Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Oh my god I can't believe how stupid? people are in this thread. He served his time (6 months).

It's like you're a kid in a candy shop, you get caught with 1 candy bar. After 6 months they find a second candy bar in your home from the same time period of the last one and punish you again. Logic? I don't know, you guys scare me.
    Would his ban have been longer had they known of times X through Z, and not just times A through B? If so, I don't see the problem with extending it to its appropriate length.

This could've been avoided if you weren't dumb enough to bot in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Oh my god I can't believe how stupid? people are in this thread. He served his time (6 months).

It's like you're a kid in a candy shop, you get caught with 1 candy bar. After 6 months they find a second candy bar in your home from the same time period of the last one and punish you again. Logic? I don't know, you guys scare me.
    What if the rules are "You get 6 months ban per candy bar (Or items of equal value) stolen?
    Sure, if A through B was battleground farming 24/7 for weeks and X through Z was 1 hour of gathering botting, I can see the problem - But we will likely never know.
    OP will probably claim the 2nd and Blizz will probably never reveal the truth.

All in all, my opinion against botting is probably already giving a biased response, but so be it.
    Last edited by zyx; 2017-02-05 at 03:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really can't feel bad for you. Its not a permaban appereantly, so you can still play the game when it gets new patches.

Also, botting is bad. It distort the economy and makes it harder for Blizzard to control the economy. Because of botting, it oftens is not worth farming mats and selling them, because bots are putting absurb amounts of mats on the market. That is why they are bad and why the game is better without them. It actually becomes possible for a normal player to earn money worth their time through the AH.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Blizzard should've permanently banned you on the first offense. People who cheat/bot in MMORPGs are despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    oh boy people here hate botting hell itself is coming in the comment
    Oh is that right, guess it's time to break out my stories.

I never get caught I always stop before banwaves go out lol. I don't bot like you guys though, I use programs to make crafting easier for myself. Like back before mass milling was around I had a program that would click my mouse button for me and I'd have the cursor of a mill macro and I'd just go and watch t.v. gg

I think the only time I got in trouble was back in the day, like back in BC/Wrath I was buying a fucking ton of gold, like thousands of dollars worth of gold lol. Man I bought so much fucking gold the chick I bought it from friended me on Facebook lol ain't that some shit. Yeah anyways, I remember one time Blizz was like...bruh, and they made me logoff and took my gold from me and another time they were like...bruh and I got a ban. I still got the emails from them lol.

Ah thems were the days bros, heading out to ratchet to the bank there and getting thousands of gold lol, it was so funny because you would see other players there and you knew what they were doing, there's only one reason to be at the ratchet bank and that's because you bought gold and were picking it up.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2017-02-05 at 03:41 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I agree with you, I mean, You were banned once why not again? People on this forum are generally children who will just scream that you should get perma'd. They are also the same people who benefit from it and would complain about server prices if it wasn't around. I couldn't care less about bots, it helps my economy. With shared nodes in the expac people are complaining over literally nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    Blizzard should've permanently banned you on the first offense. People who cheat/bot in MMORPGs are despicable.
    Cheating and botting are in different leagues. If you think botting is the same as cheating, that laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    People on this forum are generally children who will just scream that you should get perma'd. With shared nodes in the expac people are complaining over literally nothing.
    I don't want bots to be perma banned.
    Banning them every 6 months will make them bleed every time not just once.

I couldn't care less about bots, it helps my economy.
    That proves you have no idea about economy.

Cheating and botting are in different leagues. If you think botting is the same as cheating, that laughable.
    For you - probably yes.
    For Blizzard and +90% of this game playerbase - no. Check ToS and then you will know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    So awhile ago i got banned for botting, yes i admit it and don't try to cover it up.
    Stopped reading there. Take it like a man; when going gets tough, tough gets going.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    That's hilarious. But cool to know that they've managed to track it that well. Gj blizzard. Keep on fighting the good fight.

The people that whine that we benefit from botting, hah. Jog on. The only thing you do is crash the market and decrease the value of gold.
    Last edited by mmoc0abc27f8eb; 2017-02-05 at 04:18 PM.

So awhile ago i got banned for botting, yes i admit it and don't try to cover it up. Used it to farm ore n herbs. Banned for 6 months, I deserved it.

So I hop back on after my 6 months and within an hour, banned again. I was literally just in Dalaran and looking through the dungeon journal, so I was like wtf?

Well i inquired with blizz....

They said the first ban only caught times A through B....upon logging on they found times X through Z.

I'm not arguing that i should not have gotten banned for botting, but this seems a lot like double jeopardy to me. I was already punished for botting, why am i being punished again for this?

If you bot for an entire year or one day the ban is 6 months regardless. I botted for a month, took a break for a couple months then did it again. I deleted the program and haven't thought about it since my initial ban back in WoD.
    they should ban you and then put up a wall.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Good job, Blizz!

Deleted
    Oh look a semantics argument I've never seen that before. It's almost as if people declare a thesaurus to be a book on law rather than a...thesaurus.

Botting is cheating, plain and simple. Stop trying to justify using a third party program to give yourself an ingame advantage you wouldn't normally manage as not cheating. It's sad and shows you're incapable of taking responsibility for stupid actions.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-02-05 at 05:09 PM.

Well deserved. I hope it was a perma-ban this time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Shouldn't have botted mate deserved 100%.

IMO blizz should just insta permban everyone that bots, I don't understand why they are not doing that.
    the reason (i cant remember where i heared this but i agree with it)
    blizzard does temp bans that increase and not perma right away is that

when you get perma banned you have to make a new account, then players are more willing to bot again cause well they lost everything, they are startng all over again so... doesent matter to risk it

but when you have a temp ban you get the "well man you messed up... your gunna be off for awhile but you will get your stuff back, but if you keep botting well say goodbye to years of progress"

so yes it helps less with people who bot just to bot and will never stop botting, then perma bans

but it does allow for blizz to forgive players who have played for along time and maybe bot for something and get caught, then are willing to play again without botting
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    So awhile ago i got banned for botting, yes i admit it and don't try to cover it up. Used it to farm ore n herbs. Banned for 6 months, I deserved it.

So I hop back on after my 6 months and within an hour, banned again. I was literally just in Dalaran and looking through the dungeon journal, so I was like wtf?
    Lol, you deserved it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I think the only time I got in trouble was back in the day, like back in BC/Wrath I was buying a fucking ton of gold, like thousands of dollars worth of gold lol. Man I bought so much fucking gold the chick I bought it from friended me on Facebook lol ain't that some shit. Yeah anyways, I remember one time Blizz was like...bruh, and they made me logoff and took my gold from me and another time they were like...bruh and I got a ban. I still got the emails from them lol.
    But why the hell did you need all that gold? I always find it weird when people buy gold. What do you do with it?

They said the first ban only caught times A through B....upon logging on they found times X through Z.

I'm not arguing that i should not have gotten banned for botting, but this seems a lot like double jeopardy to me. I was already punished for botting, why am i being punished again for this?
    Nope. That is not double jeopardy. You committed two crimes. You were caught twice. You were punished twice.

10+ Year Old Account

If you bot for an entire year or one day the ban is 6 months regardless. I botted for a month, took a break for a couple months then did it again. I deleted the program and haven't thought about it since my initial ban back in WoD.
    Huh, I wonder if that's what happened to me. I made a post similar to this a few months ago, I did a 6 month go for botting (which I hadn't actually done), I wonder if it was because they saw it did it well over a year ago. But after the 6 months was up, I was able to play for a month, and then 3 days into the next sub, I get banned for botting again...which I hadn't been. I never got a response from Blizzard like yours, but it makes more sense than "meh, he's a botter, let's just ban his account for shits."

However, this just sounds really fucking petty of Blizzard. One more reason I'm glad I don't support them anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Would his ban have been longer had they known of times X through Z, and not just times A through B? If so, I don't see the problem with extending it to its appropriate length.
    NO, it wouldn't be longer. You get 6 month ban if you botted for 10 minutes AND/or 3 years. The ban is the same length.

you shold received a permaban at the first time anyway