Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ok, so I just want to clarify something. I've been resistant as far as swapping hardrives go, in part because of the price and in part because of the whole "backing games up/having to redownload, etc" deal. it just seemed like not only a hassle to set up, but would eat through my bandwith for months.

but... with this new incoming support. does it mean I can just get a much cheaper comparatively speaking external hard-drive and just install the rest of my game collection onto that and be able to play them all at will?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    but... with this new incoming support. does it mean I can just get a much cheaper comparatively speaking external hard-drive and just install the rest of my game collection onto that and be able to play them all at will?
    Looks that way.

ok, so I just want to clarify something. I've been resistant as far as swapping hardrives go, in part because of the price and in part because of the whole "backing games up/having to redownload, etc" deal. it just seemed like not only a hassle to set up, but would eat through my bandwith for months.

You should be able to. You can also copy everything from ur HD to a external HD, Upgrade ur internal HD and then copy it all back. There is a few way's to go about backing up ur current HD to be ported over to another.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You should be able to. You can also copy everything from ur HD to a external HD, Upgrade ur internal HD and then copy it all back. There is a few way's to go about backing up ur current HD to be ported over to another.
    the problem with this solution is that I would have to buy both external HD AND internal replacement HD for ps4. (plus I've been reading that I would also likely need a fairly sizable memory stick just to back up the operating system? largest memory stick I have is 4gb) which ends up getting kinda pricey. hence... not doing it yet (I don't actualy have external harddrive, never really saw the need for it, given how I use my computers)

just getting external HD and calling it a day would simplify a LOT. thank you both for responses

just getting external HD and calling it a day would simplify a LOT. thank you both for responses
    Np and ya like I said early'er it is good they are finally adding it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD