Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Does anyone's ears ring?

I've had a constant ringing in my ears since high school. It doesn't bother me so much anymore, but I was just curious if anyone else had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Obviously. I meant here, at mmo champion.

there's lots of home remedies for tinnitus

you could drive to the west coast and have agent Skully stab your ear drum with a 280 gauge needle maybe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    there's lots of home remedies for tinnitus

you could drive to the west coast and have agent Skully stab your ear drum with a 280 gauge needle maybe.
    Something most people probably don't think of, but the poor bastard in that episode is Bryan Cranston... nowadays better known as Walter White.

OnT though, yes, Tinnitus is very common. I have it as well and at times it can be quite troublesome.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Medical advice bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Medical advice bait.
    It isn't. I'm a pseudo-expert on it at this point. I was just curious if anyone else had ringing ears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You gotta be the biggest troll I've seen. You know what he/she/it means. Now reply?

The truth is, we *ALL* have that ringing in our ears. The difference is the volume of it, etc.
    There's a huge wave of reasons of the causes, severity, and why we notice it.
    But just one of those is if you focus on it, you will hear it more and more as your brain tunes in to it.

Like many things, if it hasn't had any negative consequences on you, it won't.

But the answer is >everyone's< ears ring. The question is: "Does anyone else notice it?"

Personally, yes I do on and off. It was very loud and noticeable for a long time for the above mentioned,
    I was too focused on it but being sick for a week and a half distracted me so much, it's gone because
    I'm no longer paying attention to it now, kinda forgot about it from coughing, sneezing and having other problems.

Not alot or often. The doctors told me once that it was normal and nothing to be done at the little level i have. It only happens in near perfect silence sometimes. Some people have it so loud they cant sleep and some it even ring over normal sound, which is sounds awful no pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Not alot or often. The doctors told me once that it was normal and nothing to be done at the little level i have. It only happens in near perfect silence sometimes. Some people have it so loud they cant sleep and some it even ring over normal sound, which is sounds awful no pun intended.
    Yeah, usually treatment involves reducing your emotional response to it rather than reducing the sound itself. It bothered me a lot for quite some time. Almost a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'm not sure if it is tinnitus per say, but I've never been able to stand complete silence, since it starts hurting my ears.
    It probably is at least something, long term pain should always be an indication that something is wrong.

Only if I masturbate too much.

Jimmy Thick-Woah, wait, did I just write what I thought I did?

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Yeah, usually treatment involves reducing your emotional response to it rather than reducing the sound itself. It bothered me a lot for quite some time. Almost a year.
    That was a long time ago it started bothering me out of the blue, cant even remember why. All i remember is it was my second year of high school. It made it hard to sleep for a month or two, then i got used to it or it went away, i really cannot tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Thick View Post
    Only if I masturbate too much.

Jimmy Thick-Woah, wait, did I just write what I thought I did?
    Damn it could explain why my case was in early high school, willy was on fire at that time

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    It isn't. I'm a pseudo-expert on it at this point. I was just curious if anyone else had ringing ears.
    Intermittently. If I find an album track that I really enjoy listening to, I might turn the sound up louder than is healthy, which might cause a ringing for a little while after.

As someone who had scarred ear drums I've frequently had it pop up due to the physical stresses caused by operations and healing. The hospital would test hearing range with a series of tones that are quite close to tinnitus, which inadvertently helped me naturalise to it (I was quite young).
    I've had one friend who would endlessly complain about his tinnitus, but he was a whiny histrionic dick so he'd whine about his packed wallet being too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Intermittently. If I find an album track that I really enjoy listening to, I might turn the sound up louder than is healthy, which might cause a ringing for a little while after.
    You should be careful. Mine didn't start from loud noise, but that is the most common cause. Our tiny little hair cells in our ears are incredibly fragile. Every time we listen to something loud their integrity is damaged a little bit, and they can never heal.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I've had it as long as I remember so I can't even imagine how actual silence sounds like.
    Are you overly sensitive to certain sounds?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I've ever had my ears ring. Very temporarily, perhaps.