

Better yet, we got that amount in less than 10 hours.
    Danner games really gets people out of hiding.
    Last edited by Monkz; 2017-02-22 at 04:07 AM.

Wow, that met the minimum requirement fast!

There is still an infinite amount of room in the game, folks. I made 18 rolecards for this game (you know, OCD), and having to add more would be a very welcome burden. So let's keep this up until saturday anyway

Feel free to riot in the meantime.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Will do.

RIOT OR RIOT!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll poke my head into this one, thanks Reti

10+ Year Old Account
    Tempting, But doubt I'll have the time to play properly

Quote Originally Posted by danner View Post
    wow, that met the minimum requirement fast!

There is still an infinite amount of room in the game, folks. I made 18 rolecards for this game (you know, ocd), and having to add more would be a very welcome burden. So let's keep this up until saturday anyway

feel free to riot in the meantime.
    Saturday?!?! Riooooooooooooooooot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleos View Post
    Tempting, But doubt I'll have the time to play properly
    Let me know if you want the dead thread. There might be cake. Or a man-eating cake monster. At 50/50 odds, that's a decent gamble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I'd love the dead thread, it's been a while, been so busy I've struggled to follow most games