Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Difficulty of Mythics

I just want to get a general feel from the mmo-c community on the difficulty of M+0 dungeons. A bit of background: I play a ilvl 875 BM Hunter which I geared solely with world quests and random heroics. My damage is almost always around 400k in dungeons and I don't usually stand in the fire. The reason I am asking is because I have a slight anxiety disorder and I get stupidly nervous while doing (difficult?) content with others. I know that's pretty lame but it is what it is.

In your experience and with the background I gave would you recommend that I try pug it via group finder or join a guild to consume the content?

Deleted
    Never do regular mythics. Keystone mythics are way easier simply due to the fact that no geared/experienced people ever do regular mythics. Key boosting is becoming less and less prominent as of late but you'll still find better groups doing +2-7 than you do regular mythics. Yesterday I completed a +15 Vault in almost the same time as a +0 Nelth (for the weekly quest) simply because the balance druid and the hunter in the +0 group were doing 60k dps each on bosses.

We sometimes carry alts through them and bosses die in 20 seconds. That's how hard they are.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Never do regular mythics. Keystone mythics are way easier simply due to the fact that no geared/experienced people ever do regular mythics. Key boosting is becoming less and less prominent as of late but you'll still find better groups doing +2-7 than you do regular mythics. Yesterday I completed a +15 Vault in almost the same time as a +0 Nelth (for the weekly quest) simply because the balance druid and the hunter in the +0 group were doing 60k dps each on bosses.
    Ok so my gear level and damage is fine for say M+2-7's?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorntorrent View Post
    Yes, you should be even more than ready (I'm assuming you have all the required traits for your class).
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're well overgeared for mythic 0. They're not difficult at all.

Deleted
    Myhtic +0 are like previous expansions heroics.

Tactics exactly same as current hc versions. Your dps is plenty and you will cruise through them even with pugs from the finder.

We started farming regular mythics in quest greens and blues. You're overgeared for even mythic level 10 now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    If you want guaranteed loot, make a Mythic0 group and invite people with 870+ ilvl gear(or 900+, whatever you want). Do it at the start of the reset when good geared people run them for legendary chance/AP/whatever. Very easy to form a strong group, at least on EU servers.

Also check people's gear before you start the dungeon, lots of addons to make it easier to do. Any healer spec can do more than 60k dps in 810 ilvl gear so just make your own group if you want to avoid stuff like that.

If 875 is iLvL actually geared. You outgear even those. We made our first M+10, when we was 860-862 iLvL (but that with communication and well known group of friends).

Here is iLvL rewards from M+ dungeons chests. (add +15 for weekly chest reward, that takes highest M+ dunged you ended per week)
    +0 (base) 840
    2 845
    3 845
    4 850
    5 850
    6 855
    7 855
    8 860
    9 860
    10 865
    11 870
    12 870
    13 875
    14 880
    15 885

If you didn't run M+ before. Be prepeared M+ dungeons are time limited and make attention to M+ affixes that add at 4, 7 and 10 M+ levels (they change every week reset), they could "change" dungeons a lot (example Bolstering - make every other Agrroed monster to get +20% HP and +20% attack when other monster dies in 40 yards (and it stacks), so if some one pull new pack 2-3 seconds before existing pack is killed this will buff new pack +60-100% HP and +60-100% damage, or pulling Seagul when AOEing bubles in EoA buff Seagul to boss level <90+m>HP and attack 2-3m per hit on tank ^^)
    Last edited by TorikSAn; 2017-02-06 at 08:58 AM.

Excellent, thank you for all the input. Sounds like I will be doing mythics then. Thank you TorikSan for all that info.

Deleted
    you can easily do lower mythic+ what doesn't have affixes or only 1 easy affix. these are not different much from mythic+0. bad things start to happen when there are 2 affixes and people need to be more attentive and aware of surroundings, interrupt/stun more and stay out of damage.
    Last edited by mmoce25a800b33; 2017-02-06 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    The only difficulty you'll find in mythics is the fact that they are locked behind the group finder instead of dungeon finder. This'll make your life suck if you are trying to find a group as dps or if your ilevel is below 870.

I honestly have no clue why you can't just queue up for them or what the purpose of heroic difficulty even is now.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can easily do them OP. It's just a matter of finding groups that will take someone that isn't massively overgeared for it. There are plenty, of course, but it is usually a matter of applying to as many groups as possible for 5 minutes. Not a big deal but your mileage may vary.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GSN View Post
    If you want guaranteed loot, make a Mythic0 group and invite people with 870+ ilvl gear(or 900+, whatever you want). Do it at the start of the reset when good geared people run them for legendary chance/AP/whatever. Very easy to form a strong group, at least on EU servers.

Also check people's gear before you start the dungeon, lots of addons to make it easier to do. Any healer spec can do more than 60k dps in 810 ilvl gear so just make your own group if you want to avoid stuff like that.
    Yeah I know, I was just refering to the fact that you'll find the worst of the worst players in m+0 generally speaking. Heroics you'll find overgeared people doing dailies, keystones you'll find overgeared people farming, in regular mythics you'll only find trash :P

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only reasons to do a regular mythic these days are:

1- Quick 4/4 weekly mythics for that heroic Nighthold chest.
    2- Balance of Power chain, since you can't do most of the quests in M+.

And bear in mind, that is from a casual's perspective who only gears one character.

Deleted
    If you are playing on horde EU send me an private message. I dont mind running a few with you so you get your confidence up

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmine View Post
    If you are playing on horde EU send me an private message. I dont mind running a few with you so you get your confidence up
    I am Horde EU. Like the guy I quoted, I will help you during Fridays and Saturdays (my days off) as well if you like.

Hell we can run M+ to get your confidence up.

Deleted
    Mythic 0 is as faceroll as heroics. Not only are you overgearing it massively, but you also play one of the best specs for them: BM delivers consistent high output and is completely mobile.

So don't worry about it and approach them like you would a random heroic. Be mindful of dismissing your pet when shortcutting (like in Darkheart Thicket) or when jumping off an edge somewhere, and you'll be fine.
    If you're scared of points where your tank skips a pack (like Neltharion's Lair after 2nd boss or Halls of Valor before Hyrja here room), either ask him to engage or go in last so you can FD if you do body pull.

You'll do fine. If you're Alliance EU, send me a PM and I'll tank/heal for you in M+0-7.

I do advise you to group up with a few people willing to help you out for M+. If you are anxious for 'difficult' content, the timer aspect of M+ and the pressure to make 3 chests in most groups might put you off. It's better to ease you into it.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-02-06 at 12:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just want to get a general feel from the mmo-c community on the difficulty of M+0 dungeons. A bit of background: I play a ilvl 875 BM Hunter which I geared solely with world quests and random heroics. My damage is almost always around 400k in dungeons and I don't usually stand in the fire. The reason I am asking is because I have a slight anxiety disorder and I get stupidly nervous while doing (difficult?) content with others. I know that's pretty lame but it is what it is.

In your experience and with the background I gave would you recommend that I try pug it via group finder or join a guild to consume the content?
    Somebody in guild almost a week ago was asking a very similar question (due to the weekly quest) with pretty similar gear and I'll tell you the same thing I told him.

As a dps, if you can avoid stepping on your own balls, you should have no trouble doing Mythic+0. I have Shaman tanked a Mythic0 before (healer had to heal his ass off though, seriously, props to that guy).

So yeah, you should be fine. Have fun and kick ass.