Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Stormpeaks and Icecrown, both zones made with flying in mind during the most popular era of WoW's history. Some Blue post being made that claims flying was a mistake, during the exact time period that they're pushing hard to justify their decision to remove flight, doesn't hold a candle to that evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Care to explain exactly HOW it ruins community? This should be good.
    You could navigate icecrown w/o a flying mount for the most part, btw. There were 2 or 3 quests that needed you to fly but you could circumvent that with a temporary item ezpz.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what Blizzard should do just to "satisfy" folks like myself who don't want to go through the grindfest to unlock flying is after the expansion is over, they offer a BOA Tome to unlock Flying in the Broken Isles and on Draenor but for Gold. 25,000G sounds reasonable. It would be made available at the end of the expansion so...yeah.

I think this is more than fair and is safer than offering a real money option. Waiting until the end of the expansion's lifespan also ensures everyone has at least experienced most of the content.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Grab Her By The Pussy View Post
    They really have. By only enabling it when it doesn't matter anymore.

7.2 will enable flying, but it will be done after people have spent months on the Broken Isles doing their quests while not flying. After we unlock it, that will probably be it in terms of content, before they release the Argus patch. At that point we won't need to fly on the Broken Isles, because we'll be on Argus, which will probably be not flyable either.

It's just like with WoD, where we were only able to fly once nobody needed to anymore anyway. Because the expansion was over. When the flying patch came out, I had 2 days of gametime left. And I didn't renew my sub at that point and went on a 1-year break, because the expansion was over anyway.

This will be the standard now. Flying is gone.
    I never understood this ...quite frankly WOD became better once flying was introduced. I know i will enjoy the game a lot more once flying is back in the game. The only place that should be no=fly zones are the world pvp wqs areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    I never understood this ...quite frankly WOD became better once flying was introduced. I know i will enjoy the game a lot more once flying is back in the game. The only place that should be no=fly zones are the world pvp wqs areas.
    Wod became better to the whiners*

Flying really didn't change anything but the time it took for the tanaan jungle rares to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Wod became better to the whiners*

Flying really didn't change anything but the time it took for the tanaan jungle rares to die.
    So because i enjoy the game more with flying I am whiner? Not sure i like your alternative facts. It is my opinion and from the feedback blizzard got I am not the only one.

I know i hardly play now...besides logging for raids....and when flying comes back I can see me logging more. Its as simple as that. Your welcome to put your hands over your ears and yell "I AM NOT LISTENING" as much as you want it does not change mine or other opinion on flying.

I myself know i am not a special snowflake...and if i feel this way others do too.

No-flying wasn't an issue at the start of Legion...travelling, exploring it was fun. We are far past that stage now. Flying should of been added when kara was released. The only areas in legion that should be no-fly zones are world pvp wq areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    You could navigate icecrown w/o a flying mount for the most part, btw. There were 2 or 3 quests that needed you to fly but you could circumvent that with a temporary item ezpz.
    And, rda said so eloquently above this post, "You can also drive your car by pushing it with your hands from the back. Hey, it takes less fuel that way!"

The idea that flying is some kind of mistake or somehow hurts the game is, quite frankly, ridiculous! There is no evidence to support it.

15+ Year Old Account
    By not having flying not only do you interact with the world that they have spent time on creating, but you also have to use the features ingame as they are intended. Like for example the flightmasters, which tends to not be used much unless you are going somewhere and will go AFK for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    By not having flying not only do you interact with the world that they have spent time on creating, but you also have to use the features ingame as they are intended. Like for example the flightmasters, which tends to not be used much unless you are going somewhere and will go AFK for a bit.
    Seems like flightpaths do a better job of removing people from the game world than flying mounts, then, with all the opportunities to go afk. Don't see those being removed, though, nope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Seems like flightpaths do a better job of removing people from the game world than flying mounts, then, with all the opportunities to go afk. Don't see those being removed, though, nope.
    Flying mounts can be used anywhere and therefore can be used to skip content. Flightmasters are there for transportation and goldsink.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Flying mounts can be used anywhere and therefore can be used to skip content. Flightmasters are there for transportation and goldsink.
    Flightmasters allow you to skip content as well. Whether I took the flightpath from Goldshire to Stormwind or used a flying mount, I skipped having to deal with all the stuff on the ground between those towns.

Funny enough, were I on the flying mount and happened to spot copper ore on the way over, I could opt to detour and grab that, whereas that option doesn't exist while on the flightpath.

I love it as it is now. Don't want it in 7.2, to fast. After last big patch before new expansion would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    I love it as it is now. Don't want it in 7.2, to fast. After last big patch before new expansion would be perfect.
    Here's a pro-tip for you: Don't put the flying mount on your hotbar. Congrats! Flying doesn't exist for you even after 7.2.

Here's a pro-tip for you: Don't put the flying mount on your hotbar. Congrats! Flying doesn't exist for you even after 7.2.
    You're still in the denial stage of grief, huh? Lmfao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    I thought that was Cross-Realms though?

Seriously, peoples reasons for why "wow is dying" changes constantly just so they have a reason to bash the game.

Don't like Flying? Don't then.

Like Flying? Do it then.

The new way they're unlocking flying is much more engaging than buying the skill.
    Why do you people always go to that asinine way of thinking, " don't like flying don't do it"?

Among all the negative effects of flying, flying is a HUGE advantage over ground travel. If a person just stuck to their preference, one would be at a much larger advantage in almost every aspect of the game. Having flight enabled isn't a real choice between ground or air travel. You chose the most efficient no matter what.

Look at it another way, why did Blizzard change the talent trees from the vanilla - cataclysm model to the model we have now? Because there really wasn't REAL choice in the talent trees because you would be intentionally gimping yourself if you didn't spec in a cookie cutter way.

Flight being enabled is the same. There is only the illusion of choice. Which is why it shouldn't be a part of the game anymore.

hmm. strange. i am one of these vanilla/TBC lovers. but i hate no-flying these days. in a dangerous world, where unmounting matters by being killed by just 1-2 elite mobs, no-flying is a great thing. but these days ?

i dont get what the thing is, what is so great with no-flying. you will be just unmounted, kill maybe 10+ mobs a braindead ape could kill, and mount up again. its just anoying. i have no clue what it is that it is that great with no-flying. and i am pro-immersion, pro-vanilla and so on. but i see no immersion with no-fyling, nor any features that feel that great.

a while ago (before WoD) i thought exactly the same about no-fyling. i thought that would be great again, immersion and all that stuff. but when it happened i just find it annoying. and this didnt changed till today. no clue whats great with no-flying.

i dont get it.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-02-09 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why do you people always go to that asinine way of thinking, " don't like flying don't do it"?

Among all the negative effects of flying, flying is a HUGE advantage over ground travel. If a person just stuck to their preference, one would be at a much larger advantage in almost every aspect of the game. Having flight enabled isn't a real choice between ground or air travel. You chose the most efficient no matter what.

Look at it another way, why did Blizzard change the talent trees from the vanilla - cataclysm model to the model we have now? Because there really wasn't REAL choice in the talent trees because you would be intentionally gimping yourself if you didn't spec in a cookie cutter way.

Flight being enabled is the same. There is only the illusion of choice. Which is why it shouldn't be a part of the game anymore.
    Do you really think there aren't cookie cutter builds now? The new talent system doesn't actually involve any real choice either. And what do you think the Artifact system is if not a carbon copy of the old talent system?

As for flying being better than ground mounts, I thought the entire argument was that ground travel was more immersive and "fun". If those are your primary interested, then efficiency takes a back seat. If the moment a more efficient method comes along and you use it, it means that you're not really interesting in immersion and fun in the first place, or that the immersion and fun weren't very good to begin with.

You can't say that removing flight makes the game better, then turn around and say you'd immediately skip all that "better" stuff the moment flying is available. Where does that leave your argument?

But, in the interest of fairness, how about a situation where flying and ground mounts were more of a real decision? Lets say that flying was set to the same speed as ground mounts, and ground mounts were given new abilities, such as climbing steeper surfaces, or leaping, or slowfall, or staying mounted in combat? What then? Or how about if Blizzard actually designed zones with mixed areas that allowed and disallowed flight? You know, like they used to in previous expansions with zones like Timeless Isle, Firelands, etc?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-09 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    Please refer to my signature when responding to a Jaylock post instead of looking like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Please refer to my signature when responding to a Jaylock post instead of looking like an idiot.
    I care less about who's making the post, and more about what's being said in the post. Sadly, a lot of people buy into the logic he used, and I think it's worthwhile to point out the flaws in said logic. It's sort of like when I respond to someone who regurgitates the "Flying ruins the game" line, or "Flying ruined PVP". It matters less who's saying it, and more that the bad logic is pointed out when it happens.

Deleted
    I care less about who's making the post, and more about what's being said in the post.
    What's being said is a deliberate attempt to provoke you and you deliberately fell for it. Pathetic.

Guess I was right. Same small group of people saying the same old things. Look forward to 7.2 and flying. Looking forward to the next expo it being taken away again. Then it's return. Best way for it to be handled. I bet we will see the same small handful of people saying the same old things again.