Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Megathread] Nioh

Releases Tuseday and I can't wait.

The demo's have been awesome. It will have a 60fps (Nearly 100% locked) setting for both Ps4 and Ps4 Pro.

Those with a 4kTV/Ps4 Pro can enjoy native 4k as well.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-02 at 11:39 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    There's already a megathread for the game. But yeah I'm super hyped for this game.

What, there isn't 5 pages of people complaining the game can be full streamed already before it comes out?

Thought we would have those like in the old DS3 thread

The non action modes shouldn't even exist tbh, the game like all Team Ninja games was built for 60 fps. The game is insanely hard at 30 fps, nothing like Souls combat at all that is manageable at it. I'm glad the game defaults to the 60 fps option and I hope nobody touches the other modes unless they want to get bodied hard.

Also hope a lot of Souls babies played the alphas/demos on this game or they're in for a rude awakening. The game borrows a lot of ideals from Souls but combat is not one of them. Shit is 3D fighting game/Ninja Gaiden like and a punish likely means death.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-03 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo I played is like a weird cross between Souls and Ninja Gaiden. It wasn't anything hectic like Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma but just, not a souls game entirely, lol.

Don't plan on playing it anytime soon, have Gravity Daze 2 coming in soon supposedly, and need to play 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Demo I played is like a weird cross between Souls and Ninja Gaiden. It wasn't anything hectic like Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma but just, not a souls game entirely, lol.

Don't plan on playing it anytime soon, have Gravity Daze 2 coming in soon supposedly, and need to play 1.
    Is it compareable to something like Onimusha?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Its a mix of Onimusha and Dark Souls.

So far the reviews have been pretty good. It's sitting on 87 at OpenCritic with 19 total reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Sure as far as art style and setting go. Gameplay? No. UI is very souls inspired, death and multiplayer also handled in a very Souls like fashion. Actual combat is like Ninja Gaiden, or 3D fighting game like with a stamina bar treated as your resources basically. Combat is very fast paced, but that doesn't mean aggressive(like say bloodborne). If you're aggressive you die. However while properly managing your resources enemies are not going to be idiots that let you circle strafe around them like in a Souls game, so it is very fast paced and you always need to be dodging and punishing the enemy when they leave openings. Loot system is Diablo-lite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Its a mix of Onimusha and Dark Souls.
    It shares nothing mechanically with Onimusha. They are games in very similar settings but play nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It shares nothing mechanically with Onimusha. They are games in very similar settings but play nothing alike.
    Yea should have pointed out it's a mix of all three. Its set in the world similar to Onimusha i.e you're a samurai fighting demons. Plays like a Team Ninja game and has the punishing difficulty of one. Though if you've never played the Ninja Gaiden games, saying that the difficulty is Dark Souls-esque should get the point across.

I have been watching CohhCarnage (he loves NiOh) Twitch playing it and it's an awesome, huuuge game with great art and atmosphere. I love the way you can pick a quest from a beautiful map, travel across the land. There is soo much great loot, ways of improvement and crafting, perfect music. The narrator and overall voice acting is superb.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2017-02-04 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I have been watching CohhCarnage (he loves NiOh) Twitch playing it and it's an awesome, huuuge game with great art and atmosphere. I love the way you can pick a quest from a beautiful map, travel across the land. There is soo much great loot, ways of improvement and crafting, perfect music. The narrator and overall voice acting is superb.
    Watched a bit of his stream and played the Beta. Can't wait to play it tuseday highly looking forward to it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I'm trying to decide between 3 games will only buy 2. Nioh, For Honor, and Horizon Zero Dawn. February-Early March is so loaded with games. I will only get a few at full price, will probably get some of the others when the price drops. Ghost Recon Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda Nier Automata South Park: The Fractured but Whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    I'm trying to decide between 3 games will only buy 2. Nioh, For Honor, and Horizon Zero Dawn. February-Early March is so loaded with games. I will only get a few at full price, will probably get some of the others when the price drops. Ghost Recon Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda Nier Automata South Park: The Fractured but Whole.
    If it matters to you any Four Honor is Online only, Even for the SP part on ps4.

Who buys games at full price in a world where GCU and Prime exists?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in the same boat more or less. I'm getting Ghost Recon:Wildlands for sure, then I need to pick between those other titles lol... Nier: Automata and Horizon: Zero Dawn are my very close seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If it matters to you any Four Honor is Online only, Even for the SP part on ps4.
    I think that only matters to you :P
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I think that only matters to you :P
    So you know what the other 54million Ps4 Users think about it....

Do you also know tonight's winning powerball numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So you know what the other 54million Ps4 Users think about it....

Do you also know tonight's winning powerball numbers.
    For Honor is not worth purchasing strictly for the single player. If your internet is so terrible that you're this concerned about the always online aspect, it's probably not a game for you.

On topic, Nioh looks fantastic. Can't wait to give it a try on Tuesday.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Quote Originally Posted by WackyWombat View Post
    For Honor is not worth purchasing strictly for the single player. If your internet is so terrible that you're this concerned about the always online aspect, it's probably not a game for you.

On topic, Nioh looks fantastic. Can't wait to give it a try on Tuesday.
    Has nothing to do with purchasing strictly for the single player. Nether you nore me know the quality of the single player at this time anyway.

I'm just not ok with spending $60+tax on a Online Only game because in 3 months it has a likely chance of being dead. I'm also not ok with SP modes in games requiring a online connection.

If I wanted to always be online I would fully PC game. My Internet is fine, I won't speak for the other 54 million Ps4 users tho.

Edit: That's the last bit ill say about this because its highly offtopic.

Can't wait for Nioh Tuseday.... Like I posted in the OP it has some graphic/performance settings for those who are interested.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-05 at 09:36 PM.

This game is soooooo goooood.

I'm Loving it as well. Combat is So Good.
    Last edited by Rokku; 2017-02-08 at 01:58 AM.