Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkz View Post
    Previous game, Mafia 78.
    Oh. Haha.

I would say that's... not completely accurate, but not entirely inaccurate.

Your mileage may vary, but from my perspective it isn't necessarily that my argument doesn't have substance or value. Even as scum, I actually try very hard to make sure that my arguments are valid and based in solid logic. I find it easier to remain in character if I prioritize sense above everything else, even my own agenda, if for no other reason than it is more consistent.

In that same vein, you may not believe this right now (sorry ), but I'm actually not a deceptive person iRL. Even for a game, the mere idea of having to maintain a web of lies is exhausting, so that approach also allows me to avoid having to doing so when I am scum. More often than not, I will try to shape a sound argument around a misleading focal point rather than directly lie to someone.

This is all a big part of why I actually prefer to play town, most of the time. This, and I would much rather solve puzzles than obscure them.

Sometimes, I think the struggle we have as townies (because I definitely also run into this problem when I'm town, such as when I'm engaging Danner, or you, or Dupti, or Dendrek, etc.) isn't making sure that the debate that we're having is logical or valid on both sides; it's making sure that we're having the correct debate in the first place.
    Last edited by Reticence; 2017-02-22 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting game! The so many blocked kills turned this game into a serious conspiracy! XD Regret not being active on Danners lynch day, probably would have fought his lynch off.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    Oh. Haha.

I would say that's... not completely accurate, but not entirely inaccurate.

Your mileage may vary, but from my perspective it isn't necessarily that my argument doesn't have substance or value. Even as scum, I actually try very hard to make sure that my arguments are valid and based in solid logic. I find it easier to remain in character if I prioritize sense above everything else, even my own agenda, if for no other reason than it is more consistent.

In that same vein, you may not believe this right now (sorry ), but I'm actually not a deceptive person iRL. Even for a game, the mere idea of having to maintain a web of lies is exhausting, so that approach also allows me to avoid having to doing so when I am scum. More often than not, I will try to shape a sound argument around a misleading focal point rather than directly lie to someone.

This is all a big part of why I actually prefer to play town, most of the time. This, and I would much rather solve puzzles than obscure them.

Sometimes, I think the struggle we have as townies (because I definitely also run into this problem when I'm town, such as when I'm engaging Danner, or you, or Dupti, or Dendrek, etc.) isn't making sure that the debate that we're having is logical or valid on both sides; it's making sure that we're having the correct debate in the first place.
    I love this. Good way to put it.

And for the record, I'm sure you're not deceptive IRL.
    But let's be real here, how fun would it be as town if all scum just rolled over or painted a target on their backs? Not very fun.
    I very much enjoy the challenge as town of facing, what I consider, tough and respected opponents. Like yourself.

But let's be real here, how fun would it be as town if all scum just rolled over or painted a target on their backs? Not very fun.
    I very much enjoy the challenge as town of facing, what I consider, tough and respected opponents. Like yourself.
    I appreciate that. And I definitely agree; I like active games with bold and insightful players on both sides. There has even been a time or two where I was faced with a more-or-less coin-flip scenario, and I decided based on which player I was more alright with losing to.

I appreciate that. And I definitely agree; I like active games with bold and insightful players on both sides. There has even been a time or two where I was faced with a more-or-less coin-flip scenario, and I decided based on which player I was more alright with losing to.
    Indeed. Lets just pray that I'll roll vigilante next game and that you're a goon.

I have no delusions about living past N1 next game.

Congratulations on the win. Well deserved.

Indeed. Lets just pray that I'll roll vigilante next game and that you're a goon.
    I would say we should lynch him D1 but where'd the fun in that be? In a Danner game we have to let him live at least to Day 2.

At which point if no one has killed him we know he's scum

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    I would say we should lynch him D1 but where'd the fun in that be? In a Danner game we have to let him live at least to Day 2.

At which point if no one has killed him we know he's scum
    Give him a false sense of security, just to kill him off after? I like it.

Just watch. You will both be mafia.

And I will be your Godfather. /cackle

Just watch. You will both be mafia.

And I will be your Godfather. /cackle
    Now that would make for an interesting game.