Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should "Balance of Power" account bound?

Especially with 7.2 incoming?

I really don't understand why this ridiculously long questline isn't account bound considering it is required for 4 weapon appearances and other appearances are account bound already. Currently I don't imagine many people doing this quest line more than once especially considering it requires Normal Emerald Nightmare and nobody really even touches that raid anymore. I mean why bother investing time in designing four appearances and then locking them behind such nonsense surely knowing the majority won't redo the quests on all alts.

Personally I think it should have been acct wide since a lot of other things already effect my alts because my main has done it. Right now the current system isn't cutting it and is only going to make it worse once 7.2 drops.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, EN step is horrible. Account Wide OR remove the grindy steps on alts once you, let's say, finish it on at least one character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes it should. It is pretty much like all the other things in Legion, which have been made account-wide. After you have gotten it on 1 character, the chances of EN and NH being viable for you is slimming down, so when 7.2 hits, we are proberly gonna touch those raids alot less.

Just like with old CM mode rewards, i think Balance of Power should be totally account wide. Have you done this great achievement?? You don't have to do it again.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so, it shows that this specific character is able to find organized group and clear basic raids. But I think that 'grind' quest should have be optional after you complete it on main. We still would have to kill Xavius, Trilliax, Elisande and Guldan for that. Or they can just replace that with quest to clear whole instance.

On the other hand, I think prestige should be account-wide or faction wide. it would be much more fun, if I could progress this on different characters. Also other things that present no challenge and are just time consuming, like do 100 dungeons, should be account wide.

7+ Year Old Account
    make poll

/yes

i have 12 toons, i want to get all the skins/colours ithink all the skins should be account bound
    because god danm...
    doing balance of power and reaching presteige level 15 on 12 toons.. no fuck that
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    make the EN drops less annoyin and theres really no need tbh
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind it. I am in the final stage of it (Eye of Gul'dan) on my paladin, and while I really, really really enjoyed the process involved, I really really really don't want to go through all this over 12 characters.

Honestly, I think a lot of artifact skin things need to be account-wide or something like that. That, or Blizzard is going to make it a total hell for collectors to farm the artifact skins before they're permanently removed after Legion.

I feel like Legion has highlighted just how much stuff should be account bound in general. A lot of the game's systems encourage repetitive, unenjoyable gameplay when it comes to alts, rather than emphasising the freedom and flexibility of playing multiple characters. Swapping to an alt feels very constraining in Legion.

Spent all of EN on a shadow priest >.> decided not to do balance of power cause... shadow... daggers... yea... now I actually kind of want the weapons for my DH but ugh, thinking about pugging EN is meh... should have just opened that part to LFR or something after NH came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    wtf, i thought it was account bound? That's aids, not gonna bother with it then :L

I play a guardian druid just for mythic+ and never did a single raid with him. He got the keymaster achievement but can´t use the skin you get for it. So yea I hope they make balance of power either accountwide or at least change it so you don´t need it´s skin first to use the other 3 which makes no sense to me anyway. I did the quest chain with my shaman but there is no way I will go EN again for like 2 months with any other char.
    Last edited by Nvrmd; 2017-02-05 at 11:07 PM.

That entire row unlock should be account wide, the only one that's reasonable to farm on every character is the world bosses.

It's daft to expect people to repeat farm Balance of Power, Glory of the Legion Hero and M+ 15 on every character.

Would love to see Prestige account wide while theyre're at it, as no way in hell am I doing that boring grind on all my alts (can't even use the mounts on alts, let alone the artifact skins).

TLDR: Base row, upgraded base row and hidden skin row should be character bound. Balance of Power and Prestige rows should be BoA.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2017-02-05 at 11:15 PM.

Yes it should be, if not at least when you finish it on one character, your alts should get some sort of boost in the drop rates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it should be account bound and also allow LFR to do the quest. I'm still 15/30 on the damn thing and can't see myself finishing it any time soon as I don't have the time to raid anymore.

Hell yes, it must be account wide, its a torture doing it, or a buff for the other characters in your account to loot extra things for the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Just like with old CM mode rewards, i think Balance of Power should be totally account wide. Have you done this great achievement?? You don't have to do it again.
    Old CM rewards are account bound? ._. I didn't think the armor sets were.

Deleted
    Yes and the drop rates for the items from EN especially needs to be upped a lot, if not made 100%

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Especially with 7.2 incoming?

I really don't understand why this ridiculously long questline isn't account bound considering it is required for 4 weapon appearances and other appearances are account bound already. Currently I don't imagine many people doing this quest line more than once especially considering it requires Normal Emerald Nightmare and nobody really even touches that raid anymore. I mean why bother investing time in designing four appearances and then locking them behind such nonsense surely knowing the majority won't redo the quests on all alts.
    The game isn't designed with alts in mind anymore. With warforged, legendaries, AP, long quest chains, the wait for garrison2 upgrades and the delay on AK (it's shorter, granted) Blizzard doesn't want customers who stay. They want customers who buy the game, play LFR and move on because apparently it seems to get them more money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!