Plz help to pick a ranged class

First thing first : sorry for my bad english, It's not my native language.

Recently I decided to switch from a melee to a ranged dps class and having played only melee classes since vanilla , I'm kinda confused over which class to pick.

About me : I only PvE. I like cool armor and weapon designs and an interesting gameplay is kinda mandatory or I'll get bored very quickly.

I'm looking for a class who would perform fairly well in raids and Mythic.

Thank you very much for your input , it will be very appreciated.

Mages are never a bad option if you're looking for interesting game play and performance. At least one mage spec is always at the top when it comes to damage

Deleted
    Bm hunter. Faceroll to play, can deal damage while moving, most damage passive. Easy good DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Raern View Post
    Mages are never a bad option if you're looking for interesting game play and performance. At least one mage spec is always at the top when it comes to damage
    if u want to cry over ur awful cleave/ST/AOE damage choose mage. it seems thats the way to go untill 7.2 changes some stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Raern View Post
    Except right now, where all 3 mage specs are at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanathos View Post
    About me : I only PvE. I like cool armor and weapon designs and an interesting gameplay is kinda mandatory or I'll get bored very quickly.

I'm looking for a class who would perform fairly well in raids and Mythic.
    Elemental Shaman. Their armor sets are cool, animations are great, rotation is decent & their performance is pretty solid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurak View Post
    Except right now, where all 3 mage specs are at the bottom.
    Bad mage detected?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=95

Have a look at warlock. They always have cool transmog sets and are now pretty solid in pve. Not much of a utility class in Legion but an ok class.

Do you like killing stuff with critical fire dragons? Go destruction!
    Want a horde of demons and a funny talking skull by your side? Go Demo!
    Want to dot everything and watch them die as you laugh and collect their souls? Go affliction!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exor37 View Post
    In this case, Arcane is doing VERY good. Very close to Havoc and Assassination which are considered to be two of the top dawgs atm.
    Nice recovery. Not.

7+ Year Old Account
    the forums dont allow for"help me pick my class" prepare for mod to close
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post

So, according to this "thing", surv is the 3th best spec for NH and the best rogue spec is sub by far. Kappa.

People should really stop posting this shit.

Deleted
    My default advice for unsure people who want to play ranged would be hunter, but it not neccesarily fills all the spots you want. On the other hand, it's the only class that have bow/xbow/gun weapons, you can still go back to melee in times of doubt... But armors are still... ehhhh

The most easiest range class to play ATM is Beast Mastery hunter. =). They are not at the top but not at the bottom really either so thats your best bet!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Hey ! I Wanna thank everyone for their advice, it's very kind and appreciated .

Yesterday I played a lot and I tried : Warlock, shaman and hunter BM.

Of these 3, I liked the fast paced gameplay of the hunter more as it it seems closer to what I've known these last few years but what is making me hesitate is the lack of fantasy and eye candy I'm feeling when I play the class and the fact that hunters are according to wow pop the more popular ranged class so I'm wondering If I'll have to struggle to get a spot in a raid and/or a dungeon.

What are your thoughts on this guys ?

suprised nobody mentioned shadow priest.

Anyway, BM hunter might bore you out quickly as its by far the easier rotation based class to play at this time.

I personally have always loved the shadow priest. but its in the end all personal preference. just play whatever you want. ranged is in the minority so i would not worry to much about a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    suprised nobody mentioned shadow priest.

Anyway, BM hunter might bore you out quickly as its by far the easier rotation based class to play at this time.

I personally have always loved the shadow priest. but its in the end all personal preference. just play whatever you want. ranged is in the minority so i would not worry to much about a spot.
    I thought about shadow priests as I always found their look awesome but I've read in the past that the Shadow priest rotation was very unforgiving if not executed near perfectly so maybe not fit for someone as me who always been melee before ?

what's your thoughts on this ?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play shadow priest.

Mid tier ST damage, top tier cleave. They are probably the most durable range given that they heal themselves for a massive amount (really overlooked) and also have a 15% shield when topped off to help with any kind of burst damage. Dispersion is also a great defensive tool as well. Add in VE and mass dispels and you got decent raid utility as well.

The rotation isn't that hard. It was hard when the class was all about S2M, but right now it's very straight forward and easy to do. The skill in playing it is basically how quick you can get dots up on targets, whether or not you want to dot targets (depends how long they will live) and making some calls with dispersion/void torrent on extending your void form a bit longer. So uh, yeah it's pretty straight forward.

Also shadow priest isn't very reliant on legendary items. Prydaz for example isn't that much worse than any of the mid tier DPS legendary items, nor is it a massive amount worse than the best legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing, cause IDD threads like these are not allowed in this forum.