Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Legion is the least casual friendly expansion since Vanilla. It has by far the highest ammount of grinding since Vanilla, it has by far the highest level of content since Vanilla and it's arguably in many respects the best expansion since Vanilla (though certainly not my favourite)... But is it casual friendly? Depends how you define casual, but the way you define casual in my eyes makes Legion pretty unfriendly to you.

If it's not clear, Legion is designed around grinding heavily in a way that no expansion has done before. Think Diablo 3 loot farming and Paragon levels dumped into WoW, that's Legion.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what you mean by casual? It's a definition with each of their own.

To me, casual is random. It's something that's not planned atleast on longer scale than 1 day.
    Raiding, rated bg's, anything that takes some planning, others and voice communication is however IMO dedication, and it's not casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Otherwise, prepare to join Clan Neckbeard, They of the Pasty Skin, Him Who Dwelleth in the Basement.
    Goddamn this gave a good chuckle hahah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    Well, it seems to be casual friendly, but it is not. It is very good in segregating casuals from hardcores or semi-hardcores. There are some glass-ceilings in the game, which actually discourage people from experiencing more content.

I have a small casual guild. I am the only player there who regularly runs mythic dungeons, sometimes lower mythic+. I am the only one who regularly does all emissary chests on all characters (at least this works out now, I don't know if I will have the time when I am finished with all classes). We have currently 6 players who have their main characters in the guild - of these, 3 are inactive, 1 is a returning player and got his character to 110 only some days before today, and one is playing irregularly. I am the only one who "rises above" the casual content of WQs and random normal / heroic dungeons. If my guild mates have successful mythic dungeon runs, then it's because I organise the group and lead through the dungeon (besides doing top dps because I overgear the places and have a fire mage as my main). I still could not get any of them to run the Karazhan attunement chain, so I run Kara with random groups now.

And I have the feeling that my more casual guild mates just lost the interest in wow because they just cannot go further on the one hand (inflated item level requirement in groups say hello), and on the other hand don't seem to need it (because random gear upgrades from easiest content already push your item level). I also wish I could get rid of doing emissary quests on characters who are already exalted with all factions - but since these chests have been my best sources of legendaries, I cannot.

The effort-reward-efficiency curve is very awkward in Legion. Yes, you are perfectly occupied as a casual, but you do the same things over and over, and people just burn out or are bored to death.

It has become easy to feed gear to carries. So if you're in a guild that has some more geared people in it, you can be swimming in gear in no time.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Depends what your objectives are. 54 Traits and Mythic raiding? The most casual unfriendly expansion ever until the point you reach your 54 traits. Even then, if you still don't have BiS legendaries and you want to make sure you're doing everything you can to get them, you're still stuck on the hamster wheel.

If you don't care about all of that? Gearing up alts is fast, getting an artifact to 25-30 traits is quick and easy as of Artifact Knowledge lvl 15. It's not that bad to be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    70-90 hours a week??
    Are you someones slave or something? No way I would work that much, even if they pay 1M $ a week.
    We can't all be flipping burgers or screwing on bottle caps. Some of us have a career we're pursuing.