Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When you originally got flying in BC, it was after you'd consumed world content as it was intended, and were spending your time in raids.

This is the same thing, except that the world content isn't actually done until far later in the expansion due to planning and reuse.

Quit your damn crying. Flying is fun, and we all enjoy it, but we all use it to circumvent the game, not to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    what about flying on argus?
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    I haven't missed flying at all and I wouldn't care if they only ever introduced it on 2 conditions:
    1) When an expansion is finished.
    2) When the player has reached the maximum level of this expansion.

I'd rather have them reduce the cooldown on our Hearthstone, add additional items like the Flight Master's Whistle or add different means of travel (Eagle network for hunters, portals for mages, warrior order hall ability, etc. etc.) than having flying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    Flying is necessary to preserve sanity. There's only so many times a person can listen to "An illusion, what are you hiding?" before wanting to commit genocide on all the Nightborne race.
    It is too late for that, everytime i have to do the arcway or court of stars, while the rest of the group arrives i go berserk into killing everyone, i am usually the last one entering those instances.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    By interesting you mean fucking retarded.
    Yeah, Legion has few problems and sure as hell retarded terrain is one of the biggest flaws. Often it feels as if they went extra lengths to inconvenience the player. For example I can't remember so many small doodads everywhere which were BLOCKING character movement. Normally you could just run through them in earlier zones. But not here! Fences that are JUST high enough you cannot jump through them. Slopes that are steep JUST enough that you cannot climb them. All that shit everywhere. And then some shitty mob dazes you just to salt the wound. The time I have wasted finding my way to the next objective in this expansion is absolutely staggering and exceeds all previous expansions combined.
    I don't miss flight so much. I miss terrain that is not fucking frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post

I get if you want to ride your beloved flying mounts in the air, and you'll get to eventually. You have to accept that not being able to fly past difficult content when it's current is going to be the norm. Once nothing can even threaten you, that's when you'll have the ability to glide past it in the air.

That's just the way it is now.
    I am also against flying, but to be fair: Nothing threatens me on the ground since ~1 month after release. Even suramar elite Area was never a problem, so that is not really a argument.

Deleted
    Yeah, you have never played Vanilla.

Vanilla never had frustrating terrain like this.
    What? Feralas was as irritating as Val'sharah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. It was a mistake to add it in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Engaging maybe the first few characters you run through.
    After that, it becomes tired really quickly.
    To use your words: That's just your opinion.
    You didn't need to point out, that it was just my opionion, since I expressed that sentence as an opinion.

You are getting flying in patch 7.2, so I don't see the problem. You experienced the game for the first time and now you can enjoy the game with flying with patch 7.2.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Flying on the Broken Isles is useless by the time we get it?

Roleplaying community says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by FrantACs View Post
    You are getting flying in patch 7.2, so I don't see the problem.
    LOL

Let me try that.

*You* are getting $2 an hour so *I* don't see a problem. I think $2 an hour is OK for you.

You see where the problem is now? You are saying that something is not a problem for others, and you have no business saying that because you aren't them.

Deleted
    Actually, it did. It absolutely did.

That said: I don't really mind either way. The lack of flying bothers me less in Legion than it did back in WoD; it's pretty easy and fast to reach most spots out in the open world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard wanted Flying to be a reward for exploring the world and completing content in it, which would then make leveling alts faster.

They specifically didn't want it to be a tool to make exploring the world and completing content the first time easier.

I'd say they hit that goal pretty convincingly with the current setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, okay then... Only (at appropriate level) Un'goro Crater, Feralas, Ashenvale, Stonetalon Mountains, Arathi Highlands and Stranglethorne Vale.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2017-02-06 at 03:04 PM.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I am also against flying, but to be fair: Nothing threatens me on the ground since ~1 month after release. Even suramar elite Area was never a problem, so that is not really a argument.
    It's not my argument, it's Blizzard's.

I'm not personally bothered by not being able to fly, I don't care either way. I'm just spouting the Blizzard opinion. I definitely WOULD care if all we had was a 15 minute hearth and terrible Flightpaths, which we don't.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    LOL

Let me try that.

*You* are getting $2 an hour so *I* don't see a problem. I think $2 an hour is OK for you.

You see where the problem is now? You are saying that something is not a problem for others, and you have no business saying that because you aren't them.
    You're not making any sense. Compose yourself.

On topic: yes, with 7.2 being who knows when and certainly not soon enough, they effectively removed flying in actual content until the moment it is no longer relevant.

They made a mistake. If flying was in the game now, more people would have stayed. Although with how far 7.2 is now and how empty the content is, flying would not have saved it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    You're not making any sense. Compose yourself.
    It's a direct analogy.

Obviously "*you* are getting X so *I* don't see a problem" is not making much sense, but it's not me saying that, it's the guy I am replying to - in order to show that the line is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? It's easy and fast enough getting around as it is. God forbid this game have any sense of adventure. I think it's pretty obvious too that Blizzard wants you to play the game the way it was meant to be played. That's why they make it a process to unlock flying. At this point you can tell that they're admitting flying was a mistake because of how they're handling it with the off and on kind of shit they're doing. Once they introduced flying it opened up a can of worms and now people are so spoiled from it that they're getting their jimmies all rustled up when they're not able to fly. Some are even quitting which I find pretty ridiculous but whatever, their choice.

However the way they're handling the flying issue is just plain stupid if you ask me. I don't care either way if we have flying or we don't have flying, I really don't care anymore but if you're going to have flying in this game then they need to start designing this game with flying mounts in mind. You either have flying or you don't. Enough with this unlocking flying at the end of an expansion bullshit. They seem to have put a lot of effort into making flight paths faster and more efficient so if they're going to be focusing that much on improving flight paths why bother with flying mounts anymore? Flight paths are just as good now. Also we have that whistle item that takes us to the nearest camp which I thought was a super cool idea. I actually would rather have it that way than having flying mounts.

Kind of off topic but I also find it kind of funny how people will say vanilla WoW was so much better then current WoW. Well if there are so many pro-flyers here how will they survive playing on a vanilla server? Vanilla didn't have flying mounts. Oh but I guess that would be the ONE good thing about post-vanilla WoW.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-02-06 at 03:09 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious too that Blizzard wants you to play the game the way it was meant to be played.
    They want you to be slower when doing content so you stay subbed for longer, that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.2 is far from the last patch, hell we have Argus to go to still lol
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, it's fine how it is right now IMHO.

When BC released with flying, 95% of all ppl hit lvl 70 before they could even buy the lowest flying rank. Highest Speed was farming gold like mad.
    WotLK was also fine, because you had flying at max lvl and it cost quite some money. So most didn't even get it with the highest rank.

Also the FP travel was WAY slower then in todays content and even with flying it took you quite some time to get from point a to b.
    And you had to actually travel to the instance entry (at least for 3/4 of the xpac).

After that, the gold didn't keep the ppl from flying anymore and the content was getting too easy and many important or cool parts were just ignored.

They invest a fuckload of work for the world itself and it's QUITE different, if you ride tru some part of it and see like huge statues left and right and go "awesome".

And with the whistle and your heatstones, you can go fast anyway, so if the xpac keeps on you are way faster with your dailies then before. Enabling flying after 1/2-3/4 of the xpac time is gone is fine. Then you can start playing your other chars better, can faster lvl up, farm to your hearts content etc.

IMHO it's the best solution now. If you play the content, you will have flying.

They could just change, that after the xpac and with the start of a new one, the achievement for flying goes to Feats of Strength and everyone gets flying with all chars for the old xpac. Would be better if you had a vacation for the old xpac and try to lvl up your alts :3
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5